Isabella

Reaction score
Very foolish. With his speed he can be a weapon.

After Hopkins who is doing well? Isabella will be gone. To another team that will figure out how to use him.
You're kidding right? Or are you a UMASS alum also?

Speed alone doesn't make someone a NFL caliber receiver! Certainly the Cardinals might have employed AI in better ways, but then, at this juncture, that statement could be made about every player on the freakin' roster!!!
If your evaluation is that Isabella is NFL material, you must be referring to Not For Long...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally I liked seeing Sherfield get reps over Isabella. I think Sherfield is a much better player who can actually catch with his hands.

Sherfield is really slow, he has no upside at all. Heck look at Larry - he has the best hands in the NFL and he was still nearly useless this season because of his lack of speed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're kidding right? Or are you a UMASS alum also?

Speed alone doesn't make someone a NFL caliber receiver! Certainly the Cardinals might have employed AI in better ways, but then, at this juncture, that statement could be made about every player on the freakin' roster!!!
If your evaluation is that Isabella is NFL material, you must be referring to Not For Long...

You put Isabella on the patriots and I guarantee you he would be their leading receiver and probably have 1000 yard season. He needs to be used like Welker - not as just some guy to run fly routes.

Reaction score
You put Isabella on the patriots and I guarantee you he would be their leading receiver and probably have 1000 yard season. He needs to be used like Welker - not as just some guy to run fly routes.
:rolleyes: LOL!! There was one major difference between the two - Welker could catch the freakin' ball!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. Welker could catch with his hands.

People have to start coming up with better analysis than “he’s white and smaller.”

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This coaching staff should explain the use of the personnel
Gardeck behind kenard and Fitts even when he showed to be more effective
Tallejo getting no snaps after having a great impact against Seattle first game
Sherfield and Keyshawn not involved
Simmons learning from the bench
Hopkins basically just playing wide left
No signing an adequate kicker to compete with Gonzalez
Ward having a great run yesterday then didn't see the field

You forgot Cole over Gailard, that's the top one on my list from a fan's perspective

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isabella needs to go. His problem isn't how he's used, he just isn't an NFL caliber receiver, as has been hashed and re-hashed all season on this board. He's a wasted pick and takes up a roster spot that can easily be filled by someone else.

Sometimes you just have to admit the mistake and move on.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kevin Took Andy to leave the Seahawks Metcalf. Keim gets cute like Kliff and now the Seahawks have Metcalf
I think Keim let Kliff talk him into Andy...watch the draft room video of that pick...Kliff is acting like he just scored with Stiffler’s mom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think, with his speed and shiftiness, AI not returning punts is a huge indictment on his ability to catch the ball.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim let Kliff talk him into Andy...watch the draft room video of that pick...Kliff is acting like he just scored with Stiffler’s mom.

I'm all for GM and HC working close together but either a) Keim liked Isabella too and thus shares the blame or b) he didn't like Isabella and took a player he didn't rate to please his HC.

Either one is still on Keim.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm all for GM and HC working close together but either a) Keim liked Isabella too and thus shares the blame or b) he didn't like Isabella and took a player he didn't rate to please his HC.

Either one is still on Keim.
Ironically its Hunter Renfrow who fits the slot in Kliff's system. Good hands and router runner. And its Scotty Miller who seems to have the ability to play outside and track the football well.

I think Keim really fell in love with PFF scouting rankings that year.

At this point just gotta hope Andy is just a really late bloomer.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think, with his speed and shiftiness, AI not returning punts is a huge indictment on his ability to catch the ball.

Is he shifty?

What I see with Andy is that he's fast but not quick. He might be fast over distance but he takes time to get there. I also don't see agility. I see a guy who's over muscled for his frame and isn't good in small spaces or changing direction.

That's his biggest weakness for me. You expect smaller guys to make up for their size with agility and he doesn't. He's basically Metcalf without the hands, height and strength.

Just looked at his combine and Andy's 10 yard split was 1.58. McLaurin was 1.54. DK was 1.48.

For all the talk of DK vs Isabella we forget that McLaurin was only a few picks later and is a closer comparison to Andy for size and speed. Except he's actually good. Imagine this team with McLaurin opposite Nuk.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ironically its Hunter Renfrow who fits the slot in Kliff's system. Good hands and router runner. And its Scotty Miller who seems to have the ability to play outside and track the football well.

For me Isabella has David Johnson syndrome. He needs to quit the heavy weights and focus on his agility and change of direction which are really poor (and his hands obviously)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For me Isabella has David Johnson syndrome. He needs to quit the heavy weights and focus on his agility and change of direction which are really poor (and his hands obviously)
I will say he looked less stiff than a year ago. Hopefully he continues to improve there.

This is where Keim's evaluation should have accounted for Isabella's rawness as a WR. He was a RB in HS and his freshman year in college. So this is basically just his 5th year playing WR.

Just hope it all comes together. However, small hands, not a lot of experience at WR, etc we werent a team that could afford using a 2nd round pick on. If he was used with our 4th then we'd be more patient.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Is he shifty?

What I see with Andy is that he's fast but not quick. He might be fast over distance but he takes time to get there. I also don't see agility. I see a guy who's over muscled for his frame and isn't good in small spaces or changing direction.

That's his biggest weakness for me. You expect smaller guys to make up for their size with agility and he doesn't. He's basically Metcalf without the hands, height and strength.

Just looked at his combine and Andy's 10 yard split was 1.58. McLaurin was 1.54. DK was 1.48.

For all the talk of DK vs Isabella we forget that McLaurin was only a few picks later and is a closer comparison to Andy for size and speed. Except he's actually good. Imagine this team with McLaurin opposite Nuk.
When he was chosen I warned his game speed was slower than his track speed. I thought he’d still be okay, but he’s actually regressed this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Where is this shiftiness? He’s evidenced straight line speed and nothing else in my memory.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Keim has always been big on PFF, mainly because he has no clue on what he is doing otherwise.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Keim has always been big on PFF, mainly because he has no clue on what he is doing otherwise.
Any proof of that? A link or something or is this an opinion? I mean I know it's been speculated on here before, but it seems to have taken a life of it own. They pay good money for their scouting department, so wouldn't it make more sense to listen to them? I mean why pay for something you can get for free in the internet?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any proof of that? A link or something or is this an opinion? I mean I know it's been speculated on here before, but it seems to have taken a life of it own. They pay good money for their scouting department, so wouldn't it make more sense to listen to them? I mean why pay for something you can get for free in the internet?

I guess its more conjecture on my part based off of this

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The players he drafts tend to get high marks from PFF

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess its more conjecture on my part based off of this

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The players he drafts tend to get high marks from PFF
On Cardinals Flight Plan it said he had a top 5 grade on Murphy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose