JJ Watt

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you watch the film Jones wasn't doubled or chipped at all. In fact they blocked Jones with just a FB or TE a good part of the first half while Watt was the one who got Double teamed.

Here are a few examples.

2nd play of the second drive and Jones is completely ignored by the RT. Jones is then picked up by the FB who is able to wall him off from Cook one-on-one. Meanwhile Watt is getting double teamed.

You must be registered for see images attach

A few plays later on the TD:

Next Possession:

Next Play that drive:

Toward the end of the Half right before the field goal:

In the plays from this clip that were shown during the first half I don't recall seeing Jones doubled at all. He was maybe chipped once. Meanwhile Watt got doubled all the time.
So the takeaway is jones sucked yesterday? I’m not arguing, but if he wasn’t frequently doubled or chipped then he just kinda sucked.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So the takeaway is jones sucked yesterday? I’m not arguing, but if he wasn’t frequently doubled or chipped then he just kinda sucked.

Man it is so depressing to read your posts bro. Stuff like the above, and just arguing to death about Murray's 2nd int, like you really know where it would have gone if the defender hadn't made contact with him.

You and @Chopper just suck all the fun out of the room like a sponge. That's what you both are. Fun sponges.

That's why people rag on the darksiders player. State your negative opinion if you think you're "keeping it real", but don't drone on and on, endlessly.

People get sick of the negativity. Does that make sense?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love his pregame home game ritual.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man it is so depressing to read your posts bro. Stuff like the above, and just arguing to death about Murray's 2nd int, like you really know where it would have gone if the defender hadn't made contact with him.

You and @Chopper just suck all the fun out of the room like a sponge. That's what you both are. Fun sponges.

That's why people rag on the darksiders player. State your negative opinion if you think you're "keeping it real", but don't drone on and on, endlessly.

Dude I was legitimately asking a question. I didn’t focus on chandler jones yesterday. I read on here that he was doubled and chipped all day. Then I read he wasn’t. I’m looking for information. Was he great in game one and shut down on the pass rush in game 2. That simple. But go ahead and attack me - cool on you bro.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is an entire post just attacking two posters without talking football at all.

But it’s the posters you’re attacking that are the problem. Okay.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No. That sounds like a personal afront to two posters. Whom you call out just because you don’t like their opinion? This board is full of needed and wanted opinions on all sides. Could you please tone it down? It’s ok to disagree. But respect each other’s opinion. Not saying Im perfect I’m not. But we need to do better.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

The guy with "Dangerous Murray Zealot" sticks up for his man, very noble stuff Crimson!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

From what I saw the Vikes took Jones out of the game by pretty much ignoring him. They were running the ball so well in the first half that it took Jones best skills completely out of the game and Jones was a non factor stopping the run. When they did pass the ball they blocked Jones one on one and got the ball out quickly. Jones did have a QB pressure in the first half but Cousins stepped up, scrambled left and threw a TD to Jefferson on that play.

There were even a couple of plays where they didn't block Jones at all and he whiffed on a tackle of Cook.

Early in the Third Quarter, Chandler Jones was left unblocked on the backside:

Then Jones completely whiffing on Cook as he ran right by Jones for an easy first down:

Then again in the third the Vikings don't block Jones at all:

Jones who loses contain gets side stepped by Cook easily:

With the right side wide open now Cook gets an easy 8 yards:

Jones does finish strong with a couple more QB pressures. I think when the Cardinals went to a more 5 man front and started to slow Cook down, then Jones became a little more effective. However it wasn't Jones' best game that is for sure!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What you talking about? Attention hore? Really?
It's possible to like JJ Watt the player while also recognizing he's an attention *****. I haven't seen a player in town since Oubre who loves the camera more than JJ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard