Kanoff to Lions...WOW!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Dirty move!
The Lions signed former Cardinals quarterback Charles Kanoff to their practice squad on Wednesday, likely in hopes of boosting their strategic preparation for the opener.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dirty move!
The Lions signed former Cardinals quarterback Charles Kanoff to their practice squad on Wednesday, likely in hopes of boosting their strategic preparation for the opener.
Ha ha werent there many posters saying things like i seriously doubt anyone would need to do that to prepare for us....or how some were crazy to think that a team would do that. Guess what Air Raid gets unleashed this sunday and i dont think the league is ready....going to be beautiful

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well as much as I don’t like it I can’t say I don’t blame them. A great coach is gonna explore every opportunity that might give his team an edge against an opponent. Kinda feel bad for Charles though...He’ll probably be cut after this week.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Hopefully we sent him 10k via venmo to give bad advice while there

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

This is not an offense that can be predicted. Waste of money for the Lions. Boom or Bust has never been more appropriate to describe an offense going into game 1. I am sure that this putz knows the real playbook and what the offense will actually look like

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not an offense that can be predicted. Waste of money for the Lions. Boom or Bust has never been more appropriate to describe an offense going into game 1. I am sure that this putz knows the real playbook and what the offense will actually look like

Putz?

Mad at him for taking a contract?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ha ha werent there many posters saying things like i seriously doubt anyone would need to do that to prepare for us....or how some were crazy to think that a team would do that. Guess what Air Raid gets unleashed this sunday and i dont think the league is ready....going to be beautiful
On my end, it's more like "oh boy, our college coach forgot his entire offense could be sputtered out by a free agent because there's no transfer rules," and "I hope this was worth the lack of reps so you didn't put anything out there to bamboozle the freaking Lions, of all teams."

No, I think the Lions wasted money on a buffoon
A buffoon that went to Princeton? Come on man.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A smart move by Detroit, that I predicted would happen a few months ago. It just makes sense. Any edge you can get helps. We all remember Bill B., the best coach in the game, thought Spygate was a good idea. And being from Princeton, you have to figure he's a pretty smart guy. And it gives Kanoff a foot in the door. Good for him.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury thinks offense secrecy is ‘overblown’

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...ff-kingsbury-thinks-offense-secrecy-overblown

When asked, realistically, how much Kanoff could reveal of Kingsbury’s plans for the offense this year, here was his response (with a perfect amount of deadpan sarcasm):

“Pretty much everything. Whatever he says is exactly what we’re going to run in the game. So it’s tough for us.”

:lmao:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's hope kanoff doesn't tell the lions the cards pb....

Find it a little fishy move lol than watch kanoff get released after week 1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, I think the Lions wasted money on a buffoon
Why are you calling him names? He might not have enough talent but “putz” and “buffoon?” Dude attended Princeton and has reached the practice squad of NFL teams for multiple years. Most people’s resumes pale in comparison to his brief resume. Care to compare your’s?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's a dirty move, but a smart one

You can learn things and get people in better positions

I've seen it too often...there should be something to the fact of if you are going to play the players previous team they have to put them on the 53 man roster for 2 weeks. It would stop the sniping of players simply for data.

gotta wonder if he actually thinks he's there to be a qb or does his agent tell him 'leave your cleats at home. They just want to know the offense.'

As a football coach if we could do this...I'd do it.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are you calling him names? He might not have enough talent but “putz” and “buffoon?” Dude attended Princeton and has reached the practice squad of NFL teams for multiple years. Most people’s resumes pale in comparison to his brief resume. Care to compare your’s?

Consider the poster who said it...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kingsbury pretty much took the news of Kanoff signing with the Lions in a tongue and cheek fashion. This happens often in the NFL, and it comes down to being good at what you do and not another team knowing what your task is and hardly have the Lions enough time to have any advantage from Kanoff's insight... it's not like they are going to revamp their whole defense in a week to counter something which their scheme normally does not see on a usual NFL basis :raccoon:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn