OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you thinking like a James Bond-type treatment? That would have been interesting injecting a new actor for Indy in subsequent films. The new actors would always be judged by the Ford die-hards, but that was a fun part of James Bond as well. Everyone has a favorite.

I enjoyed 1 and 3 the best. I get what they were trying to do in 2, but it just didn't land for me with dark tone, over the top gore, and then a slapstick moments all just felt disjointed. 3, despite some of its cringe moments was still a fun ride and felt like Indiana Jones much more than 2 did.
I think it could have been done with Ford and then maybe later in the series he passes the torch to a younger actor (son/nephew type of fellow adventurer). Really hard to imagine anyone else as Indy - other than the younger version on the old TV series.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge Marvel Comics guy and what fueled my interest in an ongoing series was most likely this comic book series that I collected back in the day:

You must be registered for see images attach

Reactions: TRW

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge Marvel Comics guy and what fueled my interest in an ongoing series was most likely this comic book series that I collected back in the day:

You must be registered for see images attach

I remember buying those when it first came out. It was very good. My local bookstore was terrible at getting every issue though, so I think I just eventually gave up.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be so awful, and the trailer gives credence to all the leaks and if true will destroy yet another franchise. Disney just can't help itself.
Then they'll follow it up with an Indiana Jones TV show on Disney+...

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Indiana Jones and the Adult Diaper of Destiny.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Watched the trailer and was a bit puzzled by it. Parts of it made it look like a clearly 80-year old Indiana Jones was still fighting WW2 German Nazis. Is the suggestion that this is story (or at least part of it) is supposed to still be set in the 1940s and we aren't supposed to notice he's an elderly man?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the trailer and was a bit puzzled by it. Parts of it made it look like a clearly 80-year old Indiana Jones was still fighting WW2 German Nazis. Is the suggestion that this is story (or at least part of it) is supposed to still be set in the 1940s and we aren't supposed to notice he's an elderly man?
I think it’s Nazis are still around

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Anybody else buying this for a microsecond? Not saying that they won’t give it a rest but “for good”?!? Riiiiiiight.

I wonder if that's a bit of word play. I could see this being the end of the "Harrison Ford led" series but not the series. The ending that got leaked that test audiences supposedly didn't like had a sort of passing the torch element to it. I could see them doing something like that still due to Ford's age and in 5 years we get Indy 6 with a new lead.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the trailer that dropped today more than the last one but still not feeling it all that much.

There’s just something about finding The Ark Of Covenant and The Holy Grail that seem to have so much more weight than these made up McGuffins that have no historical meaning. That was part of what made those two movies so great… the history and lore surrounding the items in pursuit of.

Well, that and Indiana Jones wasn’t 357 years old.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it difficult to believe people want another Indy movie with Ford. Much less more with someone else.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They had a chance to follow in Indy's footsteps, but they absolutely blew it with the Uncharted movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the new trailer and I am cautiously optimistic. I still get the nostalgia goosebumps when I hear the music.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just watched the new trailer and I am cautiously optimistic. I still get the nostalgia goosebumps when I hear the music.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There is a lot more of the flashbacks with the de-aging than I thought there would be. And just based on the shots in the trailer, it looks like it might be the best de-aging ever done.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Indiana Jones and the Hospice of Sorrow.

Such a trash decision to run this back by Disney.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ain’t getting real good reviews. Currently at 45% on RT. Most saying it’s not as bad as Crystal Skull, but unfortunately not all that much better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose