Kansas City Chiefs @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 9/2/22-9/10/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because guys like Ertz/Watt/Rondale are always injured, and a guy like Trayvon Mullen was given away, and is injured again after playing 4 games last year.

It's hard to imagine it's a strength and conditioning program issue. More likely brittle players breaking down.
Castles made of sand…

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Build a team of perpetually injured reaches and you get what you deserve.
Do the Cardinals really draft & sign injury prone players more than other teams? Or is this something that every team's fans think whenever someone gets hurt?

@K9 & others are fond of pointing out how "obvious" it was that some player would be injured... But has anyone actually analyzed how the injury history of the players Keim brings in compare to those of other teams' players?

Based on this, the Cards have lost fewer man-games to injury than 2/3 of the league's teams:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So does Keim now deserve praise for bringing in players who are LESS prone to injury than the average GM's aquisitions? Or does the whole meme now get discredited?

Can't have it both ways.

Edited to add: here are the 2021-only numbers. Cards are right in the middle.

...dave

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals really draft & sign injury prone players more than other teams? Or is this something that every team's fans think whenever someone gets hurt?

@K9 & others are fond of pointing out how "obvious" it was that some player would be injured... But has anyone actually analyzed how the injury history of the players Keim brings in compare to those of other teams' players?

Based on this, the Cards have lost fewer man-games to injury than 2/3 of the league's teams:

So does Keim now deserve praise for bringing in players who are LESS prone to injury than the average GM's aquisitions? Or does the whole meme now get discredited?

Can't have it both ways.

Edited to add: here are the 2021-only numbers. Cards are right in the middle.

...dave
Dave… as someone who not only had a a Caddyshack Bday party, but unknowingly dirty dance’d with my mom who was costumed as a Gopher at said party, I can have it any way I want it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I can’t envision any way the Cards win or even compete effectively in this game. It could easily be a rout. I’m thinking the best outcome is avoiding any more serious injuries.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t envision any way the Cards win or even compete effectively in this game. It could easily be a rout. I’m thinking the best outcome is avoiding any more serious injuries.
I’m imagining an uglier version of that Redskins stinker that started the 2017 campaign. A little more scoring both ways, but one that makes us feel relatively hopeless moving forward.

Although the Chiefs are MUCH better than that Skins team and we are much better than that Cards team.

Okay… maybe it will be nothing like that game long-term, except a big fat L in the short term.

And if I’m wrong, I’d love to see it while fully bracing myself for people to attack, insult and do whatever they did in a drunken rage like they did last season after game 1. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a ridiculous comparison. This team won 11 games last year with largely the same roster.

Bad take.
I amended it after a second of thought.

Prob won’t have the long term implications the 2017 opener did, but short term could still see us getting crushed fugly. I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to think we have a shot of getting crushed this week. We’re playing a more talented, better coached Super Bowl contender and the best QB in the league going against an absolutely barren corner group… with a pass rush that may be awful. That’s a recipe for disaster.

That said, the idea that this team this week (which is the issue at hand) is largely the same roster that won 11 games last year is a bad take as well.

The team this week has no Hopkins/Chandler Jones/Alford/Ednmonds/Moore and possibly no Ertz as well. All of those guys were key pieces of the 11 win puzzle last year. And none of them have adequate/equivalent replacements in there for them this week.

Oh yeah… also no Hicks, no Phillips who contributed early last season when we built that 7-0 start as well. I guess we have Zaven to hopefully step up for Hicks.

Oh Jesus….i also forgot Watt might also be out with a calf injury. And Golden hasn’t practiced in a month and is also game-time, right?

I mean, the more I think about it, if Golden and Watt are out also? At that point, the most ridiculous thing here might be comparing the team on the field this week to anything remotely resembling the team that won 11 games last year.

Big Mad response laced with insults incoming 3… 2… 1…

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Prob won’t have the long term implications the 2017 opener did, but short term could still see us getting crushed fugly.

That said, the idea that this team this week (which is the issue at hand) is largely the same roster that won 11 games last year is a bad take as well.

The team this week has no Hopkins/Chandler Jones/Alford/Ednmonds/Moore and possibly no Ertz as well. All of those guys were key pieces of the 11 win puzzle last year. And none of them have adequate/equivalent replacements in there for them this week.
And Hicks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am always more comfortable when everyone thinks we will get crushed.

Nothing to lose baby!!!!
Well, we’re certainly used to being in the position expecting to be crushed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Hicks
Oof… right. And Hicks.

And Philips who was contributing during the beginning of the season when we racked up the majority of those 11 wins before we totally fell apart… after injuries to most of the guys I listed above.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m imagining an uglier version of that Redskins stinker that started the 2017 campaign. A little more scoring both ways, but one that makes us feel relatively hopeless moving forward.

Although the Chiefs are MUCH better than that Skins team and we are much better than that Cards team.

Okay… maybe it will be nothing like that game long-term, except a big fat L in the short term.

And if I’m wrong, I’d love to see it while fully bracing myself for people to attack, insult and do whatever they did in a drunken rage like they did last season after game 1. :mrgreen:

Oh God. I said these same words to my son. This game is going to be like the Steve Wilks opener….

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh God. I said these same words to my son. This game is going to be like the Steve Wilks opener….
I don’t think it will have the long term ramifications if it’s that level blowout though.

That game was embarassing and made the entire season hopeless because we were “healthy” and still got annihilated by what was obviously a mediocre at best, most likely bad team. The Chiefs are a title contender and we have a lot more talent than that Cards team did.

So all hope won’t be extinguished if we get crushed. But it always stings to lose opening weekend in any fashion.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it will have the long term ramifications if it’s that level blowout though.

That game was embarassing and made the entire season hopeless because we were “healthy” and still got annihilated by what was obviously a mediocre at best, most likely bad team. The Chiefs are a title contender and we have a lot more talent than that Cards team did.

So all hope won’t be extinguished if we get crushed. But it always stings to lose opening weekend in any fashion.
I agree. It’s the irony of me saying the same damn thing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Prob won’t have the long term implications the 2017 opener did, but short term could still see us getting crushed fugly. I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to think we have a shot of getting crushed this week. We’re playing a more talented, better coached Super Bowl contender and the best QB in the league going against an absolutely barren corner group… with a pass rush that may be awful. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Oh yeah… also no Hicks, no Phillips who contributed early last season when we built that 7-0 start as well. I guess we have Zaven to hopefully step up for Hicks.

Oh Jesus….i also forgot Watt might also be out with a calf injury. And Golden hasn’t practiced in a month and is also game-time, right?

I mean, the more I think about it, if Golden and Watt are out also? At that point, the most ridiculous thing here might be comparing the team on the field this week to anything remotely resembling the team that won 11 games last year.

Big Mad response laced with insults incoming 3… 2… 1…
Naw B, I don't have to insult ridiculousness.

I just laugh at it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw B, I don't have to insult ridiculousness.

I just laugh at it.
Thanks for proving my point, insulting my take as a ridiculous… again.

To quote your namesake Krango, I’ll simply respond your lack of self-awareness within that one sentence is “Amazing! Simply amazing!”

no need to respond further. as usual, it’s clear you just want lob insults and not talk football.

Hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard