Jerry Maguire Trivia

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
ok, so I caught the tail end of this last night. I've seen this movie dozens of times (still love it!) but never looked at the credits rolling at the end.

Guess what name was misspelled in the credits?

Yep, none other than Mr B "Bill Bidwill and the Arizona Cardinals."

They also thanked Rob Moore - was he a consultant or something? Don't recall ever seeing him in the film.

Technical advisors were Jeff Moorad and Leigh Steinberg.

Last edited:

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm guessing any game clips of Cuba were really of Rob Moore. Other than that last scene, of course.

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, DeAnna or anyone, but I believe that Rob Moore was Number 85. So, maybe that is why he recieved a special credit at the end.

Maybe?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Another weird quirk of mine - besides the fact that I STILL have not seen the video of Denny's meltdown after the Bears game - is that I still have not ever seen that movie.

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
You should try to see it PANTONE. Not only does it have a clip ofLarry Centers leaping over the cowboy defender, on that Christmas Day game, but we actually WIN!!! And go into the playoffs.

Plus, if that is not enough, the MNF crew actually speak kindly of the Cardinals. Thats probably to empathize that this was a fictional movie:grabs:

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
You should try to see it PANTONE. Not only does it have a clip ofLarry Centers leaping over the cowboy defender, on that Christmas Day game, but we actually WIN!!! And go into the playoffs.

Plus, if that is not enough, the MNF crew actually speak kindly of the Cardinals. Thats probably to empathize that this was a fictional movie:grabs:

Yeah lost in the whole "you had me at hello" weepiness, is the fact that at it's core it's a movie about the cardinals.

OP
OP
DeAnna

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, DeAnna or anyone, but I believe that Rob Moore was Number 85. So, maybe that is why he recieved a special credit at the end.

Maybe?

A credit just because they used his jersey number? Maybe.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rob Moore has a Screen Actor's Guild card because of that movie. A lot of the footage was fake, but a good majority of the MNF game footage was real, especially that wonderful leap Centers had over Larry Brown :)

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
a good majority of the MNF game footage was real, especially that wonderful leap Centers had over Larry Brown :)

this is why I believe RM got special credit. Not because of his Number, but rather because of the fact that one of the main characters "Tidwell" (I think that was his name) was based on a Cardinal Player who wore 85 and the way professional sports are now a days, they probably needed RM's permission to do it.

I guess.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiki says that footage of Moore appeared in the movie, along with using his number 85. That Larry Centers highlight was a thing of beauty though.

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score
I saw a “Behind the Scenes” feature on this movie a few years ago. The writers and Cuba Gooding Jr. used Rob Moore’s personality as a basis for the Rod Tidwell character. Rob was reported to have actually said “Show me the money” during free-agent negotiations with the Cardinals.