Is Murray a wuss?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
??? Who said that? Earlier in the week the coach said it will be Kylers decision?
Tyler said himself he wanted to play. On the game broadcast today, they mentioned that Kliff had to have a tough conversation with Murray about not playing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think it’s harsh to say “Wuss.” There are no wusses in the NFL.

I think he’s soft and doesn’t like to play when he’s not 100%. Next year when he’s getting paid $40 million, he’s going to be expected to play with some bumps and bruises.

When was the last time you saw a QB get held out FIVE WEEKS with a high ankle sprain. RBs and WRs? Often. Not QBs though.
Yes. Especially when he wants to be known as a pocket QB. He will eventually need to figure this out.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The broadcast booth guys today confirmed Kliff had to make Kyler sit out.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio he was not medically cleared by Dr. Maybe "Kylers decision " was a smoke screen.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Well from the looks of it I dont think the team needed him sure if he could play then by all means do so but as has been said its much better to be healthy as possible for the rest of the season and post season also looks like Colt is a capable replacement for now

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you ever believed it was Kylers decision you’re crazy! Teams have medical teams for a reason and being that the Cards had or have been tied with best record I no the league it would be STUPID to rush him out there and possibly get injured worse or prolong this injury when you have a backup that you can still win with! No one calling out Dhop for missing more time than Kyler right? Because injuries are just that it’s not a player choosing to not play that’s ludicrous.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I call BS it’s not Murray’s decision, he wanted to play last week. This is an organizational decision to protect their franchise QB and rightfully so a healthy Murray for the stretch run is more important than a couple mid season games!
Exactly. Kiem was probably drunk if he said that on radio.
It’s never the QB’s call. It’s the doctors and coaching staff.
It was reported last week that Kyler wanted to play but they held him out. I’m sure it was the same this week.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL @ the comparisons to RG3. RG3's career ended because 1. he's not nearly as talented as Kyler and 2. he continued playing injured as some on this board would have Kyler do, and that put him at further risk for injury every game he played. Eventually they stacked up and no more RG3.

I do wish Kyler would run less, or at least I wish a mobile QB wasn't such a big part of this offense. But anyone watching Colt McCoy running around (albeit less than Kyler) realizes this is the offense. It isn't going to change.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you ever believed it was Kylers decision you’re crazy! Teams have medical teams for a reason and being that the Cards had or have been tied with best record I no the league it would be STUPID to rush him out there and possibly get injured worse or prolong this injury when you have a backup that you can still win with! No one calling out Dhop for missing more time than Kyler right? Because injuries are just that it’s not a player choosing to not play that’s ludicrous.
LOL if you think that teams medical staff aren’t charged exclusively with getting as many players available to play that week as possible regardless of the short-, intermediate-, or long-term cost to the athlete, I don’t know what to tell you. You must’ve had a lot of disappointing Christmases waiting for Santa to come.

I’m also very fine with the team taking the heat publicly for Kyler not making himself available to play, if that is what happened.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL if you think that teams medical staff aren’t charged exclusively with getting as many players available to play that week as possible regardless of the short-, intermediate-, or long-term cost to the athlete, I don’t know what to tell you. You must’ve had a lot of disappointing Christmases waiting for Santa to come.

I’m also very fine with the team taking the heat publicly for Kyler not making himself available to play, if that is what happened.
I recently saw a show on this, the dark side of football (I believe) where they discuss this with numerous professionals both inside and outside the industry, and even the NFL's head physician started by quoting the do blah no blah blah harm and then quickly segued into "but the primary focus is on getting the player back out there...rather than the individuals comfort level or long term health."

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently saw a show on this, the dark side of football (I believe) where they discuss this with numerous professionals both inside and outside the industry, and even the NFL's head physician started by quoting the do blah no blah blah harm and then quickly segued into "but the primary focus is on getting the player back out there...rather than the individuals comfort level or long term health."
Probably not the same situation for Kyler Murray v Max Garcia.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This makes it sound like injuries weren't a problem for him last year which is 100 percent false. We failed to make the playoffs mostly because of his injuries last year. This is 2 straight seasons where Kyler's fragility is costing us significantly.
Has it though this season?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio he was not medically cleared by Dr. Maybe "Kylers decision " was a smoke screen.
Didnt you tell us at 12:15 today "There is no doubt he could have played."?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson