Kalen Ballage

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Very excited about Ballage. A 6-3, 219 pound track star. Really compliments DJ Foster's skill set nicely.

It sounds like Ballage is a lock for offense only as D'Mareiya Nelson has been playing Devilbacker and is performing very well. Also heard that Graham is real happy the way Kody Kohl and Grant Martinez are playing the TE spot. It sounds like this camp has started off really well for the Sun Devils.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait! Graham has done such a turnaround for the Devils. Wasn't completely sold on the hire a few years ago, but now I am all in with him. Bringing in all the right guys and coaching and teaching players to play the right way! Unlike how Erickson did it....

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very excited about Ballage. A 6-3, 219 pound track star. Really compliments DJ Foster's skill set nicely.

It sounds like Ballage is a lock for offense only as D'Mareiya Nelson has been playing Devilbacker and is performing very well. Also heard that Graham is real happy the way Kody Kohl and Grant Martinez are playing the TE spot. It sounds like this camp has started off really well for the Sun Devils.

Article in today's AZ Republic, mentions he has been lining up on offense and defense. Coaches comparing him Charles Clay whom they coached at Tulsa who played both offense and defense. I think he could be the next Myles Jack but rather than burn him out, they should focus him on one side, either offense or defense only. UCLA has decided to have Jack play soley on offense, ASU should follow suit.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Article in today's AZ Republic, mentions he has been lining up on offense and defense. Coaches comparing him Charles Clay whom they coached at Tulsa who played both offense and defense. I think he could be the next Myles Jack but rather than burn him out, they should focus him on one side, either offense or defense only. UCLA has decided to have Jack play soley on offense, ASU should follow suit.

I read that same article, it seems like all college coaches want him to play LB. However the chance to play RB was a major selling for ASU point during recruiting. I believe UCLA wanted him only as a linebacker. Ballage sounds talented enough to play right away at LB or RB. Most of our RB's (Foster, Lewis and Middlebrooks) are all of the smaller, quicker type. Demario Richard will probably redshirt this year in my opinion.

I totally agree that we should play Ballage on either offense or defense only. Jack was successful, but that doesn't mean everyone can do it. I would be more than happy to see him be the goal line RB and also come in on third downs. He is said to have really good hands and good blocking skills.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the return of the 'iron man,' but I understand if you can't compete in recruiting to land 10 guys like Ballage every year (and the very best teams do), you have to at least consider having them contribute in more than one way.

As a RB, Ballage's career will live or die by his first step. If he can get out of the hole quick enough, he has the ability to be all-time something or other. Everything else he does is a gift from God. But if he can't show quickness at snap, everything else he does will be seriously downgraded.

We'll see. Certainly haven't seen a guy like that at ASU in a long time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard