I'm listening to...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure a lot of people have heard Sheena Easton perform "Wind Beneath My Wings."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one of my favorites from Sheena Easton, "I Wouldn't Beg For Water."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to a lot of oldies on the radio lately as there is not a lot of pop, rock, folk and alternative music I like.

Recently I ran across Los Bravos singing "Black is Black."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to a lot of oldies on the radio lately as there is not a lot of pop, rock, folk and alternative music I like.

Recently I ran across Los Bravos singing "Black is Black."

The Beatles were still the rage in 66 but I had yet to buy any of their music. Most of my friends had moved on to buying albums but I was still stubbornly buying mostly 45's and I was cruising the Phoenix swap meet to see if I could find a deal on a Beatles record.

The guy didn't have any Beatles 45's on discount except for a single that was only released in South America - told me Los Bravos was Spanish for The Beatles so I bought it and listened to it a few hundred times before someone finally told me I was full of it. Apparently it was not Spanish for The Beatles.

Despite the letdown, I still loved Black is Black. Anyway, I went to Smitty's that day and bought my first Beatles album (Please Please Me). Every song on that album was terrific so I made the switch and never bought a single again. And I owe my life long addiction of buying records to that song and that sneaky vendor.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old (2010) Songwriters in the Round hosted by Brandon Sampson featuring G.B. Leighton and Martin Zellar. G.B. Leighton is huge in the Midwest, especially in Minnesota, and is a fantastic singer/songwriter. Usually plays with a full band, but we have seen him live twice where it was just him, a guitar, and a harmonica and he played for hours each time at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix. Amazing shows. Great memories.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I Drink Alone - George Thorogood and the Destroyers

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member