Jim Trotter on Boston etc

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trotter is a San Diego writer they had on KDUS. He said he's inclined to believe that there was a deal before the FA period started because he said nobody in SD understood why they released Conway without another #1 WR. He said the only way it makes sense is if they knew they could sign Boston and were creating the cap room to do so. I guess since the Cards haven't cried tamper yet they probably won't.

He said Boston indicated it came down to picking a team with an established young RB and he liked Tomlinson more than Jamal Lewis. I guess Boston isn't as impressed with Shipp as some of us are (-:
He too said they were puzzled as to why we didn't tag Boston he understood being cautious but not letting him walk.

Fyi they said after Trotter went off the air that Boston gets 3.9 million against the cap in year one so that implies he makes about 3 million in salary this coming season which is what I guessed was the case.

Trotter indicated the Chargers have severe needs on defense especially in the secondary and they have no caproom to sign any help so it all has to come via the draft or restructuring contracts. But they felt boston was worth it.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
And right so...he is worth it. Its amazing how a team can restructure players contracts once they sign someone that could put them over the top.

Players arent stupid (most of them anyway) they may take a little less now to get a Boston in their uni to win. For most players and organizations the bottom line is winning.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Boston isn't as impressed with Shipp as some of us are (-:

I don't think its that as much as its he just wanted the hell out of Arizona.

Besides now Boston can just walk across the street to buy his steroids intead of going all the way down to Nogales.:p

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that's right, bad mouth the guy just 'cuz he left a sinking ship. pour it on baby! he's laughing all the way to the bank and playoffs. you're sitting at home watching McCown throw to Solliday and McCaddley.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey look this one up PHXSPORTS4LIFE!

Joke- Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

Now it may not be funny to you. Nor do I give damn if its not. BUT it was a joke. Notice the little smiley guy immediately following the comment.

Better be safe from the humor police and double up this time.
:p :p

AzWins23

Reaction score
Who cares if he does cocaine....He is on a winning ball club, he is laughing at us.....He is the winner....we are the losers...it will always be like that.

I hope David Boston get's 1,500 yards and 12 TD's....then i want to come back to this board where people wish to have him back

Another thing if it take cocain to get him those #'s then keep doing it!!!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzWins23
Who cares if he does cocaine....He is on a winning ball club, he is laughing at us.....He is the winner....we are the losers...it will always be like that.

I hope David Boston get's 1,500 yards and 12 TD's....then i want to come back to this board where people wish to have him back

I really wouldn't care if he did heck Irvin seemed capable of still producing while on it but seriously as long as he's not killing bus fulls of nuns I could care less.

I think some of us defending not signing Boston are all getting lumped into some anti drug goody two shoes sorta thing and thats not the case at all.

I really could care less about players private lives and some people can honestly handle drugs some can't.

I would say that his desire to play here would be the defining factor and if he didn't want to he had to many ways of mucking with the Cardinals to force him too or to throw gobs of cash at him too.

Also if it was your money and you had limited amounts his drug use would then take on a whole new meaning. It would be a factor I would hope.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by conraddobler
I really wouldn't care if he did heck Irvin seemed capable of still producing while on it but seriously as long as he's not killing bus fulls of nuns I could care less.

I think some of us defending not signing Boston are all getting lumped into some anti drug goody two shoes sorta thing and thats not the case at all.

I really could care less about players private lives and some people can honestly handle drugs some can't.

I would say that his desire to play here would be the defining factor and if he didn't want to he had to many ways of mucking with the Cardinals to force him too or to throw gobs of cash at him too.

Also if it was your money and you had limited amounts his drug use would then take on a whole new meaning. It would be a factor I would hope.

I don't care if Boston does coke because I think it's wrong, I care because if he does(or steroids or pot or what have you) he may get caught and get suspended and screw the team over.

I guarantee you a bunch of Raider fans said that same thing when Russell tested positive for pot, they care now.

I have no idea if Boston has a problem or not but it sure appears the Cards felt he did.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares if he does cocaine....

AZWins23, Coke wasn't even mentioned until your reply.

I hope he kicks butt over there too, I don't remember anyone one THIS thread wishing him bad luck, and a poor career in S.D.

Am I upset he is not with our team anymore..HECK YA

Am I upset at DB he jumped ship for greener pastuers..Sort of but not really

Am I mad at the front office for just letting him go. Undoubtedly, that is almost unforgivable right now. I just hope that Rod Graves’s foresight is something we haven’t taken ito account, or if we have, we are wrong

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
www.ffmastermind.com/bits/hot.shtml

Ravens didn`t trust Boston so he ditched them

The Baltimore Sun reports a NFL source that said Baltimore floated a 6 year 36 million offer to David Boston that revealed their character issue concerns.A bulk of the money would be tied up in a roster bonus next year which would allow the Ravens to monitor Boston`s behavior and health for a full season before kicking in a huge investment.The Ravens told Mitch Frankel the structure of the contract would not change.

Ran across this on mastermind quick bits.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I really cannot understand how Cardinal fans can in anyway find a positive in losing David Boston with no compensation. The Cardinal organization is perhaps the worst pro football franchise ever followed by the Clippers and Bengals.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by conraddobler

If we are looking for guys who want to play here then we are looking at a bunch of idiots. if Boston had stayed here then I would have been doubtful about his ability to get another job and his sanity.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
kinda in the dumps today aren`t you John.Don`t sugarcoat it tell us how you really feel.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can't believe your serious about this and I can't believe I'm the only one to say these statements are ridiculous.

How do you measure self worth. What values have your parents instilled in you. Doing cocaine is okay if you have some success in some other area.

Some people take this football thing a little too seriously

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
I don't care if Boston does coke because I think it's wrong, I care because if he does(or steroids or pot or what have you) he may get caught and get suspended and screw the team over.

I guarantee you a bunch of Raider fans said that same thing when Russell tested positive for pot, they care now.

I have no idea if Boston has a problem or not but it sure appears the Cards felt he did.

Russ, I respect your opinion as much in not more than anyone else's on this board. I'm hoping this comment was an attempt to get a point across to someone who obviously has their values confused.

I agree that fans are very short sighted if they don't see players who have drug problems effect not only their own lives but those of everyone around them (including teammates). But to say you don't care if he does cocain becaue it's wrong seems out of character.

To everyone who is up and arms about Boston leaving:

No I'm not religious and yes I do drink at times and have been drunk more than a couple of times in my life. Difference is I don't drive when I do drink and don't jeopardize the lifes of others. I also don't let this affect my work or family life. It's football and Boston is a spoiled self indulgent punk who only cares about himself. Find someone else to worship and honor, like Pat Tillman.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

You obviously don't have kids and place way too much emphasis on football.

I love football and the Cardinals but that love is a dribble of pee compared to a child. I try to make him like the sport and cheer for a team with players that are worthy.

Please explain to me how I can tell him that snorting all the coke he can is OK as long as your winning.

Under your scenario I hope DB falls flat on his ass and takes the entire Charger organization with him.

"Another thing, If it takes cocain to get him those #'s then keep doing it!!!"
This has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever read. Pull your head out dork. Notice I had to clean up your spelling and grammer. That stuff is doing wonders for you buddy!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AzCards21 - Glad to see I'm not alone on this.

People to seem to get just a tad crazed these days.

I have to admit that I'm risking some bad Karma on this but, I agree that I would find some pleasure in DB proving Graves was right all along. As I said everyone is getting a tad crazed right now.

JHall

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
Trotter is a San Diego writer they had on KDUS. He said he's inclined to believe that there was a deal before the FA period started because he said nobody in SD understood why they released Conway without another #1 WR.

This is tampering. If true, which I doubt, the Chargers would lose draft picks.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardiac
AzCards21 - Glad to see I'm not alone on this.

People to seem to get just a tad crazed these days.

I have to admit that I'm risking some bad Karma on this but, I agree that I would find some pleasure in DB proving Graves was right all along. As I said everyone is getting a tad crazed right now.

Your not alone. I like winning as much as the next guy but not at any price. There is a larger picture.

seesred

Reaction score
I don't want Boston on my team if he does any drugs period. If any of you believe it's ok to do drugs as long as you win you need help in understanding what they do to you and your teammates. Just look at Luis Sharp. There are many others. There is more to this Boston story and maybe someday it will come out. Remember Levy from Arizona never really played in the NFL.

I'd rather have a proven free agent than an extra draft pick or two for Boston. Why tie up more money on unknowns. Give Graves some room. I hope Boston does well and gets well. I hope the statement made that he will be in the hall of fame if he lives to 30 by Joe Greene is not the future for the kid. I hope that my grandchildren don't look up to any of these guys and say heck he does drugs and is paid 47 million well there must be some good besides the high in that package. I'm glad we didn't tag him. I'll wait to see how Rod builds this thing and I'll buy my ticket and root for these players as hard as ever.

GBR

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose