I'm listening to...

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I'm streaming Amazon music listening to Metallica's Enter Sandman and my coworker who just had a birthday last week (turned 33) said "Oh, I like this song." So I look it up and am reminded that it was released over 30 years ago - in August of 1991. Then I tell her that my friends and I went to Zia Records on University near Mill Ave. at midnight to buy it (the Black album on CD) as soon as it was released. She's like "I had just turned 3 !!" :eek: lol

That's hilarious!

I guess I am wondering how long heavy metal fans will continue listening to it. I mean, when you are in your 80's, will you still be cranking the Metallica on the way to the grocery store?

I was in high school in the 1980's but never really got into heavy metal. I am in my mid 50's now and still like listening to tunes from back in the day, but tend to gravitate towards the mellow stuff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Live From Daryl's House - Joe Walsh - Somebody Like You

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really enjoy this album. It's one of my favorites.

I especially like: High, You're Beautiful, Tears and Rain and Cry.

Its a great song, I know nothing about this artist or his music. This is one that one of my sons suggested to me. I am always a little reluctant to listen to his music suggestions, but they are frequently pretty good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are not a lot of artists I'm following right now but James Blunt brings some familiarity to the music of today.

This song shows some of his versatility.

James Blunt - Halfway feat. Ward Thomas

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is one I remember listening to in the back of the car when I was a little kid in Prescott.

Great memories.

A few songs I especially like by Gordon Lightfoot is: Sundown, Carefree Highway and The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious!

I guess I am wondering how long heavy metal fans will continue listening to it. I mean, when you are in your 80's, will you still be cranking the Metallica on the way to the grocery store?

I was in high school in the 1980's but never really got into heavy metal. I am in my mid 50's now and still like listening to tunes from back in the day, but tend to gravitate towards the mellow stuff.

I certainly hope so! But, the main reason it's cranked is because we're all going to be nearly deaf! The first Metallica show I saw left my ears ringing for hours.

The senior centers for the Gen X'ers are going to be wild. Tons of flannel, grunge, and low-back butterfly tats that droop past the knees.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel that Philly - one of the great things about music through

Music especially, and to a lesser extent, certain odors, are the closest things we have to time machines. I'll hear a song from the 80's that will transport me to an exact moment from 40 years ago and I'll remember details that should have been long forgotten. It's really amazing how our brains store information and retrieve it.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been on a major Talking Heads kick as of late, and this one performance to me really stands out!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

James Blunt - Should I Give It All

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member