Jack Clark retracts comments about Pujols (Yahoo Sports)

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Radio host and former Cardinals player Jack Clark has apologized for and retracted comments he made last year implying that Albert Pujols used steroids. Clark, who played for the Cardinals from 1985-87 and was a four-time All-Star, issued a public retraction Monday night for his comments made about Pujols, a nine-time All-Star, who played for the Cardinals from 2001-11 before signing a 10-year, $240 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels. Pujols sued Clark for defamation in October after Clark made the comments in August on the ''The King and the Ripper Show.'' Clark said then he knew that Pujols was ''a juicer,'' a term for a ballplayer who uses steroids or another banned performance-enhancing drug. Clark said in a statement provided to The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/1eQPovh) that he'd wanted to ''reconfirm that I have no knowledge whatsoever that Mr. Pujols has ever used illegal or banned PEDs.'' ''I publicly retract my statements that Albert Pujols used such substances.

More...