I apologize!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Moving my family to the Valley of the Sun from the East Coast 42 years ago was a labor of
love. This is paradise!

And transferring my allegiance to our Phoenix Suns, then ultimately to the Diamondbacks
and Mercury, were part of that.

I've enjoyed reading, and sharing, opinions on Arizona Sports Fans Network, as well as its
predecessors, Az Pro Sports and Rivals, for decades.

It was undiplomatic and insensitive of me to recently share my opinion about Kobe Bryant's
involvement in the tragic helicopter crash which took many lives. Many thanks to my friend
Steve for pointing that out with compassion in a private message.

On a personal note, my obsession with not wanting to miss a quarter or an inning of our
hometown teams on Fox Sports Arizona, in addition to viewing my other favorite TV shows,
has caused blurriness in my eye due to sinus pressure on the eye. Made even worse by not
missing a thread or a post on ASFN for my teams. Even though I've had to squint to do it.

Put that all together and I have decided to stop straining my eyes. I'll catch some TV here
and there, as well as some items online, but I will resist the compulsion to overdo it.

Thanks for the good times, guys! I apologize for offending any of you with my opinions
and, yes, my obsessions.

ASFN is, by and large, a quality site. Keep up the good work! I'll miss it. Especially since it
represents the necessary cutbacks as I approach my 80th birthday. Best wishes to you all!

I have removed the ASFN sites from my shortcuts at the top of my screen to avoid the
temptation of accessing them throughout each day But I will check the results of Suns,
D-backs and Mercury games to keep apprised in general of how they're doing.

Take care!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BC,

We all make mistakes, say things that are insensitive now and then, when I first started posting here my bashing of Kevin Kolb and Michael Beasley bordered on trolling. I would like think that I've evolved as a poster. As often as I roll my eyes when you drag Alvin Adams through the mud for the 50th time... I would be sad if your rants were deprived from us.

Even though I often disagree with your stances, I also know that you post with good intentions and as a true and devoted fan. Diversity is important, your voice is an important one and echo chambers are good for no one.

I hope this isn't a true goodbye.

Best wishes man.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
BC,

We all make mistakes, say things that are insensitive now and then, when I first started posting here my bashing of Kevin Kolb and Michael Beasley bordered on trolling. I would like think that I've evolved as a poster. As often as I roll my eyes when you drag Alvin Adams through the mud for the 50th time... I would be sad if your rants were deprived from us.

Even though I often disagree with your stances, I also know that you post with good intentions and as a true and devoted fan. Diversity is important, your voice is an important one and echo chambers are good for no one.

Best wishes man.
Ditto

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BC,

Best wishes man.

+2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BC,

Best wishes man.

ditto plus 3.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all make mistakes and have to apologize now and then. That's a part of life.

I hope you didn't think we were going to let you go this easy after 19 years.

Save your shortcuts BC. You are going to need them!

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
We all make mistakes and have to apologize now and then. That's a part of life.

I hope you didn't think we were going to let you go this easy after 19 years.

Save your shortcuts BC. You are going to need them!
Speak for yourself, I don't make mistake

Don't sweat it BC. I don't think your comments would even make the top ten offensive comments in the Politics and Religion section for January.

Phrazbit summed up the rest.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed it. I have been basically out of the loop for a month. What is he apologizing for?

I have been busy caring for my father who last week lost his battle with Covid. It's been a tough time. My father was my best friend.

BC. Life's too short to not do things that you love. If you love talking about the Suns here, I think you ought to continue. I disagree with you most of the time, but that is oK.

Be safe guys. I would not wish the suffering that I witnessed on anyone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed it. I have been basically out of the loop for a month. What is he apologizing for?

I have been busy caring for my father who last week lost his battle with Covid. It's been a tough time. My father was my best friend.

BC. Life's too short to not do things that you love. If you love talking about the Suns here, I think you ought to continue. I disagree with you most of the time, but that is oK.

I'm so sorry JC. COVID is winning the battle at the moment. So much heartache out there.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So sorry JC. That really sucks.

And, BC, do what you have to do but don't disappear entirely. We don't all have to agree but we all can disagree more agreeably at times :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

So sorry to hear this JC. Condolences to your family.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i am so sorry for your loss, JC. There are no words...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So sorry JC. Covid-19 is a heartless opponent. I'm glad you got to spend time with your father at the end even though that memory will likely be a cross to bear for some time.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t post here often but read pretty much every post for many years. Will be sad to see you leave BC..

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"If I can't freely indulge in character assassination of someone who died tragically, then I don't want to be here."

Whew, at least he's not going to try to start his own message board, because that would be really shameful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"If I can't freely indulge in character assassination of someone who died tragically, then I don't want to be here."

Whew, at least he's not going to try to start his own message board, because that would be really shameful.

hehe...

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Whom are you quoting, Eric? Be careful how you use quote marks.

I am leaving the board because of an eye problem, which has
been worsened by spending hours watching ball games on TV.
And squinting to read and post to ASFN.

I've been considering it for some time. Yes, it was hastened
by my recent posts and the reactions to it.

P.S.: I am still watching this thread for a short while to be
aware of misquotes from people like you.

Thanks to the posters who have forgiven the opinions I posted.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Best of luck, BC. Is it really necessary to stop watching games? I hope you find something fulfilling to fill the void.

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Best of luck, BC. Is it really necessary to stop watching games? I hope you find something fulfilling to fill the void.

Movies and car trips, especially to visit family and friends are no problem.
Unfortunately, the COVID-19 threat has curtailed both of these activities.
It's not how I envisioned my golden years. But we are all inconvenienced!

I do take drives once in awhile (not a challenge to my vision), but
it's lacking something when I cannot enjoy eating out (for pleasure
or necessity) in local restaurants and it limits the possibilities.

Again, we are all in the same boat. Unfortunately, with these new
strains, even inoculations (I got my first and am a couple of weeks
away from my second) won't end the problem.

At the risk of being political, if only our country took action a year
ago when it began. We lost a year and it is now mushrooming.

Oops, there I go being controversial again. :shrug:

My eye is getting blurry, so I'll sign off.

As I said, I'll keep watching this one thread for awhile, thanks to
your kind comments.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So sorry to hear that JC. I didn't lose my dad to Covid but I shared a similarly close relationship with him and losing him hurt like hell. I wish there was something I could say to make it easier for you but time is really the only thing that will do that. I hope you're coping well, it will get easier.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave