Ineresting Thought from the Washington Post

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
““Look at the teams picking in the top 10 [if the draft were held now] and tell me how many are definitely taking a quarterback,” said one general manager, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because his team could be involved in such a trade. “I was looking at the standings, and it just kind of hit me. I see three, maybe four [quarterback-needy teams] in the top 10 and only one in the top three. Nick [Caserio, GM of the Texans,] is taking one, but it could get pretty wild after that.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
““Look at the teams picking in the top 10 [if the draft were held now] and tell me how many are definitely taking a quarterback,” said one general manager, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because his team could be involved in such a trade. “I was looking at the standings, and it just kind of hit me. I see three, maybe four [quarterback-needy teams] in the top 10 and only one in the top three. Nick [Caserio, GM of the Texans,] is taking one, but it could get pretty wild after that.”

I agree. I think the options are awful. All have huge question marks.

Richardson is a multi year project. Stround and Young and both undersized with average arm strength. Levis has the arm but other issues.

I don't see the Seahawks taking a QB because of this and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caserio go after Jimmy G or another vet. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers extend Darnold a year and have him compete with Corral.

This is a draft of Zach Wilson's for me, minus the arm.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Richardson is a multi year project. Stround and Young and both undersized with average arm strength. Levis has the arm but other issues.

I don't see the Seahawks taking a QB because of this and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caserio go after Jimmy G or another vet. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers extend Darnold a year and have him compete with Corral.

Will Levis is the best one of the 3 & he's ******* tough as they come.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Levis is the best one of the 3 & he's ******* tough as they come.

Agreed. I said yesterday I like Levis the most because he has the arm and you can coach the rest. But I don't think any of these guys are week 1 starters that will win games.

The Texans would be a better team signing Jimmy G or Gardner Minshew and drafting Will Anderson.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agreed. I said yesterday I like Levis the most because he has the arm and you can coach the rest. But I don't think any of these guys are week 1 starters that will win games.

The Texans would be a better team signing Jimmy G or Gardner Minshew and drafting Will Anderson.
I am biased of Course with Levis because I'm a Kentucky season ticket holder but he definitely is better than those other 2 imo. His one flaw is locking onto the WR he's gonna throw to but that can be corrected with the right coaching. Had Liam Coen (Rams OC) stayed for the 2nd year of Levis, he would've corrected that. Instead, Coen leaves after one season in Lexington & heads to LA to work with SM. Mark Stoops then goes & hires Rich Scangarello from the 49ers to be the new OC in Lexington. That dude is clueless. He's now fired & Liam Coen is coming back, only he'll have Devin Leary from NC ST to coach. Levis will be a 1st round pick.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I think the Seahawks will try their hand on a second round selection at QB

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will try their hand on a second round selection at QB

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Seahawks do what the Eagles did last year. Trade their mid teens 1st round pick for a 2024 1st round pick plus more.

Then they have an option in 2024 of bundling the 2 picks to move up and get Williams or Nix.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depending on how well he does against MICH, Max Duggan is an interesting prospect. Had a very good career at TCU. Career 3/1 TD/INT ratio, won Davey O’Brien award. Probably a third rounder now but if he leads TCU over MICH and looks impressive in the process his stock could skyrocket.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Any time I saw the Gators play this year, Richardson looked like the second coming of McSorley, accuracy-wise. I can't believe there would be much interest in him in round 1.
The consensus seems to be he has the most upside of the top 4. He’s an excellent runner with a strong arm. He’s very questionable on poise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The consensus seems to be he has the most upside of the top 4. He’s an excellent runner with a strong arm. He’s very questionable on poise.
I see Richardson as the guy who plummets on draft day. He is shakey at best right now, and I don't see a team throwing a high pick on just potential.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young, Stroud and Levis will all go in top 10. Texans, Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Saints all in need of a qb. So are the Bucs, Commnanders, Jets and Titans.
Teams always "over-draft" for a qb.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When do NFL GM's say not interested in these slightly built dual threat quarterbacks that are standing on the sidelines wearing street clothes in December after a few years of NFL wear and tear?

I expect to see kids use all five years of college eligibility soon. With the NIL money coming their way, a good college quarterback who isn't a sure first round draft choice will make more selling himself in transfer portal than in the league.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Do you think Houston would trade both #1 s for Murray? I’d be up for letting him walk if they would take his contract. Let him go back to Texas. Love to get Edge Anderson, Edge Murphy, RB Robinson or DL Carter with first two picks then Levis for a prospect with sites to start in 2024. Levis can work behind Minshew or McCoy for a year or two. Or maybe stretch for Bo Nix in the 2nd round. Nix seems like a gamer and played pretty well this year. With three picks on top 10-12 picks, we’d control the draft and could trade back to obtain as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as possible to stock up on OL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson