It's Very Clear ...... It Is Time To Sell!!!

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
After another blown save in the ninth that ruined a great outing by Zack Greinke, the time has come to build for the future. If the offers are as good as I think they will be over the next few days, I would unload these guys and continue to build for the future. It is clear that the team as it is built now, is nothing more than a ,500 ballclub!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just drop some of the crap bullpen pitching and this team would totally different. I don't think you need to sell the farm because of a few bad chickens.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just drop some of the crap bullpen pitching and this team would totally different. I don't think you need to sell the farm because of a few bad chickens.
The problem is that you either try to fix the bullpen via trade, which seems near impossible looking at the market, or you really need to sell and plan for the future.

Standing pat seems like the worst choice. If we can’t contend then we need to capitalize on some assets while they’ve got value.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The problem is that you either try to fix the bullpen via trade, which seems near impossible looking at the market, or you really need to sell and plan for the future.

Standing pat seems like the worst choice. If we can’t contend then we need to capitalize on some assets while they’ve got value.

If ARZ doesn't get good offers for Greinke or Ray then I wouldn't be opposed to standing pat and then going after guys like Will Smith who is a UFA and other upgrades for the bullpen and load up for next year. If Hazen and Co continue to bring in talent through draft then we can roll with what we have until the youngsters are ready.

Maybe we can also get another FA SP like Wacha, Alex Wood (coming off injury) or Miley who is having a good year with MIL to add to Greinke, Ray, Weaver and hopefully Walker who I think we should just hold him out until next year to make sure he is fully healed.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think you just hold at this point. Fix the bull pen next season. Bring up some farm arms to get experience here at the end of the season. It's apparent, our offense did not fall off a cliff this season as expected. So in essence we are ahead of schedule in the rebuild. Maybe only trade Grienke and Ray if you can get longer timed pieces.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Greinke - Should be worth ALOT but salary may be an issue.
Ray - Should be worth alot but do you rally trade such a young SP?
Bradley - has pitched ok recently but shouldn't fetch a ton in return
Chafin - lefty relievers always worth more than their ability suggests
Holland - Should have traded him about 3 weeks ago, seems to have caught archiehiranomcfarland-itis.
Peralta - ouchy old man.
Dyson - rent a player never returns enough.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

·

D-Backs, who just fell below .500, could have great sale. Ray, Dyson, Ahmed, Peralta, Chafin, Bradley, Jones are among candidates to go. Greinke’s drawn some interest, but with wisely selected 15-team no-trade list, it’s said to be up to him, “for the most part.”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose