OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot who he is
He was our QB for just one season. Really hyped up, but as soon as we brought in another top QB prospect and announced they would compete for the position, Rashada is apparently ready to move on.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s totally out.

Wow, I wish the young man the best, and let's remember he is a young man and not be too hard on him for his decisions.

But, seriously? This looks like he felt threatened by KD bringing in another QB to compete for his position. That's weak sauce if that's the case. It initially seemed like he was fired up about competing, and now this.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, I wish the young man the best, and let's remember he is a young man and not be too hard on him for his decisions.

But, seriously? This looks like he felt threatened by KD bringing in another QB to compete for his position. That's weak sauce if that's the case. It initially seemed like he was fired up about competing, and now this.
He’s heading to SEC and getting $$$ I would bet.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The transfer portal sucks. No longer can you watch your team recruit players and follow them for their entire college career.
He was an odd case anyway - wouldn't necessarily say he was an ASU recruit or that ASU was seriously on his radar.

He initially chose Miami over a group of SEC schools and then flipped to Florida for a reported massive NIL deal.

When that fell apart, he went the lack route to ASU

Not surprising that he's angling back to the South. He was pretty restless in HS as well.

Jacurri Brown just entered the portal from Miami - talk around him has been all over the place.

One potential was to line up with Georgia as an after next year option - would imagine that is the role Rashada would have there

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
His history has shown him to be something of a flake. As such, I would be surprised if he ever lives up to any of his recruiting hype.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Good question. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he sounded all in on the competition for the starting job. Then he injures his throwing hand moving boxes or whatever and has surgery and misses most of Spring practice until just recently seeing limited reps. That was a huge blow to his chances of winning the battle for the starting job. It gave the new guy the first team reps for 3 weeks, and a leg up with the new OC. So he was not in a strong position and the transfer portal was open and I am sure he is hearing a lot about the $$$ and here we are. Just hope Leavitt is up for the starting position come Fall, he should be.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good question. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he sounded all in on the competition for the starting job. Then he injures his throwing hand moving boxes or whatever and has surgery and misses most of Spring practice until just recently seeing limited reps. That was a huge blow to his chances of winning the battle for the starting job. It gave the new guy the first team reps for 3 weeks, and a leg up with the new OC. So he was not in a strong position and the transfer portal was open and I am sure he is hearing a lot about the $$$ and here we are. Just hope Leavitt is up for the starting position come Fall, he should be.

So he doesn’t believe he is good enough to beat out Sam Leavitt?

Simple fact: He just doesn’t want to be here, never really wanted to be here in the first place and ASU can’t pay him enough.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His history has shown him to be something of a flake. As such, I would be surprised if he ever lives up to any of his recruiting hype.
There was always this argument about how bad it is for QBs to have distant OCs each year and how it hinders their development and now the QBs are doing it to themselves. Rashada will transfer at least once more before this is over

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So he doesn’t believe he is good enough to beat out Sam Leavitt?

Simple fact: He just doesn’t want to be here, never really wanted to be here in the first place and ASU can’t pay him enough.

What do you think of Leavitt? It seems like Leavitt and Rashada were pretty much on the same level coming out of high school. I don't know if Leavitt can throw the same deep ball like Rashada, but he should turn out to be pretty solid. He looks a lot more durable and less frail than Rashada.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Count me as skeptical. IMO, money was a huge factor.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you think of Leavitt? It seems like Leavitt and Rashada were pretty much on the same level coming out of high school. I don't know if Leavitt can throw the same deep ball like Rashada, but he should turn out to be pretty solid. He looks a lot more durable and less frail than Rashada.
He certainly has a stellar high school career but he only saw limited action at MSU and looks like it was mostly mop up duty? I like his size since I think that helps with durability issues you mentioned. Hard to say how he will turn out but I am, as always, hopeful.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard