Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Initially I thought Wiseman could play some center and be defensive help beside Ayton. The more I watched video of him though I realize how limited his game is. Also I think a lot of posters were looking for a safe pick to either keep or trade if it doesn't work out. Ayton could play power forward to spread the court. However, as I said earlier, with all the Suns forwards, a twin tower look is not the way to go especially in the modern NBA.
I voted to take Wiseman but not because I liked his fit. I don’t like the fit of any of the top players in this draft. I just felt that not only would Wiseman have the most initial value, but he would be able to retain that value over his rookie season if we couldn’t trade him sooner than later.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted to take Wiseman but not because I liked his fit. I don’t like the fit of any of the top players in this draft. I just felt that not only would Wiseman have the most initial value, but he would be able to retain that value over his rookie season if we couldn’t trade him sooner than later.

It's a tricky draft with the top few picks. I voted for Wiseman as well because he would minimally have a solid NBA career. He would be be a safe pick with upside.

It's better than getting nothing like the Suns have done with several of their drafts.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol i tried it got 3rd 10th pick a bunch got 1 on like 50th try Haha on third pick had as taking lemelo ball

On 10th that obi player power forward is he any good?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol i tried it got 3rd 10th pick a bunch got 1 on like 50th try Haha on third pick had as taking lemelo ball

On 10th that obi player power forward is he any good?
I always do 10 tries at a time. While I’ve landed 10th a lot I almost always get three moves up into top 3 slots (in which we always take melo, except for once taking Hayes), and we’ve landed obi like three times as he’s fallen to 10. Almost every other draft has us with coke anthony which gives me an upset stomach.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am surprised at the Wiseman love, both here and on draft boards. He scares the hell out of me. He doesn't seem to give a crap about defense, he rapidly quit on his college team under bizarre circumstances.

Ayton's biggest contributions are the spacing he provides on offense and his defensive abilities, the growth of which this last season are stunning. Wiseman's red flags are him being a serious lane clogger (not in a good way, teams know he isn't a threat from beyond 3 feet AND he can't pass, and he is a disinterested defender who only seeks blocks.

In the modern NBA it would be hard to create a worse pairing for Ayton that Wiseman. If I am the Suns I wouldn't take him... period, he wouldn't be on the board. If someone else is dying to draft him then trade out of the slot and find someone who makes sense.

It’s nothing more than people googling his name and seeing it up near the top of boards and thinking TWIN TOWERZ.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You think teams will have a higher grade on Wiseman if they know we want to trade him? Not a negotiating expert, I take it?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's a tricky draft with the top few picks. I voted for Wiseman as well because he would minimally have a solid NBA career. He would be be a safe pick with upside.

It's better than getting nothing like the Suns have done with several of their drafts.

Why do you say he would “minimally have a good career”? Plenty of big men drafted top top have washed out as failures.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you say he would “minimally have a good career”? Plenty of big men drafted top top have washed out as failures.

That's my opinion. Do you this Wiseman is going to wash out as a failure?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m also not excited to draft a good that will “minimally have a good career” at #1 even if he fits well.

You have to draft elite level talent/upside. I’d need to see a lot more Wiseman tape against top college centers to know if he’s got elite upside.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He replaces Kaminsky and Baynes.

wrong; he replaces Saric

Saric as back up 5 is the guy.

he’s a good player and Monty realizes now how to deploy him

Also, lol at drafting #1 overall to play behind your league average center lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. No reason Wiseman, Saric, Cam Payne and Jevon Carter couldn't come off the bench.

that would be a pretty badass bench.

and maybe Wisemen serves us the way KJ did the Cavs, where they already had Mark Price but then we’re able to make KJ the centerpiece of the big nance trade that made them contenders for three years.

also, he’s insurance if Ayton’s head and heart never rise to level the rest of his body does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would be a pretty badass bench.

and maybe Wisemen serves us the way KJ did the Cavs, where they already had Mark Price but then we’re able to make KJ the centerpiece of the big nance trade that made them contenders for three years.

also, he’s insurance if Ayton’s head and heart never rise to level the rest of his body does.

Add a couple of free agents and the Suns are cooking.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really dont care who we pick or what pick we get, ill let the folks that do that for a living decide. Lets just draft someone that wont be working at a Lady Footlocker in the 2024 season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see him and Rubio recreate this during All-Star weekend...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not super flashy but still an all time favorite of mine.

Almost all the European kids play soccer so Ricky might be able to do something similar.

Nash could pass the ball as good with his head and feet as his hands.

I wish the Suns had done something to keep him involved in the organization.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This draft is gross. The top end talent isn’t very transcendent. Maybe pick LaMello, but there are certainly no guarantees that he’ll excel in the league. We don’t need Wiseman because of Ayton (and a big hell no to the “Twin Towers” idea). If we get a top-3 pick, use it as a trade chip. If not, there are plenty of decent options at 10

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This draft is gross. The top end talent isn’t very transcendent. Maybe pick LaMello, but there are certainly no guarantees that he’ll excel in the league. We don’t need Wiseman because of Ayton (and a big hell no to the “Twin Towers” idea). If we get a top-3 pick, use it as a trade chip. If not, there are plenty of decent options at 10
My thinking in a nutshell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard