Johnny Football

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call it now:

In 4 years, JFF will stand for Johnny Flag Football. Sooner than that, it will be Johnny Effing Fumble.

Johnny Freefall?

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I call it now:

In 4 years, JFF will stand for Johnny Flag Football. Sooner than that, it will be Johnny Effing Fumble.

Johnny Freefall?

Johny Freaking Failure.

Then the Cleveland Browns become the LA Terminators (in honor of the governator) and win the Superbowl. Crushing the city of Cleveland once again.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He wont be out of the league becuase of fumbles. Hands are HUGE. He will by out of the league because he was running around like a mad man allowing Ngata and Suggs to take free shots on him.

IF he learns to slide I think he has a Plummer like career. One week you want to buy 5 of his jerseys, the next week you want to burn them on his lawn.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really see him being a very good to elite QB in the NFL

He may be average to good.

I may have to eat these words, but I have the similar feeling I had with Vince Young and Matt Leinart

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not drafting him or Bridgewater was a mistake in my opinion. Potential QB of future vs. a strong safety is a no brainer in my opinion. We shall see.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call it now:

Johnny Freefall?

I'll find this thread to be impressive only if you are wrong and then bump it in 2018.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not drafting him or Bridgewater was a mistake in my opinion. Potential QB of future vs. a strong safety is a no brainer in my opinion. We shall see.
I would like to of gotten Bridgewater if he fell to us in the 2nd. I think his problems were with the gloves and not wearing them for his pro day.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe he will be successful. He is smart and will adapt to the pro game. The fact that he fell in the draft will help. He will be on the highlights every week.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd agree if it was a probable QB of the future vs a strong safety but I think the two we passed on fall more in the long-shot QB of the future. If we can protect Palmer he should have a couple more decent years in him so we still have some time to find that next guy. Maybe we grab our project in the third round if Garoppolo or Savage (or even Carr) are still around and they fit an Arians style offense far better than Johnny does.

Steve

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Billick last night that said Only about 25% of the throws Flag Football made in college translate to the NFL. Doh!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liked his interviews last night. Sounds smart, insightful and confident. He will make people ask.... Russell who.

Dude's got sizzle and substance. Should have gone to the Jets.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Billick last night that said Only about 25% of the throws Flag Football made in college translate to the NFL. Doh!

Billick? The man time and the NFL has forgotten?

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liked his interviews last night. Sounds smart, insightful and confident. He will make people ask.... Russell who.

Dude's got sizzle and substance. Should have gone to the Jets.

Ty Detmer!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are plenty of QB's available. Carr, Savage, Mettenberger, McCarron, Murray, the latter 3 are projected 4th rounders and even Tajh Boyd in the late rounds. There are decent QB's to choose from.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing against JFF at all.I question if his game will work in the NFL.If he gets bottled up in the pocket will he be able to succeed in that role?The kid is a hard worker supposedly and has guts but the very skill that made him a RD1 guy will probably be the 1st thing Coaches will change..Trying to turn a sandlot QB into a pocket passer?

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing against JFF at all.I question if his game will work in the NFL.If he gets bottled up in the pocket will he be able to succeed in that role?The kid is a hard worker supposedly and has guts but the very skill that made him a RD1 guy will probably be the 1st thing Coaches will change..Trying to turn a sandlot QB into a pocket passer?

Agree. He made some great plays in college, that seem like plays/throws that almost never work in the NFL.