K1 shines again

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I guarantee you if Rosen was still here and he put up stats like Murray did Sunday (150 yds. on 24 completions) he would be getting ripped for such a low yards per completion and been called Captain Checkdown. It's just the nature of the beast.

An interesting stat is Rosen in 14 games in 2018 had one 4th quarter comeback and 2 game winning drives. Would anyone like to guess how many Murray has so far this season in 11 games? It would be one 4th quarter comeback and 2 game winning drives. Murray is on pace to be sacked just a many times in 14 games as Rosen was in 2018, 45 times even though Rosen had a front five of guys who started the season selling insurance or cars and Murray has had the same front five with the exception of RT this season. The WR corps for Rosen were just as bad if not worse than what Murray has this season. Both have won 3 games.

Murray is having a nice season to date, no doubt about it. I'm also not saying Rosen is a better QB than Murray. The reality is both have had similar results when it comes to wins and loses. In the NFL, all that matters in the end is wins and loses. Wins get you in the playoffs, stats get you in the pro bowl.
Would he also have the passing TDs, rushing yards and TD and zero turnovers that Kyler had? If so I doubt anyone would be saying anything very negative about his game as a whole.

You might want to look a little deeper into the sack numbers. Kyler already has just as many pass attempts as Rosen last year (exactly 393 for both) and 10 less sacks than Rosen in the process. Also Kyler was sacked 20 times in his first 4 games and only 15 times in the 7 games since. Therefore any sort of "pace" that he is on is very flawed as the average has gone down significantly since the start of the season.

As to the wins comment. I don't disagree that wins are the most important stat for an NFL team, but is not the greatest metric to use when comparing rookie QBs. I mean Peyton Manning was 3-13 as a rookie and I think we would all agree that he was both a REALLY good NFL prospect when he was drafted and ended up being one of the greatest QBs of all time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's actually playing pretty well considering the circumstances.
For 1 game against the Cowboys.

Legitimately horrible against everyone else.

They played a lot better with Fitz as evidence by the wins & competitiveness.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Despite another disappointing loss, at least it's nice to have a young franchise QB in Arizona.

Although it does appear that the losses are starting to get to him a bit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The ball is now in SK's court to build a team around this young star. Can he do it? I sure hope so.
unless he gets another DUI or something stupid of that nature, he isn't going anywhere? Idk why people keep assuming he will get fired? I keep saying it, no matter how much dead cap money hell he's put us in or how many bad draft picks he's made, he's buddies with MB. Just watching MB & SK together in the war room during the draft & seeing their press conferences together, it's plain obvious to me. MB leans on every word of SK, trusts his decisions & accepts his mistakes, even makes excuses for them when they don't work out. SK got the HC & QB right this time, even part of the OL. Got the OL coach right. Now it's time to fix this defense & I'm sure he can see this, even a blind man could so how could he not lol? Question is, what will get fixed? The DC? Maybe a new one? He will most definitely add some talent to the defense but to our liking as fans? Time will tell but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon imo so we gotta just ride this out & see what he does to fix it?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots to pay for there. You're looking at least 7-8 additions or re-signed players to be starters alone.
it will definitely be an interesting off-season Solar 7. After the next 5 games I'll start getting pumped for March & the FA period to start, then a month later the draft. You never know about SK decisions but I truely believe he will put a while lot of effort into fixing this defense. I'm quite sure he's frustrated with the defense not being able to stop anyone. Especially when his most important hire & draft pick are working out & putting us in winning game situations. Only to be let down by the defense time after time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler will be on his way to superstar status sooner rather than later.
I disagree but more because superstar QBs are all supported by their organization to get to that point. Most of that support is through offensive stability and personnel to support them. I am not confident that we have the ability to get Murray the personnel support he will need.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree but more because superstar QBs are all supported by their organization to get to that point. Most of that support is through offensive stability and personnel to support them. I am not confident that we have the ability to get Murray the personnel support he will need.

I agree that the Cardinal organization will have to step up now with Murray on board. K1 has "superstar" ability, and he'll only be happy if this franchise is competing for championships. The Bidwill's have really never been in this position before. If they refuse to do everything necessary to build a championship team, Murray will eventually force his way out of AZ & win championships elsewhere. The onus is on the Bidwills. Most of us that have been around for a while have true reservations as to whether this ownership team has the ability to produce consistent, championship driven teams. With Murray here, we have the most important position in any sport in place. Let's see what happens.