I will wait to decide, but:

The Polecat

Reaction score
I will wait until after the free agent period to end before I completely condemn the Suns front office but, the following are missed opportunities:

The Sacramento Kings have traded the 36th pick to the Indiana Pacers for cash considerations. The Kings picked Orlando Johnson for the Pacers. ESPN.com

Mike Bresnahan: The Lakers paid Dallas about $500,000 for the rights to Darius Johnson-Odom. Twitter

The Brooklyn Nets acquired the draft rights to Tyshawn Taylor after he was selected 41st overall by Portland, in exchange for cash considerations, sources told ESPN.com. ESPN.com

The Mavericks trade down:
After using the 17th overall pick to get 7-foot North Carolina center Tyler Zeller, the Mavericks traded his draft rights along with guard Kelenna Azubuike to Cleveland for three selections.
The Cavaliers made three selections for the Mavericks. Cleveland took Oregon guard Jared Cunningham with the 24th overall pick, then made the Nos. 33 and 34 picks in the second round that were part of the draft-night deal.

Dallas also got the draft rights to Bernard James, a 27-year-old center from Florida State selected 33rd overall, and Marquette forward Jae Crowder, the Big East Player of the Year taken with the next pick.

The Suns statement tomorrow: "We tried to acquire additional pick but bla bla bla"

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What the hell do the Suns want with picks in the 40s? Those players almost never make the roster. Sure, if the Suns had found someone they wanted -- like they did with Dragic, by the way -- then it would have made sense to make a move for him. But otherwise it's just throwing darts, blindfolded, while paying hundreds of thousands of dollars per shot.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad the Suns didn't give up a future 1st rounder to get PJIII.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Me too

because the future first round picks are going to be in the high lottery.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns could have traded a future 1st like Philly did.

They lotto protected it til 2015 then turned it into 2nd rounders in 2017 and 2018 if it still isn't obtained by then.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Holy crap, I just realized that we are the worst team in our division now!!

Thomas Robinson + DeMarcus Cousins + Thornton + Thomas + 'Reke >>>>>>>>>> Suns

Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, Bogut >>>> Suns

Lakers and Clippers were already better than us....

DAMN!

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Holy crap, I just realized that we are the worst team in our division now!!

Thomas Robinson + DeMarcus Cousins + Thornton + Thomas + 'Reke >>>>>>>>>> Suns

Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, Bogut >>>> Suns

Lakers and Clippers were already better than us....

DAMN!

Yep. We'll be in pole position for Shabazz and Nerlens next year as long as Nash isn't resigned. See you then.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yep. We'll be in pole position for Shabazz and Nerlens next year as long as Nash isn't resigned. See you then.

Eh we will end up paying Jeff Green 5yrs/48M$ and Raymond Felton 5yrs/38M$ and pick at #13, book it.

Shabazz is wishful thinking that will never come true. The Suns refused to tank the last 4 years and missed the playoffs 3 times. They did absolutely nothing this year or on draft night to suggest that they are willing to be bad next season and develop young guys.

in a perfect world we would sign players like Johnny Flynn for cheap to fill out the roster for next year and pick in the top 5 while trading Gortat for an unprotected pick to a mediocre team and use our capspace to acquire more picks. Too bad our front office is not like that.

They will do everything to maximize the profit of the Suns. Cut all services for fans to the minimum, hire the cheapest front office people they can find and fool the ******* Suns fans that are still out there and excited just to see Nash.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They will do everything to maximize the profit of the Suns. Cut all services for fans to the minimum, hire the cheapest front office people they can find and fool the ******* Suns fans that are still out there and excited just to see Nash.

Nash ain't coming back bud.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Nobodoy knows that it's painfully obviousy they are trying everything to bring him back.
Afterall their plan is to bring Ray Allen in as well and probably KG.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash said he won't come back unless the Suns are contenders and Nash knows that if PHX signs 40 year old Allen & KG, they still won't be contenders.

So I really don't see Nash coming back...especially with the market so high for him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He never said that. He said he wants to see the Suns try to improve the team and that is what he will see if they go hard for Allen and KG he will see a team that is good enough for 50 wins if they stay healthy.

Nash has said many many times that money is a factor. He won't leave the Suns to play for the minimum with the Heat or Knicks instead of making 7M$ in Phoenix per year.

Toronto seems like the only serious contender for Nash and they are worse than us right now.

My prediction is that the Suns will offer 3yrs/24M$ contracts to Nash, Allen and KG with the third year partially guaranteed and resign Grant Hill for the veteran minimum since they overpaid him last year to make up for that.

Gortat/Frye
Garnett/Morris/Warrick
Hill/Dudley/Childress
Allen/Redd
Nash/Marshall

might match Brooks and Lopez or resign Brown

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How is Toronto worse than us right now?

You add Nash to that current Raptors squad and that's a top 4 team in the East easily!

And Nash said he won't come back unless they seriously upgrade the roster and Nash is smart enough to know that signing 40 year KG & Allen isn't seriously upgrading the roster.

Last edited:

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Who are the Babby free agents this year? Im sure we will sign them all to crazy deals.

What a scam.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and we'll probably pass on Shabazz because we just took our "pg of the future."

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and we'll probably pass on Shabazz because we just took our "pg of the future."

Are you under the impression that Shabazz is a PG? He will likely be a SG where he has a size and strength advantage. His biggest knock is playmaking/creativity and would likely benefit a lot more playing along side Marshall than he would pretty much anyone else in the '12 draft.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like we'll be in the running for Jabari Parker. I don't see us being any good in the next two years.

From what I've seen I'd prefer Wiggins, but I'd be thrilled if the Suns are able to get Adams next year and either Parker/Wiggins in '14. Won't happen but I have a feeling draft speculation is going to be a dominate theme on Suns message boards for the foreseeable future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson