Justin Pugh tore his MCL, headed to IR

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering his contract when can they cut him without losing lot of money?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Like BA said yesterday: “You can’t question Rosen’s toughness.” He is going to need it behind these clowns. I am worried about him getting hurt and picking up bad habits with his footwork because he is being lit up like a Christmas tree

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How long does it take for an MCL injury to heal? Could he be back for training camp next season?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our O line doesn't suck. It's on IR. Our backups are backups. What else do you expect of them?

Honestly I've never heard of a team with so many season ending OL injuries year after year. It's incredible. Last season Shipley was our only starter to survive the season. Year before that was a disaster too, and that's primarily what took a 13-3 team to a .500 team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oft-injured free agent acquisition suffers injury. Shocking.

Just as shocking as washed up RT who lost his job for the Bengals ends up being washed up RT for us.

Outside of snookering the Raiders to move up 5 picks (and who doesn't snooker the Raiders outside the Cowboys), last off-season was as disastrous from a decision making perspective from any GM we've ever had.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our O line doesn't suck. It's on IR. Our backups are backups. What else do you expect of them?

Honestly I've never heard of a team with so many season ending OL injuries year after year. It's incredible. Last season Shipley was our only starter to survive the season. Year before that was a disaster too, and that's primarily what took a 13-3 team to a .500 team.
Draft and sign guys with injuries, get what you should expect.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry but this just doesn't make any sense. When you depend on guys who are perenially injured or suck, you don't get to use injuries or the fact that they suck as excuses for why they suck.

They REPEATEDLY depend on chronically injured players. It's a miracle of modern medicine at this point that Humphries is even still upright considering the amount of time he's spent in the infirmary in recent years. Pugh has been chronically injured for three years. Iupati has been injured for years. Smith has sucked for year. When that's four of your five starters, you don't get to play the injury card. That's ignoring the reality of who those guys are and have been.

And our O-line sucked from Day 1 of the season.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like BA said yesterday: “You can’t question Rosen’s toughness.” He is going to need it behind these clowns. I am worried about him getting hurt and picking up bad habits with his footwork because he is being lit up like a Christmas tree

Holy sweet Geez. Did B A quit or was he forced out the door? He was bad broadcasting during that game. Insight is one thing. Noise clutter and bashing is another.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because BA said that "Rosen is tough"?
Like BA said yesterday: “You can’t question Rosen’s toughness.” He is going to need it behind these clowns. I am worried about him getting hurt and picking up bad habits with his footwork because he is being lit up like a Christmas tree.

I bolded it in my post.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like BA said yesterday: “You can’t question Rosen’s toughness.” He is going to need it behind these clowns. I am worried about him getting hurt and picking up bad habits with his footwork because he is being lit up like a Christmas tree.

I bolded it in my post.

BA didn't say that. That wasn't part of the quote. That was Timm's commentary.

Look at what is in the quotation marks (" ")

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What I find odd is that people rip Pugh for being injury prone and yet some slobbered over a very average injury prone Matthieu.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What I find odd is that people rip Pugh for being injury prone and yet some slobbered over a very average injury prone Matthieu.
No one should rip Pugh for it. The front office should be ripped for ignorantly investing a ton of money in a player whose body has struggled to handle the professional game.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2 player earlier he was screaming at a D lineman....looked like they planned on crack blocking Pugh to 'get him back'

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave