12 Ruggs
15 Jeudy
17 Lamb
21 Reagor
22 Jefferson
25 Aiyuk
33 Tee Higgins
34 Pittman

IIRC pre-draft: the pre-draft debate was Jeudy vs Lamb as the best. Jefferson was considered good, but the beneficiary of the attention paid to Jamar Chase (who came out in 2021).

i
I remember Riggs was a shocker when he was selected.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go WR first and OT/DT/Edge with second first round pick. BPA among those three positions. Would not use our second or any of our third round picks to move up. We need too much.
I don’t want to trade picks either. My plan was predicated on trading down an adding picks, then use them to move back up.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my thoughts are fluid on this... but right now Im thinking if MHJ is not available...
Go Oline and Dline in the first... then grab Brenden Rice with pick 34... unless he moves up after the combine.
I don’t like players moving up because of the combine. Is Rice a good option based on his performance on the field?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t like players moving up because of the combine. Is Rice a good option based on his performance on the field?
senior season at USC... 45 catches, 790 yards, 12 Touchdowns.
1 in 4 catches was a TD...thats Chris Carter numbers. The kid can play. Prototype X receiver with 4.3 speed at 6'3

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
senior season at USC... 45 catches, 790 yards, 12 Touchdowns.
1 in 4 catches was a TD...thats Chris Carter numbers. The kid can play. Prototype X receiver with 4.3 speed at 6'3
Looked at his profile and it looks awesome. Makes you wonder about grabbing an edge like Verse, sanders or Lutu.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If MHJ is gone I really like Odunze. He showed out big time for UW last night. People say he’s a bigger Chris Olave with how fluid he runs routes.

He’s my WR1 who I think will translate the best. Big game player, great catch radius and a certified Dawg.

No thanks on Dallas Turner. He was invisible yesterday and then had the audacity to blame the coaches and appear lackadaisical after the game.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If MHJ is gone I really like Odunze. He showed out big time for UW last night. People say he’s a bigger Chris Olave with how fluid he runs routes.

He’s my WR1 who I think will translate the best. Big game player, great catch radius and a certified Dawg.

No thanks on Dallas Turner. He was invisible yesterday and then had the audacity to blame the coaches and appear lackadaisical after the game.
agree. Im in on Odunze. I like Nabers, but there is too much talk of him being a 2 or a slot in the nfl...we need a bona fide X out of this draft

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go OT, because when we do select they will probably be BPA. Even though we have bigger needs.
I think that all depends on DJs knee. If it's tore, then Takcle is absolutely a need. I'm not ready to ride with DJ next year off of knee surgery when he'll be a 31 year old player with chronic injury issues.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
agree. Im in on Odunze. I like Nabers, but there is too much talk of him being a 2 or a slot in the nfl...we need a bona fide X out of this draft
That role may be more important in todays NFL ie Tyreek Hill, Ceedee Lamb and Amon Ra St.Brown….I’d rather have an amazing slot guy than an outside receiver.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think that all depends on DJs knee. If it's tore, then Takcle is absolutely a need. I'm not ready to ride with DJ next year off of knee surgery when he'll be a 31 year old player with chronic injury issues.
I agree with this. If DJ needs knee surgery then you probably just make the transition.

The big question that determines WR or OT with the first pick, IMO, is where do you see PJJ long term?

No reason to take Alt or Fashanu if you feel PJJ is moving to LT. If you are committed to keeping PJJ at RT, then you can justify Alt or Fashanu.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree with this. If DJ needs knee surgery then you probably just make the transition.

The big question that determines WR or OT with the first pick, IMO, is where do you see PJJ long term?

No reason to take Alt or Fashanu if you feel PJJ is moving to LT. If you are committed to keeping PJJ at RT, then you can justify Alt or Fashanu.
right...and if Paris is going to be LT... can get Mims maybe at 34 to be RT if he is still on the board.
Tough call on Mims but I cant be the only guy that sees him. dude was rated a top 15 pick before this season even started with only 2 starts under his belt. the ankle thing really hurt his chance to move up the charts....just wish I had a feel for when he might come off the board, would love to get him at 34...but he might be gone by the Texans pick too.
either way, RT is easier to fill even in FA... but this draft a second rounder can probably do a good job there.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
right...and if Paris is going to be LT... can get Mims maybe at 34 to be RT if he is still on the board.
Tough call on Mims but I cant be the only guy that sees him. dude was rated a top 15 pick before this season even started with only 2 starts under his belt. the ankle thing really hurt his chance to move up the charts....just wish I had a feel for when he might come off the board, would love to get him at 34...but he might be gone by the Texans pick too.
either way, RT is easier to fill even in FA... but this draft a second rounder can probably do a good job there.
Probably depends on if Fuaga is still on the board and how you feel about Mims compared to Latham, Guyton, and Morgan. Trading up from the top of round 2 should also be considered if there is a player you really like.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Keon Coleman. I don’t like highlight reels of wr’s catching balls 3 yards beyond the defender.
The highlight reel I watched shows this kid catch contested catches one after another. One handed catches. Catching balls at the high point.
I’m no expert but he seems like the kind of Wr this team needs. Again, assuming MHJ is gone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard