I have a feeling that DeMeco Ryans will be the HC

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He didn’t cancel two other interviews.

From word leaking about GM candidates turning down offers to HC candidates canceling interviews, this franchise is starting to look truly pathetic.
Hate to say it, but as a franchise, we've probably looked pathetic for quite some time now. We should at least take solace in that we finally hired a GM from outside the organization. Maybe Michael finally understands that he'll never truly learn how to build a successful franchise without outside help. That really could be significant. I guess it'll depend on just how much MO is handcuffed by Michael.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But he managed interviews with Texans and Broncos.

I’d been of the mind that the Cardinals job was reasonably appealing and I’m starting to lose that feeling.

Dude cancelled the interview with Cardinals. What joke is this franchise

There is zero chance he set the interviews or set them in order of preference. They were set randomly and he just ran out of time.

Even if he did set them himself you would do it with the ones you least fancy first. Use them as dry runs to iron out the kinks so you're on form for the later ones.

Put I think it put's him out of contention. I don;t think he can interview again now until the 31st under league rules.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what NBA or MLB? he's going to have to coach against them at some point wherever he goes if he wants to be a head coach. I love the guy, wouldn't surprise me if he turns us down because of the history of the Bidwills, but it would surprise me if he turned us down because he doesn't want to coach against SF it's not like he's spent his whole career there.

Yeah, he doesn't have to definately coach against them twice a year. He can go somewhere he might play them once every 4 years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

From word leaking about GM candidates turning down offers to HC candidates canceling interviews, this franchise is starting to look truly pathetic.

Come on man. Those would be set by his agent, at the convenience of both parties and in random order. He just ran out of time. Maybe the first 2 ran longer than planned, which is likely.

Absolutely nothing to see here and it's a bit weird some fans are trying to turn it into a comment on the franchise.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone who is aware of who the Cardinals are understands what this means

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals have limited financial resources and the owner is a controlling freak.

this is the reason Cardinals get bread crumbs in every cycle..you hope to get lucky and find Bruce Arians.

This is the reason folks like Sean Payton would not even entertain interview with Cardinals.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, he doesn't have to definately coach against them twice a year. He can go somewhere he might play them once every 4 years.

Definitely won't count him out, but wouldn't be surprised that as a former Houstontonian, a return may appeal. Demeco gets his QBOF and a rather certain five years to turn that franchise around.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cardinals have limited financial resources and the owner is a controlling freak.

this is the reason Cardinals get bread crumbs in every cycle..you hope to get lucky and find Bruce Arians.

This is the reason folks like Sean Payton would not even entertain interview with Cardinals.

What other SP is out there that would expect to be the highest paid, or close to, Coach in the League and will additionally cost draft capital?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What other SP is out there that would expect to be the highest paid, or close to, Coach in the League and will additionally cost draft capital?
These are logical reasons not to hire Sean Payton. What says more is not getting an interview from Sean Payton atleast to understand how a Sean Payton would approach fixing Kyler Murray.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
These are logical reasons not to hire Sean Payton. What says more is not getting an interview from Sean Payton atleast to understand how a Sean Payton would approach fixing Kyler Murray.
Payton spoke to EVERY team that got permission from the Saints…he said so in his Cowherd interview. They have an understanding of his demands for a contract and the Saints demands for compensation. Only 2 teams have had an actual in person interview and there have been zero offers that we know of. 2 teams didn’t even get permission from the Saints.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

This almost like the Arians situation all over again...

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If AZ called NO for permission and, after hearing the price, decided it was prohibitive, there is nothing to pursue by either party.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If AZ called TX for permission and, after hearing the price, decided it was prohibitive, there is nothing to pursue by either party.
I don't want Sean Payton. It is criminal to not to talk to a great offensive mind for a few hours to pick brain on how to fix the offense and Murray. just don't understand your logic. #carryon

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't want Sean Payton. It is criminal to not to talk to a great offensive mind for a few hours to pick brain on how to fix the offense and Murray. just don't understand your logic. #carryon

My logic. Why should he take the time if he's not coming here?

You want his professional advice: Pay for it!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They did talk to him...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, Payton walked away from the Saints when they were starting to crumble. Why? Comparably, why is he willing to come here and would he walk away in two years if things didn’t come together?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t think the quarter billion dollar question mark hanging over this team isn’t an issue for getting the best coaches/GM candidates in here is fooling themselves.

That injury plus contract plus all of thr self inflicted Kyler wounds over the last 15 months have really put us in a bigger hole than a Bidwill owned team already finds itself because of ownership.

That ACL is Such a killer for this team as they try to rebuild. Just so many question marks and immediately hamstrings whoever comes in here for at least the first year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Ryans goes back to Houston.
The rumor for the past couple years is that they want to hire Josh McCown for some reason as HC. Like, desperately.

Houston has just fired two well-respected Black head coaches after one year; why would they be willing to invest top dollar at the role when they're still paying off two entire staffs?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rumor for the past couple years is that they want to hire Josh McCown for some reason as HC. Like, desperately.
That's because McCown can be a player/head coach.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t think the quarter billion dollar question mark hanging over this team isn’t an issue for getting the best coaches/GM candidates in here is fooling themselves.

That injury plus contract plus all of thr self inflicted Kyler wounds over the last 15 months have really put us in a bigger hole than a Bidwill owned team already finds itself because of ownership.

That ACL is Such a killer for this team as they try to rebuild. Just so many question marks and immediately hamstrings whoever comes in here for at least the first year.
Any coach looking at the Cardinals has to know that 2023 is a pure rebuilding year that won't look pretty in the standings. Best case scenario is that the Defense is improved and the team fights till the end. Plus I'd like to see a team that avoids the same stupid mistakes over and over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose