I hate NASCAR!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Once again the Cards have a home game the same day as the Checker 500.

That means huge traffic jams after the Lions game on the 11th of November. Last year it took us forever to get back to Chandler. Luckily Rats was driving.

For me it also means bigger crowds at the airport and higher prices and smaller selection for rental cars.

Add that to home games Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's weekends and this seasons schedule is one of the worst in years for flying in for games.

Stupid NFL.

:soapbox:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That means huge traffic jams after the Lions game on the 11th of November. Last year it took us forever to get back to Chandler. Luckily Rats was driving.

For me it also means bigger crowds at the airport and higher prices and smaller selection for rental cars.

Add that to home games Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's weekends and this seasons schedule is one of the worst in years for flying in for games.

Stupid NFL.

I know. And it happens EVERY year!

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score

Stupid NFL.

Regardless! Burning precious fuel to bang around on a racetrack should be banned as the most wasteful abuse of the environment since Saddam burned the oilfields in Kuwait.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Regardless! Burning precious fuel to bang around on a racetrack should be banned as the most wasteful abuse of the environment since Saddam burned the oilfields in Kuwait.

I thought Cards fans would be the most understanding about spinning our tires and going in pointless circles?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
NASCAR is awesome. Love motor sports.

And the amount of fuel burned is nothing compared to what soccer moms use up.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nascar is a love it or leave it proposition. Most people I know are either huge fans or hate it...No in between

Most people I know that don't like it have never tried to field a car. They haven't been around it and just don't understand the complexity that is involved.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i'm down here in goodyear so i usually try to avoid going out much on race weekends - have tickets to the lions game - shouldn't be some bad going, but the way back has suck potential - will have probably try to run the surface streets in

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is cool when we have a lot of stuff going on in the valley.

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.

Every weekend, 16 NFL teams (not to mention scores of college teams) hop on a plane and fly thousands of miles to play football games. The amount of "precious fuel" that is used for this purpose, far exceeds what 43 cars use while driving a few hundred miles on a Sunday afternoon.

Maybe you'd like to ban the NFL?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Left turn left turn ...yawn

A backup CB on any NFL's practice squad is three times the athlete that a NASCAR driver is. Some people like it and that's great, but I get upset when one wants to call it a sport.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's only one game.

You don't have to fly in to the games anymore.

:D

I think it is cool when we have a lot of stuff going on in the valley.

Nothing wrong with having a lot going on. There is a problem with adding 165,000 people to your already crowded freeways. AZDot will probably have a section of I 10 or 101 closed that Sunday just to make it more interesting.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
A backup CB on any NFL's practice squad is three times the athlete that a NASCAR driver is. Some people like it and that's great, but I get upset when one wants to call it a sport.

I'm not aware of any fat Neck-car drivers.
You have to have courage, endurance and strength to chip those cars around a turn a 185MPH.

That said - it is boredom at its' finest attempting to watch it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every weekend, 16 NFL teams (not to mention scores of college teams) hop on a plane and fly thousands of miles to play football games. The amount of "precious fuel" that is used for this purpose, far exceeds what 43 cars use while driving a few hundred miles on a Sunday afternoon.

Maybe you'd like to ban the NFL?

I agree with both but I would point out the difference between the 2 is for years NASCAR consistently refused to switch from leaded fuel(as did other racing outfits) because they claimed there was no evidence leaded fuels were really all that harmful. The federal clean air act banned leaded gasoline ages ago but NASCAR and others simply refused to switch.

I know they were supposed to switch over next year but I think I read somewhere they were actually doing it earlier so they may have already done it?

The NFL doesn't really have a choice what fuel planes use to get its teams from point A to point B, NASCAR did and for ages they chose to use the most pollutive because they didn't want to change their cars and reduce speeds.

Last edited:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
It's ok Duckie, NASCAR doesn't hate you :D ... and you're always welcome to come hang out at my trailer for a brewski or two out at the track...

How did this thread go from a statement of inconvenience to a discussion on fuel consumption? :confused:

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's ok Duckie, NASCAR doesn't hate you :D ... and you're always welcome to come hang out at my trailer for a brewski or two out at the track...

How did this thread go from a statement of inconvenience to a discussion on fuel consumption? :confused:

That's what I was thinking. But thread hijacking ranks as the #2 pastime of ASFN posters.

NASCAR,NFL Football, and Hunting. Excuses to hang out and drink beer.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
you also forgot to mention fishing as an excuse to drink beer...I guess we all justify why our current favorite beer drinking past time is the best whether it be NASCAR or the NFL LOL

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have to fly in to the games anymore.

Yeah, I know. :) Sorry if I sounded like a jerk.

Last year, I didn't hit any traffic. Got to the stadium early, stayed late. Worked out perfectly. :)

It's ASFN. It happens.

Going to a NASCAR race is actually a lot of fun. I keep telling my one buddy that I'm gonna drag him to a race one day. The atmosphere is kinda cool. It's different from football in that you don't have fans rooting for one of two teams ... you have people rooting for one of 43 drivers.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. :) Sorry if I sounded like a jerk.

Last year, I didn't hit any traffic. Got to the stadium early, stayed late. Worked out perfectly. :)

It's ASFN. It happens.

Going to a NASCAR race is actually a lot of fun. I keep telling my one buddy that I'm gonna drag him to a race one day. The atmosphere is kinda cool. It's different from football in that you don't have fans rooting for one of two teams ... you have people rooting for one of 43 drivers.

All in a losing effort!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Last year, I didn't hit any traffic. Got to the stadium early, stayed late. Worked out perfectly.

How late did you stay? We were there until the lot police made us leave and still took forever.

Oh well no longer a problem. The Renaissance Hotel is finally open. I can just get a room over there and stumble 'er walk home from the game.