In 5 Years’ Time, Larry Fitzgerald Made a $15,000,000 Profit by Selling His Paradise Valley Mansion

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wow, this guy might be a sports writer, but he should not be reporting on real estate.

This home was never lived in by Fitzgerald. The 3.12 acre lot was purchased on 3/9/2015 by 612 Properties LLC, a Minnesota limited liability company of which Fitz is a member. The purchase price was 2.5 million. In this listing, it said it was "the perfect backdrop to build your dream". There was no home, just land.

The LLC subsequently built this 13,929-square-foot mansion on the land. It was listed in November 2020 and was only on the market for one day. It sold for 18 million.

This was strictly an investment property bought and sold by 612 Properties LLC. I'm sure the LLC made some money but that was after building this 10-bedroom, 10-bath mansion.

The home in this article has a video of Larry's personal home that is listed for 5 million. So the writer is so out of touch he doesn’t even realize he posted the wrong home in his video.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, this guy might be a sports writer, but he should not be reporting on real estate.

This home was never lived in by Fitzgerald. The 3.12 acre lot was purchased on 3/9/2015 by 612 Properties LLC, a Minnesota limited liability company of which Fitz is a member. The purchase price was 2.5 million. In this listing, it said it was "the perfect backdrop to build your dream". There was no home, just land.

The LLC subsequently built this 13,929-square-foot mansion on the land. It was listed in November 2020 and was only on the market for one day. It sold for 18 million.

This was strictly an investment property bought and sold by 612 Properties LLC. I'm sure the LLC made some money but that was after building this 10-bedroom, 10-bath mansion.

The home in this article has a video of Larry's personal home that is listed for 5 million.
Facts are a destroyer of misleading headlines:)

This country is led by headlines mostly

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IIRC it is 7 years after they file their retirement.

Contributors are eligible to enter the Hall of Fame the moment they retire, but players and coaches have to have been retired for a minimum of five years. To guarantee selection into the HoF, the nominee must receive at least 80% of the votes.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks all, on the HOF question. I later found this article from Josh Weinfuss which says that the five-year Fitz waiting period is well underway (as mentioned above). I wasn't sure if the unusual way that he stopped playing - i.e., with no "official" retirement announcement - matters at all, but apparently it doesn't. It would seem that Fitz and Drew Brees are 2026 first ballot locks. And maybe Jason Witten will get in on the first ballot too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

The home in this article has a video of Larry's personal home that is listed for 5 million.
so a house like that will likely cost +/-$1,000 a sq foot to construct. Maybe less as it was built pre- inflation craziness

so $12-14mm to build, $2.5mm for land. There was interest during the build period (probably) --$600k or so.

figure they cleared at least $1mm, maybe $3mm or more on the deal. its good money, but not like the headline

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Heard he cleared $40M on the Suns investment
I remember talking to an attorney who worked the buy side of that deal -- i told him the purchase price of $400mm seemed awfully high

[note: do not take investment advice from me!]

he said "its like buying a ocean front home in LaJolla. Yes, you likely paid too much, but you get to enjoy it for a while and when its time to sell it, you will make a lot of money".

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have put a lot of thought into this.

Im gonna do it. screw it, Im gonna buy a lot and have a 10mil house built on it,....then just flip it.

Im going to go start up a gofundme account so we can get started right away... I look forward to the support from all the asfn fans....we can do this fellas!!