Jalen Carter: Arrest Warrant & Implicated in Fatal UGA Car Accident

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm not defending him in any way I will say that things like this are not necessarily character based concerns. Anyone can screw up and panic in moments like this.
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. It's precisely in moments like this that one's character becomes evident.

...dave

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Time to trade down and address the trenches if someone wants a qb. Alabama and Georgia have some real high character guys to choose from these days.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams already knew about the accident. It was already known Carter was out on the town with Willock before it happened. I'm sure many suspected there may be more to it than was known.

If this turns out to be he was a mile away but he was actually 100 yards away, not actively racing and he stopped to help but between the 5 survivors they agreed they should leave to not get dragged into it then I don't think it affects his stock.

He's too good a player for teams to pass on him because of that.

But there's tonnes we don't know any speculating at this stage is fruitless.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If these are the only charges it seems pretty weak to me. Hard for either of these to really be proven either unless someone fessed up.

Don't see these hurting his stock much if that's all it comes to.

Georgia have a problem with this. Kenny McIntosh was arrested on a similar charge and George Pickens was in the car with him. Jamon Dumas-Johnson was arrested on reckless driving charges. Nolan Smith was arrested for speeding was driving on a suspended license.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well its almost 2 months before the daft so Carter has time to clear himself if he in fact is innocent.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Depending on what the investigation reveals there is a wide array of possible charges, like Reckless Endangerment. You’d need a Ga lawyer to know the statutes that might come into play after more statements are taken.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The way the news works these days...this story will be long forgotten by draft day, unless something significant comes out that Carter was responsible for the accident. As is, this story has legs for maybe 2 weeks top, and Carter will still go in the top 5.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Georgia it is a felony to leave the scene of a fatal accident and if convicted you can get up to 5 years in prison, but police have said this was a one-car accident, so it was not a hit-and-run situation, but Carter has admitted to being right next to the Expedition before/when it hit the curb and crashed. Should be some consequences for leaving the scene, IMHO. Just a horrible decision which seems to indicate he had something to hide as in he may have needed to sober up some before facing police. This just after being charged with racing/speeding a few days earlier shows that he is not interested in his own safety, the safety of others, or his football career at the next level.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Carter has a lot to worry about, I think. I’m sure police — and lawyers — will request videos from inside the strip club to verify if the kid was drinking and how much. Other charges could surface. He’ll also face lawsuits from the deceased and injured folks. He may be a high draft pick, but a lot of his earnings will go to lawyers and those who sue him. Not sure which team is willing to get into Carter’s quagmire with him, especially if he faces jail time above misdemeanors he’s already charged with.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Guilty of anything or not, I think they will go easy on him knowing his great grandfather, an ex-president, is presently lying near death in a Georgia hospice.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
? .... not so dumb that a mere peanut farmer from Georgia could rally enough support from simple minded men and women in order to become president of the most powerful nation the world has ever known. That my friend is pure genius. Hail to the Chief
Ok, now it’s funny. I respect your commitment. Well done, sir.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I still think he’s a top 15 pick regardless. As long as he didn’t hit the other car and make it crash then it’s just two young guys having a little fun. Yes it’s terrible that one guy lost control of his car and died but it’s not Carters fault. I think anyone who drafts him better get a good idea of his character and attitude when they interview him. Last let anyone throw the first stone that can honestly say they never raced when they were young. I couldn’t even begin to remember how many times I’ve raced and went over 100 mph.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
? .... not so dumb that a mere peanut farmer from Georgia could rally enough support from simple minded men and women in order to become president of the most powerful nation the world has ever known. That my friend is pure genius. Hail to the Chief

A mere peanut farmer who graduated from the Naval Academy with an advanced degree in Engineering and an emphasis on nuclear power.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think he’s a top 15 pick regardless. As long as he didn’t hit the other car and make it crash then it’s just two young guys having a little fun. Yes it’s terrible that one guy lost control of his car and died but it’s not Carters fault. I think anyone who drafts him better get a good idea of his character and attitude when they interview him. Last let anyone throw the first stone that can honestly say they never raced when they were young. I couldn’t even begin to remember how many times I’ve raced and went over 100 mph.
It was a woman who was driving the other vehicle.

I never raced anyone in any vehicle I have ever owned. I can remember the 2 times I have ever driven over 100 - both on deserted stretches of road between Indio and Chiriaco Summit in California.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It was a woman who was driving the other vehicle.

I never raced anyone in any vehicle I have ever owned. I can remember the 2 times I have ever driven over 100 - both on deserted stretches of road between Indio and Chiriaco Summit in California.
A lot of us made some more risky choices in our early lives. Most of them dumb choices, but we did it.

Lots of people have growing up to do at that age. While I always applaud your conservative nature in never drinking and how you've approached driving, many of us had to have the "holy cow that was close" moment to learn from it.

If I recall correctly, the fastest I've ever gone in a non-controlled, street legal car is 135. I drove at 160+ on the racetrack here in Vegas. We once got my buddy's Eagle Summit up to 100, and I think it was about to come apart at the seams.

When you give these kids star power and free cars to drive for "recruiting," it's likely to lead to bad things.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you give these kids star power and free cars to drive for "recruiting," it's likely to lead to bad things.
Just wait until Jalen's making millions and can afford even better toys. It'll be like pouring gasoline on a fire.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just wait until Jalen's making millions and can afford even better toys. It'll be like pouring gasoline on a fire.
Yeah, fair, I didn't mean to make any excuses for him.

Although, maybe he actually learns from this traumatic incident. Maybe he already has. I stopped speeding in less controlled areas when my buddy almost threw us over the side of Hoover Dam on slick wet roads, and then two weeks later ran his car through a brick wall trying to take a corner with four people in it. Turns out his traction control wasn't ever turned on when he got the car.

I know I have a lot of wild stories, but they're the reason I take things a little more seriously, while trying not to demonize anyone too badly.

My dad used to say that you have a bag of luck, and a bag of experience. The bag of luck drains out until that bag of experience is full... and hell, he's sure right about that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose