Josh Allen improvement...

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
The improvement Allen made from his rookie season to the QB we saw last night is phenomenal. Since the Bills were my team in the early 90's (until my AZ. buddies talked me into being a Cards fan) I keep one eye on them from afar. Thought for sure he was a bust. What impressive growth from him since his rookie season. My question is, can KM become an elite QB at his size if he puts the work in (film study, QB coach, etc.) or does his size limit how good he can become. From MVP candidate through 8 games to laughing stock by seasons end. That's got to light a fire in someones belly, doesn't it????

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He absolutely can! We've seen what he can do when he's on. The question is IF he'll do that. If he does, he has a shot to be a special QB. If he doesn't, he'll be worthless as a QB because he'll get you nowhere in the playoffs and won't even often get you there. It's up to the kid: mature and do the right things or remain arrogant and not progress--or regress.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The improvement Allen made from his rookie season to the QB we saw last night is phenomenal. Since the Bills were my team in the early 90's (until my AZ. buddies talked me into being a Cards fan) I keep one eye on them from afar. Thought for sure he was a bust. What impressive growth from him since his rookie season. My question is, can KM become an elite QB at his size if he puts the work in (film study, QB coach, etc.) or does his size limit how good he can become. From MVP candidate through 8 games to laughing stock by seasons end. That's got to light a fire in someones belly, doesn't it????
I‘m from upstate NY & have followed the Bills for as long as I have followed the Cardinals (58 years). This isn’t even remotely about Allen out working Murray. This is more about the Bills organization top to bottom being EXTREMELY better than the Cardinal organization. The Bills started building this team under new ownership the day that Allen walked into their building. He has FAR more weapons around him on BOTH sides of the ball. If Murray were in Buffalo & Allen was in AZ, then nothing would change. The Bills under Murray would be battling for a Championship, and the Cardinals under Allen would still be a joke franchise. If Murray were smart, he wouldn’t even attempt to negotiate a 2nd contract with the Bidwills. If I were his agent, I would already be looking at free agency. And when he goes elsewhere & wins big, people on this board will crap themselves.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I‘m from upstate NY & have followed the Bills for as long as I have followed the Cardinals (58 years). This isn’t even remotely about Allen out working Murray. This is more about the Bills organization top to bottom being EXTREMELY better than the Cardinal organization. The Bills started building this team under new ownership the day that Allen walked into their building. He has FAR more weapons around him on BOTH sides of the ball. If Murray were in Buffalo & Allen was in AZ, then nothing would change. The Bills under Murray would be battling for a Championship, and the Cardinals under Allen would still be a joke franchise. If Murray were smart, he wouldn’t even attempt to negotiate a 2nd contract with the Bidwills. If I were his agent, I would already be looking at free agency. And when he goes elsewhere & wins big, people on this board will crap themselves.
Disagree with this. I would put our offensive personnel up against Buffalo all day.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He absolutely can! We've seen what he can do when he's on. The question is IF he'll do that. If he does, he has a shot to be a special QB. If he doesn't, he'll be worthless as a QB because he'll get you nowhere in the playoffs and won't even often get you there. It's up to the kid: mature and do the right things or remain arrogant and not progress--or regress.
I don't see it happening... I think the horror we witnessed in L.A. last Monday night doesn't happen to QB's who have the potential to reach levels Allen and others have reached.
A full-on 60 minute playoff arse-beating like that is very, very rare. It highlighted all of the shortcomings (no pun intended) with Kyler, both physical and mental. I don't see Kyler ever, reaching a level anywhere close to Allen...

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
No. KM is exactly what you have seen over the past 4 years. KM has not shown improvement even close to Josh Allen. KM hasn't even showed the leadership that Joe Burrows a rookie has. As I stated a couple years ago KM is not a leader, will always be injured and will not take this team anywhere.

Sure give KM one more year before any contract extension. Waste of a year but who else do you have? Get rid of Kiff but he will be kept. But for gods sake get rid of Keim immediately. Horrible drafts, Isabella is a prime example. Poor job of building a team with depth. Year after year. No idea how he has kept his job.

Last edited:

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
No way. KM is not capable of side stepping a defender in the pocket and throwing the ball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No. KM is exactly what you have seen over the past 4 years. KM has not shown improvement even close to Josh Allen. KM hasn't even showed the leadership that Joe Burrows a rookie has. As I stated a couple years ago KM is not a leader, will always be injured and will not take this team anywhere.

Sure give KM one more year before any contract extension. Waste of a year but who else do you have? Get rid of Kiff but he will be kept. But for gods sake get rid of Keim immediately. Horrible drafts, Isabella is a prime example. Poor job of building a team with depth. Year after year. No idea how he has kept his job.
Well considering Murray just completed his THIRD season and Burroughs his SECOND season I’m questioning how much football you watch.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's funny. Maybe when we're 100% healthy, which we never are. Now, I do believe that KK's system & poor leadership add to our overall demise as a team.
And yet we were 2-1 with Colt McCoy who was without Deandre Hopkins. I argue there is a difference in losing competitively when you are missing key pieces vs being non-competitive. The system is solid. The open players that Kyler misses and the overall production are both proof of that. I am not absolving Kliff of potential leadership deficiencies but if Kyler is great, he wouldn't be so dependent on his head coach to carry that load.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
I watch very little NFL. When I do I see the same old KM. Running scared. Zero leadership. Seems a lot of posters see the same. Typo on the 4 year concerning KM. Meant going into his 4th year.

As for Burrow I read what the sports writers print. Burrows allegedly gave a great pre game speech. Had his team fired up. Year two he is playing to go to the Super Bowl. The exact opposite of KM. Seems to pout a lot.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watch very little NFL. When I do I see the same old KM. Running scared. Zero leadership. Seems a lot of posters see the same. Typo on the 4 year concerning KM. Meant going into his 4th year.

As for Burrow I read what the sports writers print. Burrows allegedly gave a great pre game speech. Had his team fired up. Year two he is playing to go to the Super Bowl. The exact opposite of KM. Seems to pout a lot.
KM was a front runner for MVP till his injury, Burrows never was talked of.
KM when his O-line holds is great, Burrows is great when his O-line holds.
KM wins low scoring games when his D stops the opponent, Burrows wins low scoring games when his D stops the opponent.

Sometimes the problem is deeper. But numberwise following young QB are all in the same area: Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, Murray, Watson(if he ever plays again).

Is Murray a bust? No. Is there still much room and much improvement possible? Yes and that just by basics and video studying.

But clearly Murray had a bad day, that can happen, Brady had statistically a worse day, Rodgers even worse.

Should Murray stfo and put in more work? yes. Is his O-line and DC suspect? Yes at times.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
KM was a front runner for MVP till his injury, Burrows never was talked of.
KM when his O-line holds is great, Burrows is great when his O-line holds.
KM wins low scoring games when his D stops the opponent, Burrows wins low scoring games when his D stops the opponent.

Sometimes the problem is deeper. But numberwise following young QB are all in the same area: Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, Murray, Watson(if he ever plays again).

Is Murray a bust? No. Is there still much room and much improvement possible? Yes and that just by basics and video studying.

But clearly Murray had a bad day, that can happen, Brady had statistically a worse day, Rodgers even worse.

Should Murray stfo and put in more work? yes. Is his O-line and DC suspect? Yes at times.
Dude, KM didn't have a bad day--bad isn't nearly enough of an adjective to describe it, either--he had a bad final stretch of the season. The early numbers don't mean jack when you factor that in. He's nothing more than a front runner at this point. To compare him to Burrows right now is laughable.