Jackson, Melton dumped

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My kids and I kept track of how many times he was injured in Suns games, especially hitting his head. It was uncanny the amount of times this guy hit his head, or got hit in the head by other players. We were joking about sending him a soccer helmet to play in. He falls hard, he gets caught in awkward positions, he is just slow enough on offense guys hammer him at the rim. If you pay attention to his play, it's a miracle he doesn't play less each season.
Also - he seems to have an abnormally large melon.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
@Chaplin I do not have any Suns inside info. I could come up with a life profile of stuff I have done and seen, and you guys would accuse me of outrageous claims.
So? Is it that unusual to call out such claims on a message board? Especially if you DO claim you have inside info?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Maybe calling out people for their life stories is a bit much, but I agree that on a sports message board, it's not too unreasonable to be incredulous about someone's claim of having "insider information."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
4. Jackson does have crazy low value. So we actually agree here. If Jones believed he was a problem then he should have traded him mid season last year, which is what I suggested. Or he should have held on and given Monty the chance to work with him. You should take the chance on driving up his value rather than trade him now at his lowest point. But I'm not concerned with the whole JJ thing. I'm far more concerned that our GM has a warped view of "value" and how to properly use our "assets". And I'm not really sticking my neck out here. This is a universal perception at this point across various channels.

As far as the special point, I was talking about the difference between potential vs. production. Production is safe. But it rarely wins you anything significant. Potential is volatile. But if you make contact you win big. Jones has almost completely abandoned the idea of potential for production. In fact, he's placed FAR too much value on production as evidenced by his litany of moves this off season. He overcompensated. I believe you need a healthy balance of both. As WesternFront stated earlier, hopefully this is just a one off season thing and not a yearly thing.

In support of Jones, I do agree with the concept of surrounding our core that's loaded with potential with role players that are productive. This makes sense to me.
Yeah I agree with all of this.

In fact I’ve been thinking we seem to a totally over reactionary organization.

We have a surprising fluke season with Bledsoe/dragic - FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR PLAYOFFS!!!

Oh, the three PG thing didn’t work, end up shipping them all out - LET’S TANK AND BOTTOM OUT! GET UPSIDE GUYS!!!

Oh the upside guys aren’t developing overnight - SHIP THEM OUT AND GO FULL BLOWN CONSERVATIVE “PRODUCTION” (good naming convention) GUYS!!!

It’s wild swings back and forth in goal setting and philosophy. Likely the optimal rests somewhere in between. Ends of spectrums are rarely baby bears porridge.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So? Is it that unusual to call out such claims on a message board? Especially if you DO claim you have inside info?
Not criticizing you. I am just saying, a lot of us have done and seen crazy things. I bet if we all started comparing notes, like I said I know you guys wouldn't believe some of the things I would say. I have met some people who have told me crazy stuff. Then later on by coincedence I found out what they told me was true. I agree about being skeptical, but I also am not surprised anymore to find out people's stories turn out to be true. I knew a Charger fan like this. Turned out he was friends with one of the Spanos kids. Totally found that out in a weird way by having met him, and then seeing a picture of a Spanos family party and there he is in the background. You just never know.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not criticizing you. I am just saying, a lot of us have done and seen crazy things. I bet if we all started comparing notes, like I said I know you guys wouldn't believe some of the things I would say. I have met some people who have told me crazy stuff. Then later on by coincedence I found out what they told me was true. I agree about being skeptical, but I also am not surprised anymore to find out people's stories turn out to be true. I knew a Charger fan like this. Turned out he was friends with one of the Spanos kids. Totally found that out in a weird way by having met him, and then seeing a picture of a Spanos family party and there he is in the background. You just never know.
I don't think you're actually getting the point. Of course a lot of us on here have some unbelievable stuff in our backgrounds. And if we revealed it, I'm sure it would be questioned. It's the inclusion of having "inside information" that is the wild card here.

If I said I had inside information to the Suns and also that I was a spy in the 60s for the Italian secret service, would you just take that as true?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think you're actually getting the point. Of course a lot of us on here have some unbelievable stuff in our backgrounds. And if we revealed it, I'm sure it would be questioned. It's the inclusion of having "inside information" that is the wild card here.

If I said I had inside information to the Suns and also that I was a spy in the 60s for the Italian secret service, would you just take that as true?
First I would ask, just how old are you Chaplin? :)

I get it. I have always been skeptical of people with inside knowledge.

Funny, one of the guys I was thinking of, turned out to have worked for Air America back in the seventies when they were up to their bad tricks. We found that out totally by accident. Crazy guy, but you could always tell not to mess with him even though he was older. Kinda speaking of spies.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I thought he was going to be the next Westbrook

I liked him for the Suns if we had #1 but I wasn’t in Slin’s category of worship. There were posters who had concerns of him not winning anything in college and a lot of us wrote it off to poor coaching and talent. I think you can go back now and determine there were definitely some valid leadership and toughness knocks.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Wait, you weren't even born until 1975?

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we all will be watching the Pacers and Warren. What really happen last summer the Suns number one selling Book.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I liked him for the Suns if we had #1 but I wasn’t in Slin’s category of worship. There were posters who had concerns of him not winning anything in college and a lot of us wrote it off to poor coaching and talent. I think you can go back now and determine there were definitely some valid leadership and toughness knocks.
Was skeptical for the reasons you state. Loved ball and jJ.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My sister in law’s father claims to have been an Italian spy. It’s a running joke in the family. Speaking of incredible personal claims...
Funny!

For years I was telling my wife and kids stories about my childhood. They never commented on the stories. One day we were visiting my mother. My wife starts asking her questions about each story. My mother confirms they are all true. Then all at once three heads turn in unison with their jaws dropped to their chests looking at me. That car ride home was really fun. I kept telling them, "You thought your dad was a liar all this time didn't you?" LOL.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish we could get at least a second rounder for Korver instead of just releasing him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish we could get at least a second rounder for Korver instead of just releasing him.

That would require a trade. I'm not sure if another team wants to pay his $7,500,000 salary.

The Suns can waive him for $3.4 million.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That would require a trade. I'm not sure if another team wants to pay his $7,500,000 salary.

The Suns can waive him for $3.4 million.

Can the Suns trade him for a younger SG that makes around $7 million a year?
Maybe to a team that has too many guards and would like to shed some salary.

There's gotta be a non-athletic, high character guard out there somewhere somebody wants to unload.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard