I have a feeling that DeMeco Ryans will be the HC

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With both Monti and Sears having previous relationship with him while with the Texans I feel like it would make sense for him to be offered the HC gig. Honestly I would be rather happy with the hire.

With that being said. How would you like the other positions filled?

I'd love to see it end up like this. (I know I live in a bit of a 'dream world'.

HC: DeMeco Ryans
OC: Greg Roman
DC: Vic Fangio

Or having someone like Eric Bieniemy be the OC but that wouldn't be a promotion so don't really see that happening.

Is Roman still in Baltimore? I felt like he had a fantastic scheme for a mobile qb like Jackson.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you like him?
I don't dislike him. Just don't want him. Like I said, the timing of the interviews rubbed me the wrong way. But, more importantly, that defense is just stacked with talent which would make any coach look better than they really are.

So, I have my doubts. I can see him repeating the Vance Joseph experience in Denver.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't dislike him. Just don't want him. Like I said, the timing of the interviews rubbed me the wrong way. But, more importantly, that defense is just stacked with talent which would make any coach look better than they really are.

So, I have my doubts. I can see him repeating the Vance Joseph experience in Denver.
Who do you want?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Out of respect to the Niners, I don’t think he’s interested in the Cardinal job unless it’s the last one available. I think he’d take the Texans job before ours. I’m fine with Ryans, but think it’ll come down to Quinn, Flores, or Reich. I think Bidwill wants someone that has been a HC before, even if they had only limited success. Whatever the choice is, it’s better than KK. The key to this team moving forward is that we finally stopped hiring FO people from within. What’s the old saying, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Michael will never figure out what it takes to be a consistent winner until someone from outside this loser franchise teaches him.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he takes another job because he doesn't want to coach against the Niners

So what NBA or MLB? he's going to have to coach against them at some point wherever he goes if he wants to be a head coach. I love the guy, wouldn't surprise me if he turns us down because of the history of the Bidwills, but it would surprise me if he turned us down because he doesn't want to coach against SF it's not like he's spent his whole career there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think so. If fact I think he’s back on tv next year.
Cowher never came back. Payton could very well be the same. Hmmm....make over a million dollars and work for about 6 months one day a week? Or, work 51 weeks a year? Most of it seven days a week.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have a logical connect the dots with the discipline this team has been lacking and having a similar background as the GM , ok nothing is ever logical with the Cardinals and you are probably right, that it will be Flores and I am alright with that

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talent or no, I am amazed people question his ability to scheme and coach the defense. Sometimes I wonder if some of you even understand your own positions on things

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reason for canceling (work on Cowboys game prep) seems reasonable and logical.

Nevertheless, my gut says he’s out.
He didn’t cancel two other interviews.

From word leaking about GM candidates turning down offers to HC candidates canceling interviews, this franchise is starting to look truly pathetic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose