I need to go camping

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My camping and offroading friends all got the mexico bug. A buddy has family down there and they would stay there, rent houses by there, etc. Was fun but expensive.

Then they all bought 5th wheel trailers and started staying in a campground on the beach. I went to hang out for a weekend to check it out, got home and bought one myself for only $4,200 in great shape. It's big, has a pop out, queen bed, two bunk beds, couch and chairs/table that turns into a bed.

I sent it out a few weeks ago to permanently reside there and was going to stay for that weekend and wait to book more.

While there broke down and reserved the next weekend for a biker rally and this upcoming thanksgiving weekend. Excited to head back. A friend in Mexico painted the interior a bright yellow and dark blue, should be very beach house like when I return this weekend.

So, I guess I live part time in Mexico now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some photos
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BigRedRage

You have really upgraded your camping style. Pretty cool. :cool:
I personally don't consider it camping, I consider it my beach house. I'm getting the itch for actual camping in my hammock but im not a big fan of camping in the desert, much prefer the trees and its too damn cold up there right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally don't consider it camping, I consider it my beach house. I'm getting the itch for actual camping in my hammock but im not a big fan of camping in the desert, much prefer the trees and its too damn cold up there right now.

Tell me about it. LOL

I live in the high country and it can be very cold, especially at night. My wood stove is running regularly.

Still that beach house is very nice addition.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
It just stays empty on the beach?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just stays empty on the beach?

My Camper? It gets towed into a storage lot behind the campground while I'm gone. I call, reserve a spot and on that day, they tow it to my spot. The beach side spots have a 4 night minimum so I'm never really "on the beach" but im not far away at all and my spots are $52 for two nights instead of $80-$100 to be right on the beach.

I leave a ton of stuff in the RV. Grill, tables, chairs, lights, toys, etc. I have a TV and blue ray player in there among other stuff. I just bring food and clothes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanksgiving weekend. Went on a sunset pirate ship cruise with an open bar for $25.

Inside is now painted and looks nice and beachy. Next the carpet is going

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Thanksgiving weekend. Went on a sunset pirate ship cruise with an open bar for $25.

Inside is now painted and looks nice and beachy. Next the carpet is going

That's awesome. How long does it take to get door to door?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha. No, sorry. From your house to your RV.
About 4 hours.

I've been back 3 weekends In January. Trying to post photos but Tapatalk keeps crashing. Had my 17 yr old daughters birthday there, went solo once and went with all my kids and my buddy came with all his once.

I was going back this weekend but some things came up and I'm home. My buddy is still nagging me that I'm not joining. It's like home out there having our own places.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found out my cell phone data is strong enough for Reddit football streams out there

Carpet is gone.

Was actually beach side last weekend. Pretty awesome. Made ribs in my instant pot and took a sick picture.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. It takes me at least 3 hours to tow up to the mountains. Seems like a smart purchase.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living the good life BigRedRage. I'm happy for you.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. It takes me at least 3 hours to tow up to the mountains. Seems like a smart purchase.

yeah if I Towed, it would be a major pain in the butt. I can get up into the mountains in about 2 hours but its cold as hell up there right now lol

Living the good life BigRedRage. I'm happy for you.

thanks man, doing the best I can. Shoulda went this weekend but oh well. My friend called from down there and we talked for like 45 minutes, even he is suffering by my not being able to go lol...

well at least for a minute he did. i bet now they are having a great time.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
I have been told that the downside to owning a cabin is that you always feel like you need to go there and so don't have the variety you would otherwise. I would be curious as to what you think on those lines.

I work with a guy that grew up going to a family cabin and says he wants a cabin for his family so I am guessing it is a mental thing.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been told that the downside to owning a cabin is that you always feel like you need to go there and so don't have the variety you would otherwise. I would be curious as to what you think on those lines.

I work with a guy that grew up going to a family cabin and says he wants a cabin for his family so I am guessing it is a mental thing.
I would think it kind of depends on what you're looking for when you vacation. Do you want to see the world, travel, explore new things--or is your primary goal simply relaxation? I'm a mix of both (probably like most people), but I'm more the former instead of the latter.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It depends on how you are using the word "need"

I'll tell you this, I am going to Jamaica in march with coworkers who also earned the trip, they are all planning and preparing for that trip. They ask me if I am excited for it and I tell them I haven't even thought about it yet, Its not until late march and I am going to mexico this weekend. I'm going to take the trip, it is free, I will enjoy it but I spend every weekend on the beach so it is probably less exciting for me.

I do not "need" to go to my place in mexico, I just want to. Cabins require more work so maybe that is why they feel that way? I don't know. I can do all the travel I want even while having my place in mexico. It is all want, not need.

Now, may I do less stuff because I just want to go to my place in Mexico? yes. But, that is a choice and only a reflection of how much I enjoy being there.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think it kind of depends on what you're looking for when you vacation. Do you want to see the world, travel, explore new things--or is your primary goal simply relaxation? I'm a mix of both (probably like most people), but I'm more the former instead of the latter.

Id agree with this too. I plan to travel a lot but that is expensive, it costs me $100 round trip to spend a weekend in mexico. I do not believe this is hindering any of my other travel. Owning a cabin is different, unless you buy it cash, you now have a mortgage payment eating up a lot of your money.

I plan to have something up north though. Housing markets are out of control so I might just buy land and throw a trailer or a manufactured home on it for now.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
It depends on how you are using the word "need"

I'll tell you this, I am going to Jamaica in march with coworkers who also earned the trip, they are all planning and preparing for that trip. They ask me if I am excited for it and I tell them I haven't even thought about it yet, Its not until late march and I am going to mexico this weekend. I'm going to take the trip, it is free, I will enjoy it but I spend every weekend on the beach so it is probably less exciting for me.

I do not "need" to go to my place in mexico, I just want to. Cabins require more work so maybe that is why they feel that way? I don't know. I can do all the travel I want even while having my place in mexico. It is all want, not need.

Now, may I do less stuff because I just want to go to my place in Mexico? yes. But, that is a choice and only a reflection of how much I enjoy being there.
That answers the question. Some of the people I talk to feel an obligation to go to their place simply because they have it and feel like they are wasting money if they dont use it. If you have a place you love and dont want to go anywhere else then its moot.

That us how my coworker describes his parents cabin. They didnt want to go anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave