Reaction score
All hail the Jimmer.

Steve Nash Part II.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's basically a scorer, can pass but not like Nash. He reminds me of World B Free in that he takes and makes more contested jumpshots than anybody around. He's got a remarkably quick release on his shot, and not a set shot a real rise up jumpshot. His ability to stop on a dime and go up is amazing.

I'm pulling for BYU all year because it's the only good win UCLA currently has so the better BYU does the more it helps the UCLA RPI.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a veritable unknown east of the Mississippi. I couldn't find that game anywhere on the Comcast lineup. He has the sweetest mid range jumper I have seen in years. Stop and pop. That is a lost art. Package that with Downtown Freddie Brown/Rick Barry range and he can score anywhere. Gotta love the scorers. The NCAA bracketing and seeding should get interesting. I hope he gets showcased.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a veritable unknown east of the Mississippi. I couldn't find that game anywhere on the Comcast lineup. He has the sweetest mid range jumper I have seen in years. Stop and pop. That is a lost art. Package that with Downtown Freddie Brown/Rick Barry range and he can score anywhere. Gotta love the scorers. The NCAA bracketing and seeding should get interesting. I hope he gets showcased.

I missed the first half girlfriend was watchign another show and we don't get CBS college in the other room. I figured I could find it on the internet but couldn't, which surprised me given it was 2 top 10 teams matching up.

BYU is #1 nationally in RPI and looking at their schedule they really only have the SDSU rematch, 2 games with New Mexico and 1 game left with UNLV looming as possible losses. I figure they win at least 3 of those, New Mexico is struggling so they might even beat them at UNM. So they might actually finish the year top 5 RPI.

I would imagine the NCAA will be looking at them and SDSW strongly, will be interesting to see if either of them can get the #1 seed out west, I kind of doubt it they'll move a team from back East into the West as the 1 seed I expect.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
The next game against sdsu is on national tv I believe. He is getting all kinds of love and hype on twitter from kevin durant, john wall, derek williams and nelly to name a few. Sportscenter is having a love fest with him too ever since the game last night as well so anyone who hadn't heard of him before has definitely heard of him now. Some of the shots he makes are ridiculous but he is pretty amazing and entertaining to watch play. It is fun to watch him play especially because of how depressing it has been watching the suns play.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the first half girlfriend was watchign another show and we don't get CBS college in the other room. I figured I could find it on the internet but couldn't, which surprised me given it was 2 top 10 teams matching up.

BYU is #1 nationally in RPI and looking at their schedule they really only have the SDSU rematch, 2 games with New Mexico and 1 game left with UNLV looming as possible losses. I figure they win at least 3 of those, New Mexico is struggling so they might even beat them at UNM. So they might actually finish the year top 5 RPI.

I would imagine the NCAA will be looking at them and SDSW strongly, will be interesting to see if either of them can get the #1 seed out west, I kind of doubt it they'll move a team from back East into the West as the 1 seed I expect.

I get CBSCS and didn't even think of looking there. I think the Big East has 5 of the top 10, so somebody has to go West. Looks like Ohio State will be the premier #1 seed. BYU should be a lock for a #2 seed or better at this rate. The rematch with SDS should be a hoot in San Diego.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next game against sdsu is on national tv I believe. He is getting all kinds of love and hype on twitter from kevin durant, john wall, derek williams and nelly to name a few. Sportscenter is having a love fest with him too ever since the game last night as well so anyone who hadn't heard of him before has definitely heard of him now. Some of the shots he makes are ridiculous but he is pretty amazing and entertaining to watch play. It is fun to watch him play especially because of how depressing it has been watching the suns play.

It's been quite a while since I have watched a small man create his own shots so well. Beats the hell out of watching dunks and 3s.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I have watched a small man create his own shots so well. Beats the hell out of watching dunks and 3s.

Yeah Chris Jackson at LSU was like that in college too, he was a little flashier than Fredette.

My old HS coach used to call that playing in a phone booth where a guy can create room when closely guarded and hit the shots.

He really is remarkable at just a little fake, one step back or to the side and he has such a quick shot that's all the room he needs to drill it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the game Saturday against New Mexico is on Versus

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing you'll never hear said of Fredette: that shot is out of his range. If he's on his half of the court, he has that shot.

Steve

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
The one thing you'll never hear said of Fredette: that shot is out of his range. If he's on his half of the court, he has that shot.

Steve

Very true......its sometimes a little ridiculous the distances he is able to make shots from and he makes it look so effortless like he is shooting a 10 foot jumper when it really is a 30-40 foot shot. I went to BYU for school several years ago (insert Mormon joke here) and one of my neighbors who I grew up with and is a few years younger then me and played at Mountain View in Mesa is on the BYU team (he doesn't play that much but he is only a sophmore) so I have watched quite a few of their games this year. I have been amazed at how often Jimmer is able to make shots when he is off balance or shooting in an unnatural position. I have also seen a few times when he has lost his grip on the ball or had it knocked loose out of his hands while going up for a shot and has been able to regain control of the ball and then not only get off a shot but make it as well. I also love that he seems to be pretty humble considering he is one of the best college players right now. I am definitely enjoying reading all the articles and watching all the coverage of Jimmer and BYU. Sportscenter last night was a joke with the amount of times they said the name Jimmer and with them replacing their real names with "Jimmer". I hope they can keep it up and make a nice run in the tournament. It will be a fun and crazy game with SDSU in February and I wouldn't be shocked if they beat us playing on their home court.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO.. he is the college player of th year hands down right now.. I have to admit I have not really watched him play over the year but made it a point to watch the SDSU game, and holy crap it was as impressive of a game from a college player as I have ever seen...

But in my opinion his most impressive stat was he has 16 35+ point games in his career... 13 of those have come on the road in hostile enviorments... Dude has ICE in his veins and should be a late lottery pick at worst..

I got FEVER and the only prescription is more JIMMER!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO.. he is the college player of th year hands down right now.. I have to admit I have not really watched him play over the year but made it a point to watch the SDSU game, and holy crap it was as impressive of a game from a college player as I have ever seen...

But in my opinion his most impressive stat was he has 16 35+ point games in his career... 13 of those have come on the road in hostile enviorments... Dude has ICE in his veins and should be a late lottery pick at worst..

I got FEVER and the only prescription is more JIMMER!

Mocks I have seen have him end of 1st round at best. I don't get it. Iverson never played defense, wasn't a point but could score at will.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmer is a little small to be a #2 in the NBA.. Who knows.. Im not hoping he fails.. Just dont have that much confidence he can translate his game to the NBA is all..

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That dude is just SIIIIICK....

Player of the year without question... not even an argument..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard