Justin Blackmon arrested for aggravated DUI

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Blackmon is an idiot. Could have hurt or killed himself or others. These guys (multiple offenders/extreme DUI) just don't care.

I don't know if it's that they just don't care or that they're so cocky & arrogant that they can't accept that they're impaired and need someone's help to get home.

They should make him spend a month in jail, take his license away for a year and suspend him without pay for 2-4 NFL games... then he might "care".

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's that they just don't care or that they're so cocky & arrogant that they can't accept that they're impaired and need someone's help to get home.

They should make him spend a month in jail, take his license away for a year and suspend him without pay for 2-4 NFL games... then he might "care".

I understand what you're saying but these guys don't just wake up drunk. At some point, they make a decision to consume alcohol. I agree with BIM, they don't care.

Steve

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Forget placing the writeup on Floyd's locker, put it on everyone's locker. "There but for the grace of God, goes me".

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You think Blackmon is a dunce? Well it gets worse.

4. I think the first thing every NFL player should know is that most teams -- and perhaps all by now -- have programs that allow players access to rides 24 hours a day if they feel they're too impaired to drive. I remember Carmen Policy and the Browns putting this program in place when they took over the operation of the new Cleveland team in 1999, his reasoning being that there should never be an excuse for players to drive while impaired. And the Jaguars have this program in place too.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/06/03/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1wqkQ9OuO

Money is not even a question here. This is a free service the players get, they just have to pick up a phone and call.

Unreal.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree, there's tons to do in AZ, more so than a lot of other states. We have a myriad of hiking trails, lakes/rivers, race tracks, dirt bike trails, mountain climbing, pool parties, club nightlife/hot girls everywhere, tons of great restaurants and the list keeps going. Bodha must need to get out more lol

Huh? I would find it very hard to believe that anyone who had been to or lived in other cities or states, would then draw that conclusion... The "reality" is that there are WAY more things to do for young guys here in AZ than just about any other state I have been to... Of all places, Floyd should find a huge amount of activities to keep him away from the club scene here in AZ.

Poor people activities

All that stuff is fun for us, but we arent millionaires. Also, Floyd isnt from AZ. How many of those can he participate in, for at least the next 6 months, while he gets used to the heat?

Dude went to Notre Dame where the avg temp is 4. Hey mike, want to go hiking in the middle of June?

My comment stands.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody needs to get a clip of the OK Newspaper article reporting this and tape it to Floyds locker.

I like Floyd but im counting the days till he gets arrested out front of some club in Scottsdale. Reality is AZ is boring for a young guy and drinking is a fun alternative.

Stuff like that effects cards players much moreso than Lions or Jags. Whiz benches guys who cant get their act together, regardless of talent.

This helps Mike. Helps him refocus in case he was slipping at all.

I grew up in Detroit....The only thing to do there at night is to NOT get shot. Exciting....maybe.... But I can live without that excitement.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor people activities

All that stuff is fun for us, but we arent millionaires. Also, Floyd isnt from AZ. How many of those can he participate in, for at least the next 6 months, while he gets used to the heat?

Dude went to Notre Dame where the avg temp is 4. Hey mike, want to go hiking in the middle of June?

My comment stands.

Your not a seasoned arizonan apparently.

You are 2 hours away from some of the worlds coolest hiking trails in 75 degree weather.

Poor people go to lakes? So all those 6 figure boats I was watching fly across saguaro yesterday were poor people?

Scottsdale clubs with 15$ beers are for poor people?

Gimme a break, AZ has more to do than 80% of this country.

PAyson, prescott, flagstaff and more are a good 2 hours away w tons to do. If no time for it, go clubbin in scottsdale. Dumb blanket statement.

Beyond that we are talking OKLAHOMA HERE!!!! are you seriously saying there is more to do near notre dame or in oklahoma? because there isnt.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor people activities

My comment stands.

Ignoring whether there are or are not things to do in Phoenix (despite the presence of one of the top "party campuses" in the nation), your point is flawed. Living in a city like Miami, LA or New York somehow discourages drinking in your mind? The draw of those places for a young man is because there are SO MANY options to go party and drink at! New York only escapes the DUI troubles because there is no where to park so people have to take cabs, but that still didnt stop Plax from going out to party and shooting himself in the leg.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think Blackmon is a dunce? Well it gets worse.

4. I think the first thing every NFL player should know is that most teams -- and perhaps all by now -- have programs that allow players access to rides 24 hours a day if they feel they're too impaired to drive. I remember Carmen Policy and the Browns putting this program in place when they took over the operation of the new Cleveland team in 1999, his reasoning being that there should never be an excuse for players to drive while impaired. And the Jaguars have this program in place too.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/06/03/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1wqkQ9OuO

Money is not even a question here. This is a free service the players get, they just have to pick up a phone and call.

Unreal.

