Ja Morant wow

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole, but he and Embiid’s bad knees might be on the block this summer.

Both guys probably just as big a risk as KD at this point. Maybe Ja gets the slight advantage for youth, but he may need a season long or 50 game suspension to rein him in. Could completely go off the rails too.

And in the "highly questionable potential superstar" category, don't forget Williamson, he of the 114 games played over four seasons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And in the "highly questionable potential superstar" category, don't forget Williamson, he of the 114 games played over four seasons.
That dude I definitely wouldn’t touch.

Feels like we might be coming into an era of high potential falling stars like we did in the mid to late 90’s with Penny, Kemp, Grant Hill, Webber who were supposed to be some of the next gen superstars that left the league in kind of an ugly boring space in the late 90’s/early 2000’s when the Spurs and Lakers ran roughshod over really weak completion.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, looks like Ouchie was wrong. There might be another superstar on the block this summer after all!

There are superstars on the move every year.

But to be fair, I don't recall Ouchie saying none would be available, he just asked for specifics and I said that I don't know who yet but there are always dudes on the move.

I'm sure Memphis and NO would listen to offers for Ja and Zion, I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid and Dame demand trades, I think Harden is likely to leave Philly, I think Atlanta would love if someone made a big bid for Trae, I think the Bulls and Raptors are both likely to blow up their rosters.

And, I think Luka will try to force his way out of Dallas, but that is probably a summer of 2024 situation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But to be fair, I don't recall Ouchie saying none would be available, he just asked for specifics and I said that I don't know who yet but there are always dudes on the move.

I'm sure Memphis and NO would listen to offers for Ja and Zion, I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid and Dame demand trades, I think Harden is likely to leave Philly, I think Atlanta would love if someone made a big bid for Trae, I think the Bulls and Raptors are both likely to blow up their rosters.

And, I think Luka will try to force his way out of Dallas, but that is probably a summer of 2024 situation.
I appreciate the accuracy.

Yeah, what I meant was superstars a contending team would want. No one wants Ja or really zion at this point. Their lack reliability isn’t injury related (even zions in my opinion because he’s outta shape which leads to prolong injuries and just not playing until he’s 100%). I’d be shocked to see us take in those guys even if we had the assets to do so. I also don’t think embiid becomes available. He might whine but Philly ain’t letting him go. Particularly not this summer. Dame might be the only one that seems likely but he’s repeatedly doubled down on wanting to remain in Portland. So even this offseason that opportunity would seem bleak for the suns if they looking to make such a move.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Harden is done as far as contenders are concerned.

Atlanta is interesting but I also think trae is empty calories.

Bulls don’t really have a superstar. Their two guys are names but not really superstars.

I’ll nudge on Siakam. He might be the closest thing we’re talking about in terms of level of play and availability. But even that’s just guessing right now. There aren’t strong rumblings they’re blowing it up.

And no way dallas moves luka this early in his career.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
Ja Moron needs a better crowd to hang with,,,,kick-in maturity.

At this point he is just a 'dumb azz' and has no concerns about team authority.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harden is done as far as contenders are concerned.

Atlanta is interesting but I also think trae is empty calories.

Bulls don’t really have a superstar. Their two guys are names but not really superstars.

I’ll nudge on Siakam. He might be the closest thing we’re talking about in terms of level of play and availability. But even that’s just guessing right now. There aren’t strong rumblings they’re blowing it up.

And no way dallas moves luka this early in his career.

I don’t think Dallas is going to have a choice. I see Luka forcing his way out. There have been rumors he’s not happy for two years now.

If Kyrie leaves that’s a lottery team they’ve gutted it for nothing.

Mark Cuban is not a good owner. Dirk played with 1 all star his entire career he wasted Dirk and now he’s done nothing but make bad decisions with Luka

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandished?

Hmmm

You must be registered for see images attach
Just posing for a picture. As creepy (or even stupid) as it may appear it is not brandishing.

Dictionary:

brandishing (present participle)
wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

Legal:

Every person who, except in self-defense, in the presence of any other person, draws or exhibits any firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a firearm in any fight or quarrel.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just posing for a picture. As creepy (or even stupid) as it may appear it is not brandishing.

Dictionary:

wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

Legal:

Every person who, except in self-defense, in the presence of any other person, draws or exhibits any firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a firearm in any fight or quarrel.

I agree that the photo falls short of that legal definition. As for the dictionary definition, it's questionable. It's a Christmas card (isn't it?), so a certain amount of joy and enthusiasm is implied, and they certainly look giddy. Whether that constitutes "excitement" is a fine line.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that the photo falls short of that legal definition. As for the dictionary definition, it's questionable. It's a Christmas card (isn't it?), so a certain amount of joy and enthusiasm is implied, and they certainly look giddy. Whether that constitutes "excitement" is a fine line.
No matter what it is definitely creepy and unnecessary.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for Ja, he is held to a different standard than the average person because he is in the NBA and has signed a contract including behavioral clauses.

He does not need to brandish a weapon to get into trouble.

He previously got into trouble just for flashing a gun at a club on a video.

This time he was holding a gun while in a vehicle with other people.

Something the league sees as "conduct detrimental to the league" since they do not want that kind of imagery associated with their players.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dictionary:

Legal:

Thanks for proving my point. What he did was stupid, but it was not brandishing since there was no anger or threat behind it. He was just displaying it seen as the family was displaying their guns.

But yet JA gets called a thug for his endorsement of the Second Amendment

Does it violate the CBA yes. So he should face the private consequences of his employer, but let’s not go out and call him a thug or like he’s a threat to others.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for Ja, he is held to a different standard than the average person because he is in the NBA and has signed a contract including behavioral clauses.

He does not need to brandish a weapon to get into trouble.

He previously got into trouble just for flashing a gun at a club on a video.

This time he was holding a gun while in a vehicle with other people.

Something the league sees as "conduct detrimental to the league" since they do not want that kind of imagery associated with their players.
Shouldn’t a politician be held to even a higher standard?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point. What he did was stupid, but it was not brandishing since there was no anger or threat behind it. He was just displaying it seen as the family was displaying their guns.

Does it violate the CBA yes. So he should face the private consequences of his employer, but let’s not go out and call him a thug or like he’s a threat to others.
It's ironic that he wants to appear like a thug off the court. He comes from a two-parent home in South Carolina. Two parents that took him around on an AAU circuit playing basketball from a young age, He went to many basketball camps and attended a very nice high school. Got a scholarship to play college ball, etc. He did not grow up in the hood or anything. Now he travels around with a posse of as many as nine. According to Wikipedia, he beat up a 17-yesr-old at a pickup game at his house and then went into his house and came back out with a gun in his waistband. And another time, he and his posse showed up at a mall and tried to intimidate mall security and had the police called on them. He appears to like acting stupid in his off-the-court time and hangs out with a bunch of similar types.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t a politician be held to even a higher standard?
I said I thought the picture looked creepy and stupid. I even said unnecessary. It's also very tone deaf with all of the mass shootings/killings going on in the country.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don’t think Dallas is going to have a choice. I see Luka forcing his way out. There have been rumors he’s not happy for two years now.

If Kyrie leaves that’s a lottery team they’ve gutted it for nothing.

Mark Cuban is not a good owner. Dirk played with 1 all star his entire career he wasted Dirk and now he’s done nothing but make bad decisions with Luka
It could happen with Luka. I mean in todays nba having a loyal player like dirk is hard to find. Booker could decide he wants to leave Phoenix.

I’m one of Cubans biggest critics, but I do give him credit for what he turned around in Dallas. They were a laughing stock before he bought the team. I think he’s made a lot of poor decisions that have kept them from winning more in his tenure. Tomorrow night we will see if the decision to tank this year nets them a top 10 pick in the draft. If they don’t get that pick cuban is going to have a lot of pressure on him. I think the Luka rumors are overblown but we will see.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dictionary:

Legal:

It’s a still frame from a video, he was waiving it around like an idiot.

It was very similar to his video in the club except we don’t know if he was drunk.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So you tell your guy, "We only ask one thing of you. Do NOT post a picture, video, etc of yourself with a gun. Got it?" You're guy, "Yeah. I got it." Some time SHORTLY down the road comes an image of him with a gun! :sad::cry::thud:

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

No Ja gets called a thug because he listens to music that promotes gang violence and goes on IG live to act a fool. While also getting into 4-5 incidents off the court trying to play enforcer when he’s not about that life.

Do I listen to artists like 21 savage? Sure. Does that mean you have to glorify street life and act “hard”? No. And that’s Ja’s problem.

When the people you’re around and the music you listen to affect your decision making, then you need to 1) remove those bad influences from your environment or 2) Don’t put yourself in harm’s way.

Like it was said earlier, he’s tone deaf. I hope he doesn’t turn into an Antonio Brown but he needs to make better decisions. He has EVERYTHING to lose and NOTHING to gain by making these decisions.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has said it yet..

Should the Suns explore a trade?

Lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ja Morant's antics drawing attention of 'notable gang member' in Los Angeles, ex-NFL star says​

Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson revealed Monday one interesting group that is unhappy with how Memphis Grizzlies point guard Ja Morant has handled himself over the last two months.

Morant was suspended from all team activities after he flashed a gun in a livestream. It was the second gun-related incident for the star guard who was suspended eight games in March for a similar incident.

Johnson, who won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, appeared on ESPN’s "Keyshawn, J-Will and Max" and said a gang member in Los Angeles wasn’t too pleased with Morant.

"A notable gang member of a certain very powerful gang here in L.A. didn’t like the fact that Ja was doing those things in some of his games, along with portraying himself, to a degree, as some sort of hip-hop street gangster growing up in the hood when he hasn’t," Johnson said via Barrett Sports Media.

"Those are the sort of things that I worry about because you’re aligning yourself in a position that you know nothing about at all whatsoever – zero about. That’s where I look at the team and the league and to be able to say, ‘You’ve got to get him the necessary help that he needs, serious help.’"

Johnson added in a separate comment that "people from the streets are kind of ticked off by his behavior because they would die to be in his shoes."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA