JJ Watt

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I won't complain if they resign him. He's a proper football player.
Sadly I agree. He was worth the risk when it looked like the Cards were playoff bound. It’s hard to imagine they can fix the majority of their deficits even if they change coaches. If he took a 1 year deal, maybe. However, my guess is he gets a much better offer from a legitimate contender.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sadly I agree. He was worth the risk when it looked like the Cards were playoff bound. It’s hard to imagine they can fix the majority of their deficits even if they change coaches. If he took a 1 year deal, maybe. However, my guess is he gets a much better offer from a legitimate contender.

All true, and we are probably in a position to draft an heir apparent come April.

I'd spend relatively scarce FA dollars on wrapping up Allen.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
JJ seemed corny as a Texan, but he walked the walk and seems genuine. He owned the failure of last year, and showed more heart and fight than the rest of the team combined. (yeah yeah, excluding Budda)

A warrior who fought through a gruesome shoulder injury and afib, and who actually brought some swag to our D for that glorious start of 2021.

Another giant hole to fill.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
All true, and we are probably in a position to draft an heir apparent come April.

I'd spend relatively scarce FA dollars on wrapping up Allen.
I would not spend scarce FA dollars on Allen, I would go further and spend a respectable amount because you need guys like Allen to compliment the studs when you have a good DL and stop this damn process of filling holes. Our main problem is letting young talent leave. You keep Allen unless he asks for insane money, and that goes for Murphy too

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not spend scarce FA dollars on Allen, I would go further and spend a respectable amount because you need guys like Allen to compliment the studs when you have a good DL and stop this damn process of filling holes. Our main problem is letting young talent leave. You keep Allen unless he asks for insane money, and that goes for Murphy too

I wonder if everyone is prepared for Allen getting paid at least $10m and likely $12m.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder if everyone is prepared for Allen getting paid at least $10m and likely $12m.
I know you think that this is a rare thing that happens in the NFL, but if the Cards had come to Allen's team this past summer and offering them $8 million per year and maybe $16 million guaranteed, it would look mighty tasty. Especially coming off an injury season his first couple of years in the league.

It's not like no one was saying this early in the year, either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was NOT worth the risk considering they decided to throw their pass rushing money at JJ instead of Reddick.

That move was stupid then and looks even worse now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know you think that this is a rare thing that happens in the NFL, but if the Cards had come to Allen's team this past summer and offering them $8 million per year and maybe $16 million guaranteed, it would look mighty tasty. Especially coming off an injury season his first couple of years in the league.

It's not like no one was saying this early in the year, either.

Who's to say they didn't?

Maybe they did and like every sane agent in the league they said "Nah you're OK. Foley Fatukasi and DJ Jones got paid $10m. I think we will wait and take $10m+ next year."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes and that is a pretty good number for him. He is a solid player at a key position and is 25. Pay him.

I agree. I'm just preempting the "I wouldn't pay him more than $6m" takes that we usually get.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose