I know the zaven Collins thread got locked but here is some info on arrest

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's easy to underestimate how fast you are going in a Merc amg.

80 mph feels like a cruise, then when you factor in the acceleration.

Idk why do they insert dialogue on the stop itself though. Like can 22 year old be human

Right, it goes at high speed easily and without any noize, so u can go at 100mph and perceiving like u are going at 40mph
But can't be an excuse of not respecting the speed limit

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think we are probably just a couple years away from cars regulating themselves to some degree based on them being able to read and know the posted speed limits and adjusting the speed the car can go. Maybe speeding tickets will soon be a thing of the past, and/or the blame will be on the car's system malfunctioning. They also should be able to keep a driver from starting a car if he is over the DUI %.

Now if they will be able to keep your wife from making any back seat driving remarks, they will have something.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we are probably just a couple years away from cars regulating themselves to some degree based on them being able to read and know the posted speed limits and adjusting the speed the car can go. Maybe speeding tickets will soon be a thing of the past, and/or the blame will be on the car's system malfunctioning. They also should be able to keep a driver from starting a car if he is over the DUI %.

Now if they will be able to keep your wife from making any back seat driving remarks, they will have something.

I'm not so sure, speeding tickets and any others driving offences are indispensable income

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It's easy to underestimate how fast you are going in a Merc amg.

80 mph feels like a cruise, then when you factor in the acceleration.

Idk why do they insert dialogue on the stop itself though. Like can 22 year old be human
Yeah. I have one... You gently press the accelerator and think you are slowly rolling along and feeling like that - until you realize that you are doing 70 mph. That is with the small 43 engine.

AMG is the racecar version of their models. More luxurious, different set-up of e.g. undercarriage, suspension etc. Two engines - 43 Model with a 3,0l Turbo V6 (401 hp) or the 63 model with a 4,0l Turbo V8 with 621 hp

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what year it was.... way back there before all the emission stuff, by brother loaned me his Dodge Charger. That car was so fast if you slightly touched the pedal you were gone.

Anyway, he let me take it for a drive. I was driving it on a through road bordering a residential area. Normally I was a good driver and never exceeded the speed limit but I got a ticket for speeding. I must have been going almost twice the speed limit and never knew it. Wow. Did I have a sheepish look when I returned the car.

The point being, I didn't have a clue I was driving that fast.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Apps like Waze and Google Maps already have posted speed limits embedded...it wouldn't be difficult to include in a car, too...Just program the chipset and go.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My Subaru has eyesight which sort of does that. That said the couple of years is way off.

I use the adaptive cruise control often but there's some huge glitches. If a car in front of you moves left to make a left turn into a lane that just exists for left turns, and it's on a curve, be prepared because the car will slam on the brakes because it still thinks that car is in front of you and braking because of the curve. Same thing with the lane stuff on some curves it thinks you are drifting out of the lane because it sees the lines ahead and they're not straight ahead so it beeps that you're drifting, when you are dead straight.

Going to a funeral I attempted to park in front of a brick building and the camera kept slamming on the brake because it thought I was going to slam into a brick wall. i was feet from the wall at normal parking speed. It kept braking, I would then pause, hit the gas slowly and it would brake again. People on both sides thought I was nuts until I explained it. Apparently something with the bricks I told Subaru and they said it's a software issue.

and the worst is my regular commute, not every day, but often, it hits the brakes when no car is in front of me, because it sees traintracks. There is no train coming but something or other triggers it to think there is a train and so it stops. I have really limited using cruise control off the freeway now for that reason, which sucks because it's the perfect way to avoid speeding tickets, set it at speed limit and let it go