Once again, there is nothing that seperates them from the average moron who goes out and gets drunk behind the wheel. I'd imagine almost everyone has a friend or relative that they could call if they're too drunk to drive. But no matter how much money they have or how pampered they are it does not make them smarter than the average drunk driving dummy.

I've seen drunks literally fighting with a sober friend who is attempting to take their keys and give them a ride home but the dumb drunk is too drunk to realize they are drunk.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Poor people activities

My comment stands.
Poor ppl activities? It's the exact same concept except super rich ppl buy luxurious things to do the exact same activities. You can practically do anything in AZ, the only thing we don't have is an ocean, but that's only a 30 min flight away. And FYI, John Lott takes Cards players to camelback mtn for training -- so I guess they're poor. Paradise Valley is one of the richest places in the country, so AZ knows how to do "rich activities".

Especially coming from Indiana, Floyd should be overwhelmed with the amount of things to do here. You just need to get out more...

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Poor people activities

My comment stands.
really?

What is there to do anywhere that you can't do in AZ. Aside from the beach of course. AZ has some waterparks that are a blast during the day, maybe juvenile, but fun. We have some of the best golfing. Party on the lakes. Pool parties in old town. There is A LOT to do

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow Blackman was put ahead of Floyd in the Draft because of his good character. He befriended that 9 year old cancer girl or someone and people said that's why he's better than Floyd. So much for that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards had Floyd ahead of Blackmon on their Draft board.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Somebody needs to get a clip of the OK Newspaper article reporting this and tape it to Floyds locker.

I like Floyd but im counting the days till he gets arrested out front of some club in Scottsdale. Reality is AZ is boring for a young guy and drinking is a fun alternative.

Stuff like that effects cards players much moreso than Lions or Jags. Whiz benches guys who cant get their act together, regardless of talent.

This helps Mike. Helps him refocus in case he was slipping at all.

Uhm...most outgoing people in their early 20's like the club scene and newly wealthy, young athletes are no different. They go out there because that is what they WANT to do, not because there's nothing else to do.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All yall should stop listing "clubbing" as one of the things to do. My point was drinking AKA going out/clubbing is the only thing to do for rich, young guys.

So you guys go out to Tempe and party, but dont drink? what the hell is the topic of this thread?

So that leaves everything else, basically, nothing but outdoors activities, which I say again, is not suitable for a guy whos coming from South Bend where the high is averaged around 80. Its 80 at night in AZ. You dont understand because youve lived here your entire life, people not from AZ feel the heat 100% worse than we do. It will take time until hes used to the heat. And running around outside at practice all day, you think hes going to want to go hike or golf in the sun afterwards? No. So that limits his activity options.

Poor ppl activities? It's the exact same concept except super rich ppl buy luxurious things to do the exact same activities. You can practically do anything in AZ, the only thing we don't have is an ocean, but that's only a 30 min flight away. And FYI, John Lott takes Cards players to camelback mtn for training -- so I guess they're poor. Paradise Valley is one of the richest places in the country, so AZ knows how to do "rich activities".

Key in that thought: "TAKES" them there.

Like the rich people in PV reference. Except for the fact they are all 50+ and white.

Especially coming from Indiana, Floyd should be overwhelmed with the amount of things to do here. You just need to get out more...

He drank in Indiana. Thats what we're talking about now. Decisions as they relate to how many good distractions there are.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All yall should stop listing "clubbing" as one of the things to do. My point was drinking AKA going out/clubbing is the only thing to do for rich, young guys.

So you guys go out to Tempe and party, but dont drink? what the hell is the topic of this thread?

So that leaves everything else, basically, nothing but outdoors activities, which I say again, is not suitable for a guy whos coming from South Bend where the high is averaged around 80. Its 80 at night in AZ. You dont understand because youve lived here your entire life, people not from AZ feel the heat 100% worse than we do. It will take time until hes used to the heat. And running around outside at practice all day, you think hes going to want to go hike or golf in the sun afterwards? No. So that limits his activity options.

Like the rich people in PV reference. Except for the fact they are all 50+ and white.

He drank in Indiana. Thats what we're talking about now. Decisions as they relate to how many good distractions there are.

So... young guys like to club, and you admit they can do this in Arizona as easily as anywhere, but you knock Arizona for not having things to do and causing players to drink... despite is wealth of other things to do.

Earlier you listed places like New York, Miami and LA as being better options for someone who wants to avoid drinking and is young... what do you think young rich guys do in those places exactly? Disneyland? The Lion King on Broadway?

These guys who want to go get bombed are going to get bombed ANYWHERE, and to somehow blame Arizona having "nothing to do" is a complete crock.

Last edited:

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

so how do any of our young new players stay out of trouble? I'm curious to hear your better options in cities like LA or NY...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
People are diving in way too deep in this thread. The guy went out and got hammered. Should have gotten a ride home, didn't, got caught. The same thing happens millions of times every night everywhere throughout the country. He just happens to be a 1st round draft pick.

Hell, 2 OSU football players are in the news because they got caught peeing outside a bar by the Memorial Tournament the other night. I mean do we really care that 2 guys were peeing outside a bar? Or is that something rare? You know Duckjake pees on the golf course every time he plays. Is that newsworthy :D ?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
People are diving in way too deep in this thread. The guy went out and got hammered. Should have gotten a ride home, didn't, got caught. The same thing happens millions of times every night everywhere throughout the country. He just happens to be a 1st round draft pick.

Hell, 2 OSU football players are in the news because they got caught peeing outside a bar by the Memorial Tournament the other night. I mean do we really care that 2 guys were peeing outside a bar? Or is that something rare? You know Duckjake pees on the golf course every time he plays. Is that newsworthy :D ?

That's why my motto is never have a woman in your foursome. :p

Speaking of golf and Arizona. I used to go out there all the time in September. We'd play golf every day but Sunday. And on Sunday we'd tailgate in the parking lot for 4 hours before the game. So I disagree that visitors feel the heat more than locals. It's the locals that never go outside. In all the years I've been playing golf in the AZ I've never once seen anyone actually using their swimming pool.

What do you mean I don't count? Just because its usually 95 degrees with 80% humidity in Austin the day I leave for PHX?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Drinking and clubbing is the only thing to do for young guys? Silly.
All people do in Miami is club. You really make no sence on this subject.

Lots of people party in tempe without drinking, sure. People also party there with drinking. Tempe is like a MINI Miami. There is a ton to do here, you just live under a rock.

What does PV being white have to do with anything? You are 100% off the mark and every single reply has been that there is a ton to do here yet you still stick to your guns of "there is nothing to do in AZ except drink"

Dont be so silly. Young guys dont like to do things like party on boats, go to sporting events or hang out in Fitz giant house and play xbox they just want to binge drink at clubs 24/7

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why my motto is never have a woman in your foursome. :p

Speaking of golf and Arizona. I used to go out there all the time in September. We'd play golf every day but Sunday. And on Sunday we'd tailgate in the parking lot for 4 hours before the game. So I disagree that visitors feel the heat more than locals. It's the locals that never go outside. In all the years I've been playing golf in the AZ I've never once seen anyone actually using their swimming pool.

What do you mean I don't count? Just because its usually 95 degrees with 80% humidity in Austin the day I leave for PHX?

This.

People come here and are amazed that it is sunny, not raining and not miserable and go outside more than I do.

I love when it rains and out of staters hate it. Poeple move here FOR the sun.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So... young guys like to club, and you admit they can do this in Arizona as easily as anywhere, but you knock Arizona for not having things to do and causing players to drink... despite is wealth of other things to do.

Earlier you listed places like New York, Miami and LA as being better options for someone who wants to avoid drinking and is young... what do you think young rich guys do in those places exactly? Disneyland? The Lion King on Broadway?

These guys who want to go get bombed are going to get bombed ANYWHERE, and to somehow blame Arizona having "nothing to do" is a complete crock.

so how do any of our young new players stay out of trouble? I'm curious to hear your better options in cities like LA or NY...

Whys this going over your heads everytime?

Weve established the activity options are: Clubbing/Drink, or Stay in (not drink), or ton of fun outdoor activities.

This applies everywhere. Any city. Whats special about AZ?

Its gets to 110 degrees, thats what. Its hot as balls here. Mike is coming from South Bend (aka pretty cold most of the time).

Therefore, you can scratch OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES off the list.

That leaves: Stay in (not drink), or Go Clubbing/ Drink.

and 1.

What does PV being white have to do with anything?

Has everything to do with it. You think old white folk and young black folk have the same culture?

child please.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Weve established the activity options are: Clubbing/Drink, or Stay in (not drink), or ton of fun outdoor activities.

Its gets to 110 degrees, thats what. Its hot as balls here. Mike is coming from South Bend (aka pretty cold most of the time).

and 1.

Has everything to do with it. You think old white folk and young black folk have the same culture?

child please.

Because you are the one who made it seem as though New York and Miami were destinations for someone to AVOID drinking! I asked you specifically what you think young guys with money do in those places? They drink! New York, Miami, LA, those are big time places to be if you're young, rich and want to get wasted. You make it sound as though those cities are chaste. And especially at 2:30AM... whats he doing in New York in the wee hours of the morning that he wouldnt be doing in Oklahoma... going to a mid-night showing of Cats?

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

and 1.

child please.
I never said we were "special". But I don't think there's much better to do in any other city. And I've been to most of em as a young man...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is insanity. OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES is why people live in Arizona.

It's okay to admit you didn't think things through when you first posted. It happens to all of us. But as the saying goes, when you find yourself in a hole: stop digging.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard