If YOU were the 32 GMs Your Decisions?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Two infractions? What about his play ON THE FIELD? He's known for being a cheap shot artist, which is indicative of his impulsive, violent nature.

https://www.google.com/#q=Lewan+cheapshot+artist&safe=off

40,000 hits, but two articles actually talk about Lewan being a cheap-shot artist, and one is from an MSU fansite. Really convincing.

I would draft Manziel over Lewan any day of the week. Lewan is a dime a dozen prospect, you have 3-4 Lewans every year. An OT that some doubt can hack it at LT in the pros. VS. Johnny Football, a remarkably successful QB prospects that has some warts, but could become a great NFL QB.

It depends on the system. I'm convinced that Lewan will be a useful player for all but the Kubiak/Shanahan zone blocking systems. I'm not convinced that Manziel can be a useful player for every coach, and I think that if you looked hard at yourself, you'd say the same thing.

LOL. Get over yourself. I had the guy slipping a bit IN THE FIRST ROUND. His character concerns have been mentioned by literally dozens of draft analysts.

You may not accept that Lewan has serious character concerns, but for a guy who tested out about as well as any LT prospect has tested at the combine, he doesn't have that much of a buzz going on.

His character concerns coupled with his inconsistent play on the field, going in the mid to late first round is about where he should go.

Taylor Lewan is a nice player, and I would be OK taking him at #20, but I would know that he has some major warts in his game and has more than a few questionable moments in his college career.

You've gone from "poor character guy" in your OP, which is why my objection was, to "character concerns." That's where you should've been on jump street. I would have agreed with the research on character concerns when I looked into it myself. Poor character guy? He's not even Vontaze Burfict, who was a legit poor character guy in college.

I strongly doubt that Manziel goes in the Top 5 like you have projected. I'm perfectly happy with where you actually put Lewan--otherwise I would have said that--because of his limitations as a player.

But to gloss over the character concerns with Manziel (I've seen him on TV at a Rangers game randomly and in a dumb McDonald's commercial in the last five days--something that you'd never see from Peyton Manning in the month when he should be preparing for the draft) and put him so high on your board?

Madness.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Fair enough. I just think there is a precedence for a way of using Dennard and making it work.

If Carroll wasn't so unique in his thinking regarding PI, I would agree that he probably goes higher. But, this is a very unconventional philosophy and the NFL is a league of convention which makes me doubt.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
40,000 hits, but two articles actually talk about Lewan being a cheap-shot artist, and one is from an MSU fansite. Really convincing.

I don't know what to say then. Search "Taylor Lewan Douche Bag" You find quite a few hits. Just because you haven't done your research on prospects, don't act like this (his poor character) isn't true.

It depends on the system. I'm convinced that Lewan will be a useful player for all but the Kubiak/Shanahan zone blocking systems. I'm not convinced that Manziel can be a useful player for every coach, and I think that if you looked hard at yourself, you'd say the same thing.

I agree that Manziel can't be useful for every coach or every scheme, but he could be a transcendent player in some schemes. The next time the word transcendent will be used to describe Taylor Lewan will be the first time.

You've gone from "poor character guy" in your OP, which is why my objection was, to "character concerns." That's where you should've been on jump street. I would have agreed with the research on character concerns when I looked into it myself. Poor character guy? He's not even Vontaze Burfict, who was a legit poor character guy in college.

LOL. Ok so you say Burfict was a poor character guy, but you don't think Lewan is?

I strongly doubt that Manziel goes in the Top 5 like you have projected. I'm perfectly happy with where you actually put Lewan--otherwise I would have said that--because of his limitations as a player.

Like I have projected? You make it sound like my prediction is an outlier, when clearly, nearly every mock draft is projecting Manziel in the top five.

But to gloss over the character concerns with Manziel (I've seen him on TV at a Rangers game randomly and in a dumb McDonald's commercial in the last five days--something that you'd never see from Peyton Manning in the month when he should be preparing for the draft) and put him so high on your board?

Madness.

So going to Ranger games and being on commercials is a character concern? RIDICULOUS. Peyton Manning wasn't nearly as hyped a prospect as Manziel since the world has changed significantly since the advent of social media and the like. I'd agree that Manning wouldn't have done that since their make up is very different to begin with. Few human beings are as driven as Peyton Manning, and that includes nearly every other player in the NFL.

Manziel is an exceptionally famous young man. He even admits that he probably should have been more low key on Gruden's QB Academy. I think Manziel has made poor decisions, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's a poor character guy (or to argue semantics, "character concerns")like Lewan.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f43/i-can-dream-cant-i-6362-6.html

I thought they were having a good debate. Good arguments on both sides.:shrug:

I really don't think you have to go back to 2003 to find an example of me being a jerk...

K9 was tossing out some fairly strong personal adjectives in this. Rather than ban him, I told him to knock it off.

He is welcome to have his debate, just without insinuating that the person he is debating with is an idiot.

One last thing, I really should ban you for publicly questioning mods but I will let it slide this time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I really don't think you have to go back to 2003 to find an example of me being a jerk...

K9 was tossing out some fairly strong personal adjectives in this. Rather than ban him, I told him to knock it off.

He is welcome to have his debate, just without insinuating that the person he is debating with is an idiot.

One last thing, I really should ban you for publicly questioning mods but I will let it slide this time.

Really? Because it is uncalled for to ask for clarification on why something that one person feels is appropriate, is being considered inappropriate by a moderator? Come on man, that is a stretch. I would understand if someone was trying to engage in an extensive public debate regarding a moderator decision, but that's not what he was doing.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Because it is uncalled for to ask for clarification on why something that one person feels is appropriate, is being considered inappropriate by a moderator? Come on man, that is a stretch. I would understand if someone was trying to engage in an extensive public debate regarding a moderator decision, but that's not what he was doing.

:thumbup:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL. Ok so you say Burfict was a poor character guy, but you don't think Lewan is?

I'm trying to stay out of this because I value the board and my participation in it more than I value getting the last word in here. But if you think that the examples you're pointing to of Lewan being a poor character guy and saying that they're exactly the same in quality and quantity as Burfict, I don't know what to tell you.

People have seen and heard Burfict's character. You haven't been able to cite an example beyond a poorly worded comment from four years ago and one murky event last December to highlight Lewan's character concerns. If there's more there than the scuttlebutt of the draft evaluation echo chamber, I hope you'll present it.

Otherwise, we'll find out the relative values of Manziel and Lewan to the front offices in the NFL soon enough.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes really. Next question about it is out for a week. The end of discussion

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This board is a christatorship!!!!!

(NOTE - that wasn't a question, and was a joke)

I don't write the rules, I just follow them ;)

2) Moderators' decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. Moderators' decisions are final. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All posts concerning this have been trashed. The person who did not follow the instructions that the discussion was over was banned for 7 days as promised. Those that requested to be banned as well were also banned.

Any additional discussion on this you will be banned until after the draft since clearly a 7 day ban in the off season carries little weight. If you have a problem with anything, I highly suggest you read the board rules and PM the moderator for clarification, which Chopper could have done at any time.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard