I thought I was wrong, but I guess I wasn't.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is the 4th version of my "I was wrong" threads, but my gut instinct seems to have been right. Neither Kliff or Kyler seem like leaders of men. KK spends a ton of time in the facility, apparently, but what's he doing there? Messaging Instagram models? Because the gameplan is lacking.

I'm tired of watching Kyler pout on the sideline away from his teammates, looking defeated. He's gone from MVP candidate to controversial high pick. Who knows what he's seeing in his mind, but it's surely not working.

The best I can hope for is a surreal 2008-esque playoff run, but I don't see us winning against the Cowboys, and I can imagine the Seahawks rallying to knock us out for one last hurrah for Russ and Pete. What a fall from grace.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We came out tonight and did exactly what I hoped we do. Kyler under center and running the ball.
Then we had to go deep to Kirk who couldn’t make the catch and we fell behind the sticks. Kirk will drop one at least crucial catch a game. And now he’s our go to guy?

I’ll keep watching but I’ve stopped believing.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Controversial high pick and two time Pro Bowler in year 3? Kyler isn't the problem
Nothing like telling national news you don't watch tape after losing to the worst team in the league, wildly missing passes when the opportunity is right in front of you, throwing off your back foot, and pouting on the bench on national TV to show you're "not the problem."

Michael Vick went to three Pro Bowls. He at least made the playoffs. Right now, we're in dire straits while our boy Kyler streams on Twitch.

Maybe the kid can hop off the sticks and watch film.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah it does seem KM may not be a good leader. His body language and pouty faces on the sideline could possibly be leaving teammates questioning his character and teammanship. He obviously does not have a good rapport with AJ Green as evident of his looks after incompletions with him. I have to wonder if his offensive line kinda feels the same way and maybe even a lot of the team. I'd hate to think that he's some sort of cancer on the team...but I dunno...maybe KM doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. I dunno...but somethings not right. Somethings not right.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Geez Solar, just post that in a normal thread that's already out there... your wrongs and rights do not require a spotlight lol

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nothing like telling national news you don't watch tape after losing to the worst team in the league, wildly missing passes when the opportunity is right in front of you, throwing off your back foot, and pouting on the bench on national TV to show you're "not the problem."

Michael Vick went to three Pro Bowls. He at least made the playoffs. Right now, we're in dire straits while our boy Kyler streams on Twitch.

Maybe the kid can hop off the sticks and watch film.
Lol old man playing video games doesn't mean you can't be a high performer.

Most people his age play.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Geez Solar, just post that in a normal thread that's already out there... your wrongs and rights do not require a spotlight lol
I didn't want to drop into a discussion that didn't match the issues I've seen. I haven't really been able to be active on the board due to work.

This still kinda feels like "don't complain about Kyler, keep it to one thread." But maybe not. Merry Christmas JG!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I didn't want to drop into a discussion that didn't match the issues I've seen. I haven't really been able to be active on the board due to work.

This still kinda feels like "don't complain about Kyler, keep it to one thread." But maybe not. Merry Christmas JG!
No, it's exactly what it says, keep it on one thread before we get the fifth edition... Merry Christmas S7

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had said last year that we learned every single thing we needed to know about this team after the loss to SF who was down to a 3rd string QB along with a completely depleted rest of the roster and we were playing at home. The following week only served as confirmation.

So the last 3 weeks do not surprise me. Only confirmed what I already knew. This team lead by this HC and QB is what it is. Might get a little splash and dazzle here and there but when you really need them to win a game to actually confirm something f’n forget it.

They can be facing the worst team in the league, doesn’t matter. This coach and QB combo has proven to be the antithesis of clutch.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lol old man playing video games doesn't mean you can't be a high performer.

Most people his age play.
Dude, I've worked for Sega. I have a Sonic the Hedgehog fighting game machine in my living room, I'm a moderator on IGN.com, have been since I joined ASFN in '02, and once held the world record in City Escape on Sonic Adventure 2. Sure, people play. Practice is baked into that.

Kyler Twitch streams to 81.5k followers, he's a new member of FaZe, and if you watched last year's "Pro Bowl," the guy knows where every single play is on each page of the playbook in Madden.

Let's not pretend the guy didn't look bad tonight, last week, and didn't just pop in the New York Times assuming he doesn't have to put in the work other QBs do. We have a thread about it. Might be time to put down the videogames and earn the extension. (Or, honestly, maybe not, it might be worth more to stream than be a QB soon. Different discussion.)

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, I've worked for Sega. I have a Sonic the Hedgehog fighting game machine in my living room, I'm a moderator on IGN.com, have been since I joined ASFN in '02, and once held the world record in City Escape on Sonic Adventure 2. Sure, people play. Practice is baked into that.

Kyler Twitch streams to 81.5k followers, he's a new member of FaZe, and if you watched last year's "Pro Bowl," the guy knows where every single play is on each page of the playbook in Madden.

Let's not pretend the guy didn't look bad tonight, last week, and didn't just pop in the New York Times assuming he doesn't have to put in the work other QBs do. We have a thread about it. Might be time to put down the videogames and earn the extension. (Or, honestly, maybe not, it might be worth more to stream than be a QB soon. Different discussion.)

It says he played for 30mins Sega was 50 years ago man

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Let’s keep it 100. The names of the opposing QB’s Kliff and Kyler have lost to with a chance to clench a playoff berth:

CJ Beathard
John Wolford
Matthew Stafford
Jarrod Goff
Carson Wentz

None of those guys has ever won anything aside from draft day being the highlight of their individual careers. This is currently the company Kyler keeps and quite frankly looks up to.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guys we are missing starting center. Starting RB. Starting WR. Starting CB. JK Watt. Our punter and holder. We are not elite without our core group. Have everyone healthy we were 7-0. And then injuries. It is what it is. I would sit everyone if we clinch Sunday and get everyone back for a playoff run. Healthy we can beat anyone.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Guys we are missing starting center. Starting RB. Starting WR. Starting CB. JK Watt. Our punter and holder. We are not elite without our core group. Have everyone healthy we were 7-0. And then injuries. It is what it is. I would sit everyone if we clinch Sunday and get everyone back for a playoff run. Healthy we can beat anyone.
Dude. None of the "starting" RBs are under contract. DHop will be back next year, but AJ Green and Kirk are not under contract. Byron Murphy is the ONLY CB on the roster next year. JJ Watt is injured, going to be 33, has a $16 million cap hit, and a ton of void years into 2025.

I can't even continue to list the problems. We're not getting healthier, we're not set up for a future run.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Didn’t the team we lost to tonight have half of their starting O-Line out including a perennial All Pro? Prowl Browl LB out as well? Down a starter a starting Safety and starting WR to round things out?

When do injuries stop being an excuse and facts actually start mattering?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Let’s keep it 100. The names of the opposing QB’s Kliff and Kyler have lost to with a chance to clench a playoff berth:

CJ Beathard
John Wolford
Matthew Stafford
Jarrod Goff
Carson Wentz

None of those guys has ever won anything aside from draft day being the highlight of their individual careers. This is currently the company Kyler keeps and quite frankly looks up to.
I get where you’re going but Goff won an NFC Title game and Wentz won the NFC East and has a ring.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Didn’t the team we lost to tonight have half of their starting O-Line out including a perennial All Pro? Prowl Browl LB out as well? Down a starter a starting Safety and starting WR to round things out?

not to mention we faced bigger injury losses earlier in the season and still won in convincing fashion. this team has a fundamental problem with winning under pressure.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

JFC who cares about 7-0 anymore? Team is in a complete tailspin again and losing to teams who are equally or more banged up.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When people can finally look at the top and make a GM responsible for his actions. We'll never get to Bidwill directly..he will be what he'll be....so you do the next best thing and keep up with pressure on the GM. That's all I got nowadays. I'm tired of blaming the players and to an extent coaching staff. They are still only a symptom. We gotta switch it up at some point or the insanity just continues. Point the fingers where they belong.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Except cards are the only team in the league who can’t rise to the occasion with their b and c teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard