I have two things to add...

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
1) If there was ever a time where this team needed us, the fans, to do their part it's this Sunday. We've voiced our complaints, we've bitched and moaned (except for 40), some jack-bucket even posted flyers on the players' cars, but it's time to put our money where our collective vocal chords are. Contribute on Sunday. Do your part.

2) We're going to win on Sunday. Bank on it. You can feel it coming. It won't be pretty. It will probably cost us about 15 minutes of our lives in the long run considering the cardiac miracle it will take. Doesn't matter, it will all be worth it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's why we go to the games. To be loud and to see the most improbable games imaginable. :D :thumbup:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2) We're going to win on Sunday. Bank on it. You can feel it coming. It won't be pretty. It will probably cost us about 15 minutes of our lives in the long run considering the cardiac miracle it will take. Doesn't matter, it will all be worth it.

I have no reason to believe they will win given the circumstances, but somehow I do. For some reason I see this team pulling it together. Maybe it is Max, maybe it is because it is a home game, or maybe it is because after driving to San Diego and sitting through that debacle last week I just feel that it can only get better. I remember wins like this at Sun Devil Stadium....well every win there was an upset I guess but I just remember games where no one gave them a chance and they would somehow find a way like when they beat Kurt and the Giants. I hope so.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I actually agree on both counts. It's hugely important that fans come out and support the team and be loud. The defense can dictate to opposing offenses if the fans get loud and teams are forced to silent counts. This is not a time for fans to sit on their hands and wait and see.

I think we'll cover the spread, but I'm not sure we'll win. Arizona's +275 right now, and that number is pretty interesting...

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we'll cover the spread, but I'm not sure we'll win. Arizona's +275 right now, and that number is pretty interesting...

Haha what is the over/ under? The more I think about it, we are screwed. Just play your hearts out and leave it out on the field. Not much more one can ask for at this point.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
It's damn good to see you positing around here again, 11. The team does need us more than ever. I wish I was a local fan, but I'm all the way out here on the east coast. I know many of the local die hard fans may not believe that I am a true fan, but trust me if I was there I would be at the games going ape-sh**.

I believe in this team. I believe in this coaching staff, at least the head coach, which is the most important part. I believe in the defense developing as the season progresses. I also believe that the offense will step it up and start to carry their own weight. We need to develop into an excellent running team that plays excellent defense. The coaching staff is smart enough to realize this, that is why the signed Faneca (excellent run blocker, although downside of career) and let Wells go (who had a suspect run blocking game). Things will straighten out, everyone needs to take a deep breath and remember this season is 1/4 the way through. Beanie is going to be a beast and we all knew it was going to take time to develop Hightower coming out of Richmond. This is Hightower's 3rd season and Beanie is begging for the ball. He is going to run bonkers over the Saints. The most important games will be at the end of the season anyway. I'm taking this season on a week to week basis. One game/ one win at a time. Win the division (we will win it), get into the playoffs and anything is possible. A team is 3 W's away from a Superbowl. Getting back to this week... I believe. Let's go Cards!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
go Cardinals
CARDINAL UP AND TAKE IT LIKE A FAN
WIN LOSE OR DRAW WE BOW TO NO FAN!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be yelling my ass off. I truly believe this is going to be a close game, probably coming down to a kick.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ill add one thing:

WEAR RED!!!

Of all people, I am very tempted to put on one of my black jerseys for the 1st time at a game, but like with the Raiders game, there will be a ton of black with the Nawlins crowd coming on.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Great to see the die hards are still alive

There's no place like home.
I'll be out there doing my best Sunday, and just so you know where this Cardinal fans' head is at...I've had Max Hall on my FF team all year, and he's starting Sunday.
Nuts? perhaps, but ever since I saw him close up, the second day of camp in Flagstaff, I've had a feeling about this guy. He does have "it" as they say.
I think Whiz is crazy like a fox, and the players have been saying Max has been the best QB on the team ALL year.
It's time.
We're going to surprise the heck out of the saints, look at the tape, and fine tune during the off week, then the season starts against the seachickens in seattle.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Whiz is crazy like a fox,

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that. He's done so many things right. I just cannot believe that the thin air in Flag somehow affected his brain this year and he couldn't see straight in his evaluations. The quarterback statement didn't bother me. He's got kind of a dry/wry sense of humor. (Remember him taking a Green style whack at the mic after one of our wins?)

I want to see what he's got for us this week before it's "abandon hope all ye who enter here" for me.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the reasons the bb Cardinals are perennial contenders is that some players on the fence about signing with StL or going elsewhere often come to StL (sometimes for a little less green) because the town has the reputation for having the best fans in baseball.

What does it mean to have "best fans?"

- You seldom hear fans in StL boo their players.

- They're knowledgeable (they'll applaud a pitcher for laying down a sacrifice bunt or an outfielder for hitting the cutoff man).

- They'll give a standing O to a newly acquired player or a rookie up for the first time.

- Seldom if ever, does attendence (even midweek) fall below 39,000-40,000.

Translating this to Max's debut:

- Show up.

- Be loud (especially when Brees is trying to check down)

- No booing (even if Max plays sucky).

- Cheers if and when he gets nailed but gets the ball off or when he throws the ball into the nickel seats or scrambles for 4 or 5 yards when all his receivers are covered.

To sum up - In a sense, we're on-stage. Each time we're on TV (whenever or wherever) every viewer (& prospective FA's watching tape) gets to see what kind of fans we are.

So - What kind of fans are we?

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So - What kind of fans are we?

We're the blanking best! :smiliefan: :jumping_smilie: Hands down, by a mile, whatever cliche you want to use, no fans are more loyal than Cards fans.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I have no reason to believe they will win given the circumstances, but somehow I do. For some reason I see this team pulling it together. Maybe it is Max, maybe it is because it is a home game, or maybe it is because after driving to San Diego and sitting through that debacle last week I just feel that it can only get better. I remember wins like this at Sun Devil Stadium....well every win there was an upset I guess but I just remember games where no one gave them a chance and they would somehow find a way like when they beat Kurt and the Giants. I hope so.

I do not feel it coming.

But we do this together. Make it happen tomorrow guys.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
When the going gets tough, Section 11 shows up. Go figure.

My son and I will be there, wearing red and ready to do our part!

Welcome to Thunderdome, Max!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice call, though I think I lost about 20 minutes.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Another improbable game. :thumbup:

The place was electric...I have no voice.

:thud:

Ditto. Been attending sporting events for the better part of 40 years... and I swear, the magic this team has laid on me over the last 9 years has trumped the previous 30 by a huge margin!
Improbable... Unimaginable... and Magical. Wow!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson