I wonder why there has been mostly crickets for top 1 trade?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder why there has been nearly no real rumors/gossip etc about teams wanting to trade for the number 1 pick? If Murray is such a generational talent then why aren`t more teams beating on the Cards door ?With all the speculation/coverage/blogs/talking heads out there then why has there been barely a peep heard ?Here it is 7 days away from the draft and with a Qb who is going to "transcend" the NFL and turn the league on its ear and where is all the speculation about teams trading up for this guy?

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Because everyone has bought into the Murray smoke screen. Almost every mock has us taking him. Well guess what.... they're all a week away from a big surprise when we trade the pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why there has been nearly no real rumors/gossip etc about teams wanting to trade for the number 1 pick? If Murray is such a generational talent then why aren`t more teams beating on the Cards door ?With all the speculation/coverage/blogs/talking heads out there then why has there been barely a peep heard ?Here it is 7 days away from the draft and with a Qb who is going to "transcend" the NFL and turn the league on its ear and where is all the speculation about teams trading up for this guy?
I think the main reason is because the media has convinced us and the league we are taking Murray. I think it’s been wrong on the Cards FO to refute those rumors as part of the so called smokescreen. Had they done that we may have seen if any other teams were truly interested in Murray. That being said we may have gotten those calls which if true would be best kept quiet.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think the main reason is because the media has convinced us and the league we are taking Murray. I think it’s been wrong on the Cards FO to refute those rumors as part of the so called smokescreen. Had they done that we may have seen if any other teams were truly interested in Murray. That being said we may have gotten those calls which if true would be best kept quiet.

Murray is supposed to be the greatest thing since pencillin.Teams should be pounding on the door to get this once in a lifetime QB.Where are they ?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Because the one person creating all the buzz should be no more then a late second or early 3rd round pick.

I’m Team Rosen but Drew Lock and Dan Jones are probably going to be first rd picks and they have no business going before Murray. Pete Prisco was on PHX radio yesterday and said he’s hearing that Mayock prefers Haskins over Murray so I could see Murray dropping but not past Denver.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BW52, how did you get hold of Steve K.? I sent him a number of e-mails, asking how many trade requests the team has received, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW52, how did you get hold of Steve K.? I sent him a number of e-mails, asking how many trade requests the team has received, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

What part of rumors/speculation/blogs/talking heads did you not understand?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree. Murray has buyer beware written all over him and the Cardinals seem to be running all of the stop signs. The rest of the league knows it.

Kyler Murray will be the Steve Wilks of Cardinals QBs. Limited sample size. Under qualified. Good in theory. Poor in transition. (I am prepared to look like an ass if he pans out, but I am very doubtful.)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Murray has buyer beware written all over him and the Cardinals seem to be running all of the stop signs. The rest of the league knows it.

Kyler Murray will be the Steve Wilks of Cardinals QBs. Limited sample size. Under qualified. Good in theory. Poor in transition. (I am prepared to look like an ass if he pans out, but I am very doubtful.)

Well said!!! PERFECT!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been asking this for a while. If people touting Murray are even half right we should be able to make a killing in a trade. Unfortunately won't happen. Just hope we stay away from him as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Arguably, the best fit for Murray is with the Cards and Kingsbury's offense, IF this offense translates to the NFL. If I am another team, arguably, I would be looking more at Rosen or another veteran if I needed a QB.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are no players in the draft worthy of jumping up to #1 on the eyes of most GM's. I am sure Keim has gotten some calls but they were just feelers and I don't believe anything serious.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

pretty sure the only reason the kid declared for the nfl is because he saw the KK interview also...and was certain he was gonna be the first pick since KK signed on with the cards.....and the first pick makes more money than baseball offered him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave