K9's First Round Projection and Three Round Cards Mock

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with this. You are talking about a very small amount of snaps per game and I am sure we are willing to give up a little bit of coverage on those handful of snaps if we are getting an athletic and physical edge rusher. The last thing the Cardinals should be worried about when looking for an edge rusher is their coverage abilities.

That's what we lose with Mr. Ego Karlos Dansby going to Cleveland. Our MLB's were the guys in coverage not our OLB's.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Lets face it depending on the outcome of Washington's sentence, that could affect who the Cardinals draft in round one. They may also look to FA to fill that void. There are still many unanswered questions that will affect who that first choice is.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Barr is a better pass rusher than Ford, based on the fact that he brings more to the table and is still a developing, yet already great pass rusher.

Anthony Barr is one of the top ten players in this draft.

I agree with Krang, I believe Barr offers more options as a pass rusher than Ford.

Personally, I saw him vs. ASU and wasn't that impressed. He was OK.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Personally, I saw him vs. ASU and wasn't that impressed. He was OK.

That's partially because ASU got a huge lead and coasted for two quarters.

Barr is definitely a work in progress. He just has the frame to pack on good weight and not lose quickness. What I like about him too, is that he has the quickness to drop into coverage lanes, but the power to seal the edge.

Kony Ealy won't be as quick as Barr and I doubt he has the speed rush capability that Barr has, but he's more powerful. I think 3 years down the road Barr will be quite a bit better than Ealy.

I could see scenarios where Barr does fall because he's still a bit of a project, but I think his upside is huge, just short of Khalil Mack and Clowney. It's rare to see three great pass rush prospects like this in one draft and luckily for us, it's keeping guys like Ealy and Dee Ford down a bit from moving into the top 15 prospects.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lets face it depending on the outcome of Washington's sentence, that could affect who the Cardinals draft in round one. They may also look to FA to fill that void. There are still many unanswered questions that will affect who that first choice is.

I doubt Keim blinks and drafts Moseley in the first round, but stranger things have happened.

Moseley is a great prospect but it would be folly to invest so much into the ILB position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison