Interesting article

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If you could be totally objective, which HC would you rather have, Pete Carroll or Bruce Arians?

Opposing fans hate Pete Carroll. Why?

But, if he was the coach of the Cardinals and the Cardinals were winning year after year the way Carroll's teams in Seattle are, and in light of his style of play, would you still feel contempt for the guy?

I would be fascinated to hear your honest answers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could be totally objective, which HC would you rather have, Pete Carroll or Bruce Arians?

But, if he was the coach of the Cardinals and the Cardinals were winning year after year the way Carroll's teams in Seattle are, and in light of his style of play, would you still feel contempt for the guy?

Why do people hate Pete I think largely comes down to the perception that he cheats. He cheated in college and he cheats in the NFL, it's not coincidence they keep getting fined by the league for violation of practice rules. he even got caught when he had NFL people there to monitor the practices to make sure they didn't cheat! that is cheating is so normal to him, he cheated with NFL people there whose entire job was to watch the practice and tell Pete if it was ok or not.

Now if you're USC or now Seattle fan you love that, hes' willing to do whatever it takes to win, same reason Pats fans love BB they don't have any question how badly he wants to win he's proven it with the amount of rules they've been willing to break.

I think the other reason is Pete seems to whine. But he's obviously a very good coach and he or whoever drafts and signs players for Seattle has a very good eye for talent. Seems like every year people here are mocking their first round picks but they seem to keep getting good players and better players than we are with our high picks.

I don't think I'd like it if Pete were the Cards coach but it's easy to say that, if he were and we were winning I'd probably be just like all the Kentucky fans who called Calipari the dirtiest coach alive when he was at Memphis and now go out of their way to defend him at Kentucky.

perspective.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

He's a 9/11 Truther who was incredibly disrespectful to a survivor of the Pentagon. If he were coach of the Cardinals I would stop following the team until he was gone.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am with Russ, I would have a hard time given his propensity to cheat. I like his positive reinforcement and his coaching ability though and would be very happy with the output.

But without Schneider, I really don't think he would be as successful. I don't think another GM would have gotten the players that Schneider has.

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd take Arians. No question.

Carroll has what I call the USC "rah-rah" mindset. It's cult-ish mind control and it's something I've been surrounded with and observed for much of my life. Things like cheating are justified because it's done for the cult. Several major figures in the Watergate scandal had the same USC "rah rah" mindset as Carroll and look where that got us.

Never mind the fact it causes otherwise normal people to become the most annoying people on the planet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Arians has won with the Cardinals each year he's been here so I don't see the difference.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with what most on here are saying. Character counts in my book. Pete is a low character guy based on what we know about him from both College and the pro's. Arians, by all accounts, is a high character stand up guy. I think BA's ego may get the better of him sometimes (which is evident by some of the issues we are having this year) but I would take him any day over scumbag Carroll.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Bruce Arians.

Better coach, hands down if you ask me.

Kickers are paid to make FG's, and our kicker should be held accountable. END OF DISCUSSION.

If Carroll wants to play the nice guy to hedge his bets, that is his situation to deal with. In a work environment, I want honesty, and straight answers, because in private business results are all that matters.

The result is we tie because Catanzaro didn't get his job done.

BTW, I wonder how it is completely lost that Arians has said MULTIPLE times since the game that he has Catanzaro's back.

So, not really sure what this article is saying past the fact Arians is transparent with the media. Carroll may be as well, but one is holding players accountable, and the other is not. At least when talking to the press.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Arians has won with the Cardinals each year he's been here so I don't see the difference.

The difference is he is with the Cardinals. People tend to forget the success players, coaches, and execs have brought to this team very easily.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes, I like Petee's expressions on the sidelines. Especially, the one after his kicker Hauschka missed that last field goal attempt. A CLASSIC!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ya know what was really interesting?? about two hours ago my ol'lady and I were talking about something and sports came up...don't recall exactly how we got to it because we were coming home from me having a procedure on my back and I was just a little high still... but anyway...she starts rattling off all of the NFL teams,...she has only been watching football the past six years or so,...and only when I watch... but she gets to 28 teams without any assistance...then I named a few cities and she got the last four teams...

I was very impressed....her knowledge of geography is exemplary, as she named the teams from Miami headed north then worked her way west, down through san diego and back headed east...
she had troubles with the skins, ravens...and Lions...

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes, I like Petee's expressions on the sidelines. Especially, the one after his kicker Hauschka missed that last field goal attempt. A CLASSIC!

That expression is born from the smugness of thinking you're just so dang awesome and superior the universe is going to reward you for being awesome and superior.

Then...it doesn't. And you get to be on national TV looking like a 5-year-old who found out dessert was a big dish of prunes.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That expression is born from the smugness of thinking you're just so dang awesome and superior the universe is going to reward you for being awesome and superior.

Then...it doesn't. And you get to be on national TV looking like a 5-year-old who found out dessert was a big dish of prunes.

When he was first in the NFL and failed lots of people said he'd never be a good NFL coach because he was a cheerleader and NFL players wouldn't respect him. So I do give him credit for his success, he's a cheerleader for sure but his players do respect him, he's good at his job.

But anybody who has followed my posts here on many boards over the years understands cheating or dishonesty is a major issue with me, among the many problems is cheating begets more cheating. the biggest issue with Lance Armstrong IMO wasn't just that he was cheating, it was that in order to keep up with him the level of cheating in that sport escalated to unprecedented levels, people were actually dying because of attempts to cheat.

In football we've seen an escalation from sign stealing to breaking into lockerrooms to steal play sheets to jamming or intercepting electronics etc. The problem is it becomes a slippery slope, once one guy gets away with it others start doing it and the whole things snowballs. It makes me very cynical, I'm still highly suspicious that the reason Belichick doesn't like the sideline computer tablets is the security is too good and he can't steal something from the other team when they're using it.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My buddy, in Seattle, who is a die-hard Hags fan flat out told me he and many other thought Pete was too soft on Hauschka and has a tendency to take being a "players coach" too far.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Haushka has also won a LOT of games for Pete. Cat hasn't. One us earned support. One hasn't. Simple. Do your damn job when it matters.