Johnny Football

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Johnny is able to take a season of being trashed with NFL collisions and have as we call in the South a "a come to Jesus meeting" and walks away humbled, he will have a Plummer like career because of the dire situation in Cleveland. I think he went to the wrong franchise to succeed. It stinks for the Cleveland fans because they are great fans and he will tease them then like Plummer did but never get them to the big dance lol

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Bridgewater kick your dog or take your cookie?

Nope. I don't think he lives up to the hype and neither did 31 teams.

His minuses outweigh his positives.

1. Small Stature
2. Mediocre arm
3. Played in a very weak conference
4. Has never been under the tutelage of "good" QB/OC coaching

Does not make my toes tingle.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. I don't think he lives up to the hype and neither did 31 teams.

His minuses outweigh his positives.

1. Small Stature
2. Mediocre arm
3. Played in a very weak conference
4. Has never been under the tutelage of "good" QB/OC coaching

Does not make my toes tingle.

1.6`2 214 is not small stature.He`s plenty tough.A little weight room won`t hurt.

2.Above average arm
3.Tell that to mighty #4 ranked Florida and Miami.
4.Pro Coaching will help.That goes for ALL DRAFTEES.
Bridgewater played for Charlie Strong who Louisville fans will tell you went conservative most of a time with a lead.Coach Strong played it safe.

Bortles played in the same Conference,Carr played in mountain West so what`s the difference ?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think he will succeed. I think his downfall is being drafted by the Browns. A team that hasn't had any real success in 20+ years. I think he has the tools, just got the unfortunate luck to be drafted by the Browns.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1.6`2 214 is not small stature.He`s plenty tough.A little weight room won`t hurt.

2.Above average arm
3.Tell that to mighty #4 ranked Florida and Miami.
4.Pro Coaching will help.That goes for ALL DRAFTEES.
Bridgewater played for Charlie Strong who Louisville fans will tell you went conservative most of a time with a lead.Coach Strong played it safe.

Bortles played in the same Conference,Carr played in mountain West so what`s the difference ?

I appreciate your loyalty to Bridgewater.

BTW. Miami and Florida are train wrecks and were when he faced them. Have you figured out why he was passed on by 31 teams? Not trying to argue, but there seemed to be a consensus. Draft analysts and TV personalities make a living off of player interviews. A player would have to be a baby killer to get a bad read by one of these guys. BTW, Mayock, his biggest fan pre draft, was very quiet while Teddy was dropping. The real test is GMs, scouts, coaches.

In the media he went from a lock #1 pick to a last gasp 1st rounder on draft day . I thought he was a 2nd rounder all along . The NFC North requires strong armed QBs ( Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford ) to play in December. Spielman was just being Spielman. Norv Turner has his work cut out for him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I appreciate your loyalty to Bridgewater.

BTW. Miami and Florida are train wrecks and were when he faced them. Have you figured out why he was passed on by 31 teams? Not trying to argue, but there seemed to be a consensus. Draft analysts and TV personalities make a living off of player interviews. A player would have to be a baby killer to get a bad read by one of these guys. BTW, Mayock, his biggest fan pre draft, was very quiet while Teddy was dropping. The real test is GMs, scouts, coaches.

In the media he went from a lock #1 pick to a last gasp 1st rounder on draft day . I thought he was a 2nd rounder all along . The NFC North requires strong armed QBs ( Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford ) to play in December. Spielman was just being Spielman. Norv Turner has his work cut out for him.

Florida was the #4 ranked team when Bridgewater faced them and only a diehard SEC apologist or Kirk Herbstreit would deny that.Herbstreit later said UL kicked ass.Obviously Vikings decided he was good enough to do the job and Head coach agreed.EVERY prospect has some warts to be improved upon.Bridgewater has the smarts,reads defenses,is accurate and mobile enough to keep the play going.He`s not a statue in the pocket.How many teams picked Manziel? ONE.Even Jerry Jones the biggest ******* in the NFL passed on JM.31 passed on both guys but 1 team did not.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His sister is kind of hot. Unfortunately, you can see a little Johnny in here and that ruines it for me.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A Reason to Root for JFF

During one of the many pre-draft shows there was a discussion about the Cowboys and specifically Jerry Jones. They revealed that management, coaches, etc. had persuaded Jerry to back off the offensive/flashy types and work to solidify their putrid defense.

When the Cowboys were up I was sure that JFF was going to Dallas, just because Jerry likes to be the splash guy. He took their advice and passed.

Now considering that Cleveland's success in no way impacts ours I say let JFF rip it up and make Jerry regret for the rest of his life passing on this kid.

So if you're a Cowboy hater like myself root like crazy for JFF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard