If you still believe the Suns can come back, check in here.

OP
OP
Bong

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
One down, three to go. That was quite an a$$-whoopin'!

I fully expect that momentum and energy to carry through to game 5 especially now that D'Antoni figured out how to play defense against the over-rated Spurs.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score

I fully expect that momentum and energy to carry through to game 5 especially now that D'Antoni figured out how to play defense against the over-rated Spurs.

This game, the officiating wasn't even that much of a problem. I saw it actually favoring Phoenix in a way...

EXCEPT near the end of the 4th quarter...what the hell? Weirdness...

satex

Reaction score
You can come back. You win game 5 you're right back in the hunt.

strike19

Reaction score
Good win for Phoenix today. But don't get your hopes up. Today's ass whipping was just a wake up call for the Spurs that they haven't closed out the series. Yet.

San Antonio isn't giving up 4 in a row to the Suns. Sorry. But it just isn't gonna happen.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score

WOW! I am floored that you didn't mention the Refs trying to get the Spurs back into this game. Since you are the quintessential "Lets blame everyone else but my own team for our shortcomings" kind of a fan.

OP
OP
Bong

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
WOW! I am floored that you didn't mention the Refs trying to get the Spurs back into this game. Since you are the quintessential "Lets blame everyone else but my own team for our shortcomings" kind of a fan.

While the reffing wasn't great, it didn't affect the outcome of the game though I am still waiting to hear an explanation for D'Antoni's ejection.

I just wish game 5 was today!

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
We can come back. Might as well be the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit and win.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it would be the ultimate in your face right let them get up 3-0 just to come back and win 4 straight to eliminate your biggest rival! That would be sweet but lets take it one game at a time, if we win Tuesday there is hope.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think the suns have a decent shot to come back in this series, I loved the diaw on parker move hopefully diaw can shut down parker like that the rest of the series it will be our only chance to win. I would be upset if we lose this series but atleast make it a series like last year by taking it to 6 or 7 games if the suns can somehow get this to a 7th game you never know anything can happen :)

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be the pessimist here, but it's not going to happen. It just reminds me of 2005. Down 0-3 with some very close losses, and the Suns get game 4.

Everybody is fired up, talks about the first team to come back from a 0-3 hole, and the Spurs just take care of business in game 5.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's going to happen tomorrow.

San Antonio lacked energy - just like Phoenix did in game 3. It's not going to happen in game 5.

And even IF the Suns could win game 5 and all of us would hope again - game 6 at home to force game 7 - I'd expect Phoenix to lose it at home. It's always like that. As soon as we get our hopes up, we're back to reality a few days later.

I'd love to eat my own words, but I'm sure I won't have to. Unfortunately.

nowagimp

Reaction score
To win 3 in a row vs the spurs with 2 at their house: Call it 1 in 20! Similar odds to the hawks keeping their lottery pick last year(1/13). It could happen, but dont bet on it.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Even John Hollinger gives us a chance: Link

Rising Suns???
Just gonna throw this out there …

All 83 times that a team has taken a 3-0 lead in an NBA best-of-seven playoff series, it has gone on to win the series.

But somebody is going to be the first to buck the trend. It happened for the first time in baseball with the Red Sox a few years ago, and inevitably it will happen in basketball, too.

And when would it happen? Most likely with a team that's basically as good as its opponent. That's a rarity in most of the series that started 3-0 -- but not in the Suns-Spurs series. The two teams finished only a game apart in the regular season, the Suns finished ahead in my power rankings, the scoring margin after four games is only five points, and the series would be even if not for the aforementioned Phoenix blunder at the end of Game 1.

I don't want to make too much out of this -- even if you presume the teams are dead-even and give the home team a three-point advantage each night, the fact that the Spurs have two home games in the final three and need to prevail only once adds up to a 94 percent chance they'll win the series. Most likely, San Antonio will be in the conference semifinals.

But this is one of the rare cases in which the team down 3-0 does still have a genuine chance of winning the series.

And if it happened, that would provide the ultimate surprise of this first round.

John Hollinger writes for ESPN Insider. To e-mail him, click here.

Da_Spurs_Fan

Reaction score
we'd have a good chance if someone jumps on duncan's kneecap and turns it around backwards..

that or ginosely flops into the backboard .. the backboard falls on him and paralyzes him..

if either of those circumstances happened and we still lost..

i'd consider it a victory for the nba.. both those whining babies need to be elsewhere..

LOL, very classy. I think something can be said for the extream suns flopping aswell.

Shaq Flop

Amare Flop

And then of course the numerous Nash/Bell/Hill flops.

So lets actually talk basketball and not make excuses.........

Treat

Reaction score
So, anyone here believe that the Suns can still win despite having lost it?
C'mon, let's take homerism to a new level: "Since Shaq is superman, he can fly around the world and reverse time...."

Yep, the Suns can still win this thing. I believe baby...

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
So, anyone here believe that the Suns can still win despite having lost it?
C'mon, let's take homerism to a new level: "Since Shaq is superman, he can fly around the world and reverse time...."

Yep, the Suns can still win this thing. I believe baby...
Another "I told you so" old thread dug up from TreatTroll. Seriously, get a life man. So now it's considered "homerism" when a fan of a team is optimistic about their chances, even when the odds are against them. Hmm, sounds like pretty much all good, true sports fans would fit into this category. On the other hand you have bandwagoners, which I would be willing to bet TreatTroll is.

Treat

Reaction score
Another "I told you so" old thread dug up from TreatTroll. Seriously, get a life man.

Another "I'm too small of person to admit when I'm wrong" response. Man up.

So now it's considered "homerism" when a fan of a team is optimistic about their chances, even when the odds are against them. Hmm, sounds like pretty much all good, true sports fans would fit into this category.

No, it's homerism to deny the odds and try to rationalize why the odds are no longer against you by coming up with a bunch of BS pseudo analysis.

On the other hand you have bandwagoners, which I would be willing to bet TreatTroll is.

Typical homer response to anyone who dares criticize and speak the truth in the name of their delusions.

OP
OP
Bong

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
Joey Crawford went out of his way to demonstrate that he's not holding a grudge against Duncan by letting him get away with everything.

The NBA, it's corrupt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen