Inkheart

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inkheart

Release Date: January 23, 2009
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Director: Iain Softley
Screenwriter: David Lindsay-Abaire
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG (for fantasy adventure action, some scary moments and brief language)

Starring: Brendan Fraser, Paul Bettany, Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent, Andy Serkis, Sienna Guillory, Eliza Hope Bennett, Rafi Gavron

Plot Summary: Mortimer "Mo" Folchart and his 12-year-old daughter, Meggie, share an extraordinary gift for bringing characters from books to life when they read aloud. But there is a danger: when a character is brought to life from a book, a real person disappears into its pages. On one of their trips to a secondhand book shop, Mo locates a book he's been searching for since Meggie was three years old, when her mother, Resa, vanished into its mystical world. But Mo's plan to use the book to find and rescue Resa is thwarted when Capricorn, the evil villain of Inkheart, kidnaps Meggie and, discovering she has inherited her father's gift, demands that she bring to life his most powerful ally, the Shadow. Determined to rescue his daughter and send the fictional characters back where they belong, Mo assembles a small group of friends and family--some from the real world, some from the pages of books--and embarks on a daring and perilous journey to set things right.

You must be registered for see images

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I ever finished this book. Interesting story, but I didn't think it was written well (youth fiction book) but I did really like the story.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grandkids (7 and 10) really liked it. The wife and I enjoyed it. Not great, a little choppy, but good visuals and we both like Brendan Fraser. If you've got sub-teen kids, it's a good one to see, otherwise, catch it on DVD (but DO catch it). Decent film, 3 out of 5 stars.

And again, Rotten Tomatoes can KMA.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After 2 craptastic Mummy sequels (the third which I refuse to see) and other stinkers like George of the Jungle, I pretty much avoid any movie that Frazier is in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort