Interesting quotes from Kobe on Suns

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
From article on azcentral.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1023suns1023.html

"They are a machine," Bryant said. "They just plug anybody in there. Man, they just go. They've got a great system and great players. You add another player who can create shots for others and it's going to be phenomenal."

"The Suns are in an elite class, not just in the Western Conference but in the league," Bryant said.

"Everybody else is trying to catch up to that."

I don't really remember Kobe giving it up that much to the Suns. Sounds like someone wants to play in PHX. :lol:

I'm just kidding. It's a pretty good article though. It's nice to read what other teams think of this year's Suns team.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That a lot nicer than what Shawn Marion had to say about this year's Suns team.

"Yeah they aiight knowwhatimsaying?"

"You could plug any player in this system and I'd help him lead the league in assists."

"Why would we need another player to create shots? They ain't even let me create shots."

Source: I read these quotes on the piece of paper that I wrote them on

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Kobe on the Suns, if it meant that Nash/Amare would stay.

I would even give up Marion + Barbosa. I'd still think that LA would want more than that, including the ATL pick.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That a lot nicer than what Shawn Marion had to say about this year's Suns team.

"Yeah they aiight knowwhatimsaying?"

"You could plug any player in this system and I'd help him lead the league in assists."

"Why would we need another player to create shots? They ain't even let me create shots."

Source: I read these quotes on the piece of paper that I wrote them on
:D

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Kobe on the Suns, if it meant that Nash/Amare would stay.

I would even give up Marion + Barbosa. I'd still think that LA would want more than that, including the ATL pick.
If the deal breaker for that package was the ATL pick, I'd throw it in.

I'd really miss Barbosa however. It's been really fun watching him develop over the past 4 years. Would hate to see him in the Lakers gear.

I could get over Marion leaving a lot faster however, just because I don't think he'll be here after next year anyway.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the deal breaker for that package was the ATL pick, I'd throw it in.

I'd really miss Barbosa however. It's been really fun watching him develop over the past 4 years. Would hate to see him in the Lakers gear.

I could get over Marion leaving a lot faster however, just because I don't think he'll be here after next year anyway.

I'd miss Barbosa too. He has one of the best contracts in the entire league. He definitely took a hometown discount.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To have Kobe for the playoff run, I wouldn't miss Barbosa much at at all.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Considering what varejao is asking for from the cavs, id say leandro and anderson grew up in way different parts of brazil :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The irony that Marion wants to leave to play with Kobe and Kobe wants to leave to go to the Suns is not lost upon me.

MonkeyMan22

Reaction score
I think a legit question should such a fantasy come true (Marion + Barbs + Atl pick for Kobe) is what would come of our rebounding? Marion is a large chunk of our rebounding. Of course we’d create so many problems defensively for the opposition it wouldn’t even be funny but I’m not sure that Kobe + scrubs can make up for Shawn’s innate rebounding abilities. At any rate it was actually a very nice compliment from Kobe.

MM

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe in the development of LB as a player. Including LB in a trade for Kobe is a deal breaker for me. LB is young, cheap and his upside may be off the chart. And I certainly like his attitude. I would consider trading for Kobe if it didn't include Nash, LB and Amare. I remember it wasn't too long ago that Kobe had the attitude that he was frying bigger fish. LB could well end up being the best Suns player going into the future with Amare's knees always being a question.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
I don't believe the lack of integrity some of you show. The style of play and the players that we have are what has made this organization a blast to watch. Win or lose they're bringing a love for basketball that myself and others around me haven't seen in our lifetimes. To give that up for a more selfish style of play in thought that it would give us a "for sure" ring, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can't picture Kobe only taking 10-12 shots a night and being happy about it. Roll with what we have and enjoy it. We have a bunch of great guys that gel so well with eachother its almost like watching an unrehearsed Globetrotters game. I wouldnt give that up for ring. Let the guys on the court worry about the ring. You guys just need to sit back and appreciate watching some of the best basketball you'll ever see.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to love the haters.

Can you imagine Stat for KB?

Can you imagine KB running with Nash, Marion and Barbosa?

You wouldnt need an inside presence with KB being single guarded. He might average 35 ppg.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not ahater. Just that hes selfish.

I've watched at least 100 Lakers games over the past 3 seasons and he isnt selfish. No one else on that team can score.

Take your pick;

A) Pass the ball to Kwame/Luke/et al and watch them miss.
2) Take the shot and be labeled selfish.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You wouldnt need an inside presence with KB being single guarded. He might average 35 ppg.

Would never happen. Nice try there buddy.

Rbutters91

Rookie
Reaction score

Doesn't he alreday do this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave