If You're A Rich Rod Doubter...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I read it and I'm in wait and see mode with Rich Rod. He has to be able to prove he can recruit out West and hire a real defensive coordinator.

OP
OP
W

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
@Wily - It just goes inside what was happening at Michigan and why Rich Rodriguez had a lot of problems there, mainly the administration was not on his side. But more importantly, throughout the book, Rich Rod makes it known how much he truly cares about keeping his team healthy and getting them to class. Also, you'll see a lot of his staff make appearances, and Barwis is talked about a lot. Just a great inside look at how the team will see their new coach.

@Mao - Yeah, those are two large concerns. But if nothing else, the book made me a lot more optimistic that Rich Rod has the personality to recruit. My worry is that if Casteel doesn't come out West, who would be his backup? Kish? Cecil?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think RichRod is a major douche - but as long as he wins, I'm fine with him being ******* McDouchebag.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Come on man, RR is a serious douch bag. Look if you want someone who can win and bring an exciting offense to the desert you got your guy. If you want credibility, accountability, and truthfulness, RR is not your guy. I dont know, maybe he learned his lesson from the WVU and UM debacles, but i doubt it.

Im not going to get into specifics, but google, lawsuits+condos+ rich rod.

or lawsuits+ wvu

or lawsuits + morgantown + home

or lawsuits + alabama

Or academic exceptions + michigan

it goes on and on. Dont kid yourself, this guy is a class A jerk. You are certainly selling any academic or institutional credibility when hiring this guy, but you wil have an exciting offensive football team

OP
OP
W

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe the book is biased then, but since it's written by a UM supporter and journalist, I think it really clears a lot of stuff up for me.

All I'm saying was that after being halfway done with the book, it's painting Rich Rodriguez in a much better light. Take that for what it's worth.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Come on man, RR is a serious douch bag. Look if you want someone who can win and bring an exciting offense to the desert you got your guy. If you want credibility, accountability, and truthfulness, RR is not your guy. I dont know, maybe he learned his lesson from the WVU and UM debacles, but i doubt it.

Im not going to get into specifics, but google, lawsuits+condos+ rich rod.

or lawsuits+ wvu

or lawsuits + morgantown + home

or lawsuits + alabama

Or academic exceptions + michigan

it goes on and on. Dont kid yourself, this guy is a class A jerk. You are certainly selling any academic or institutional credibility when hiring this guy, but you wil have an exciting offensive football team

Stoops was a Class A jerk as well. Completely classless, according to people I know who have been to charity functions with him. Most coaches have a Type A personality and a sense of narcissism. Comes with the territory.

Rich Rod's baggage was above and beyond the norm I'll admit and he made some questionable decisions. Leaving for UM was a bad call IMO. Not only did he get sued, but I think it diverted his focus from football. Part of the reason he didn't succeed at UM.

But if Rich Rod can recruit, implement a potent offense, and hire competent assistants, I don't care how big of an ******* he is, as long as we win and put trophies in our cases.

I believe all of the WVU and UM stuff is in the past and Rich Rod has a new lease on life, so I'm not concerned with any leftover baggage. I just care that he brings respectability back to the Arizona football program.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
They're all selfish egomaniacs, it's pretty much the only way you can be successful at that job. At least some people like Rich Rod though, more than you can say for this Todd Graham character who everyone seems to loathe.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just downloaded it on my iPad last night. Read through the first three chapters. So far, it paints a picture of the Michigan tradition and its rigid values, while lauding Rich Rod and his coaching prowess.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard