I got tivo/dvr today

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
today is one of the happiest days for me .I just got a DVR from Comcast . I will never miss another important game if it is on tv. sweeettt

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SpokaneCardfan said:
today is one of the happiest days for me .I just got a DVR from Comcast . I will never miss another important game if it is on tv. sweeettt

My DVR from Dish should be arriving any day now! I called all annoyed that I keep seeing these great deals for "new customers only" and wanted to know if I was still under contract, if not, I was going to be calling DirectTV to see what kind of offer they could give me. I was quickly transferred to a manager who was more than helpful! I got a free DVR with free shipping on it. :thumbup:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CQ said:
My DVR from Dish should be arriving any day now! I called all annoyed that I keep seeing these great deals for "new customers only" and wanted to know if I was still under contract, if not, I was going to be calling DirectTV to see what kind of offer they could give me. I was quickly transferred to a manager who was more than helpful! I got a free DVR with free shipping on it. :thumbup:

Does it have dual tuners in it?

My neighbors had Dish before, and went to DTV because Dish only had one tuner in their DVR...

Mike

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

My neighbors had Dish before, and went to DTV because Dish only had one tuner in their DVR...

Mike

Honestly, I don't know. I just know that it's better than what we have now, and it's free. So I can't complain too much. I'll look up which one we're getting and post it.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
The DISH Player-DVR 510 is a DISH Network satellite receiver that is capable of recording up to 100 hours* of programming on a 120 GB hard-drive. DISH Player-DVR 510 also includes DISH Network DVR Service that provides the ability to pause live TV, record standard definition DISH Network programming, skip recorded commercials and create instant replays.

FEATURES:

Includes DISH Network DVR Service that allows you to pause live TV, play,

stop, fast forward, fast reverse, skip forward... more >
120 gigabyte hard drive

Up to 100 hours* of 100% digital personal video recording

Records Dolby® Digital when available.

Up to 9-day extended Electronic Programming Guide

STANDALONE - $299.00
SYSTEM MSRP - $349.00

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CQ said:
The DISH Player-DVR 510 is a DISH Network satellite receiver that is capable of recording up to 100 hours* of programming on a 120 GB hard-drive. DISH Player-DVR 510 also includes DISH Network DVR Service that provides the ability to pause live TV, record standard definition DISH Network programming, skip recorded commercials and create instant replays.

FEATURES:

Includes DISH Network DVR Service that allows you to pause live TV, play,

stop, fast forward, fast reverse, skip forward... more >
120 gigabyte hard drive

Up to 100 hours* of 100% digital personal video recording

Records Dolby® Digital when available.

Up to 9-day extended Electronic Programming Guide

STANDALONE - $299.00
SYSTEM MSRP - $349.00

The link to the PDF file shows that it has two tuners...so you're golden!

Mike

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
The link to the PDF file shows that it has two tuners...so you're golden!

Mike

WOO HOO!!!! See now, that actually means nothing to me, but you make it sound like such a good thing! Plus, I got it for FREE!!!!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CQ said:
WOO HOO!!!! See now, that actually means nothing to me, but you make it sound like such a good thing! Plus, I got it for FREE!!!!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Two tuners means you can watch one show while taping another. OR, watch a taped show while taping two others.

If you only have one, then you have to watch what you're recording, or something being taped...

It almost makes it worse to have because you can easily have two shows on at the same time...and then can't watch both...

Mike

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Two tuners means you can watch one show while taping another. OR, watch a taped show while taping two others.

If you only have one, then you have to watch what you're recording, or something being taped...

It almost makes it worse to have because you can easily have two shows on at the same time...and then can't watch both...

Mike

Ah, I get it! Very cool! Thanks for explaining that for me!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike

I'm not sure about DR-TV but with Cox you can record 2 shows while watching something else. The only problem is if you are recording 2 shows at the same time and you are watching something else, you can't rewind what you are watching. (Which is very annoying if you aren't used to DVR's).

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike
Comcast has duel tunners and it is the ***** . I usually do not watch to much t.v. but I think I will now .

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I'm not sure about DR-TV but with Cox you can record 2 shows while watching something else. The only problem is if you are recording 2 shows at the same time and you are watching something else, you can't rewind what you are watching. (Which is very annoying if you aren't used to DVR's).

Wow...how stupid.

My neighbor just 6 months or so ago, bought all HD Tivo stuff for DTV...and just because he was a baby about putting an Over the Air Antenna for the Hi Def channels, he went to Cox...

After spending over $1000 on his Tivo and new dish.

And this is the crap you get with Cox? Plus their guide and graphics just look horrible, IMO.

Mike

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! My DVR arrived today and I just finished setting it up! Now, to figure out how to use it.... :p

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe you could make it your avatar or something GOSH

/jealous

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CQ said:
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! My DVR arrived today and I just finished setting it up! Now, to figure out how to use it.... :p

Was it delivered by FedEx :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn