How stupid will we look?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how stupid will we look if we draft Murray , keep Rosen and Rosen wins the starting job? I know the bigger Murray supporters are going to fire back , “ that will never happen.” Before you respond with that don’t underestimate the value of experience Rosen gained last year and Murray having to through the growing process. Also before you start comparing Murray to MaHomes don’t forget MaHomes played in only 1 game in his rookie year even though it had become totally apparent he was much better than Alex Smith. So how dumb will we look?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We would look insanely stupid IMO. But..... It has to be considered possible, even if it isn't that likely.

I will compare it to Russell when he was a rookie going up against Matt Flynn. Flynn was projected to start but Russell just blew him away in the preseason.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
They would simply look like the Same Ole Cards another draft lost and bottom feeders in the NFC West probably with yet another head coach GM fired

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard for me to imagine how we could possibly look any stupider than we have for the past couple years.

Botched coaching hires, botched free agency selections, botched drafts, botched contract negotiations and now a quarterback controversy from out of nowhere - which best case will result in half of the fan base being pissed off with whomever they select. Awesome.

Look stupider? Wasn’t sure it was even possible - but as long time fans of this organization, we should all be prepared for this inevitable result.

JTS

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It would be a slight at the general manager and the scouting department. It basically shows that there’s no trust internally, which is really bad. Plus, a QB competition can divide a locker room.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
At least we would've tried for once to fix the Qb position. And not again relying on catching an aging lightning in the bottle once in a decade for a couple of seasons...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Cards would trade Rosen before telling him there’s an open competition with a guy the new coach wanted #1 who he’s had a relationship with since HS.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
At least we would've tried for once to fix the Qb position. And not again relying on catching an aging lightning in the bottle once in a decade for a couple of seasons...

And giving Rosen a real chance in a better situation wouldn`t be trying to fix the QB situation?Jeez do you think Murray is the best freaking Qb to enter the draft in years or is he a stone cold sure thing in your opinion?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The Cards would trade Rosen before telling him there’s an open competition with a guy the new coach wanted #1 who he’s had a relationship with since HS.

that doesn`t gives warm and fuzzy feelings having a guy who is better as a backup/spot starter (Hundley) and a raw undersized rookie (Murray) as choices for QB......…......…….3-13 again.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
It’s hard for me to imagine how we could possibly look any stupider than we have for the past couple years.

Botched coaching hires, botched free agency selections, botched drafts, botched contract negotiations and now a quarterback controversy from out of nowhere - which best case will result in half of the fan base being pissed off with whomever they select. Awesome.

Look stupider? Wasn’t sure it was even possible - but as long time fans of this organization, we should all be prepared for this inevitable result.

JTS
They could draft a Kicker number 1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

JTS
leave it up to the red birds to have a QB controversy between their freshly drafted QBOTF and some dude that aint even in the freakin league.

FML

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
how stupid will we look if we draft Murray , keep Rosen and Rosen wins the starting job?

...and then we make the playoffs? I wouldn't care.

A different question: What if we keep Rosen, draft Bosa, Murray goes to...I don't know, the Giants, and leads them to the playoffs while the Cardinals end up with three wins and the #1 pick again?

A "divided locker room" gets a lot less divided when a team is winning. I say, keep them both and let's see what happens.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We would look insanely stupid IMO. But..... It has to be considered possible, even if it isn't that likely.

I will compare it to Russell when he was a rookie going up against Matt Flynn. Flynn was projected to start but Russell just blew him away in the preseason.
Neither of which were top 10 picks in consecutive years though. Flynn was an aberration who had 1 good game and the Seahawks were dumb enough to throw money at him. They saved themselves by getting lucky with Wilson.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Shane's right, we already look like idiots.

Any situation that ends with us taking Murray is complete laughingstock tier. We'll have wasted multiple picks last year. Trust me, every football fan I know is already raking me over the coals for the Cardinals even considering it.

Rosen and Murray won't be on this team together. You can't bench the #1 overall pick.

I hope this is all a smokescreen - I've never felt worse about this team if Murray is the pick. Pure doom and gloom for me.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
leave it up to the red birds to have a QB controversy between their freshly drafted QBOTF and some dude that aint even in the freakin league.

FML

So pathetic

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we’d be happy if our first 3 picks were Murray, Hockenson and downtown Brown.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

JTS

With Keim running the show have very little doubt.

As an eternal hopeful I'm putting my faith in him this off-season like a battered wife. "Maybe things will be different" I keep telling myself.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

That is a very good point. A little different because of where Wilson was drafted, but I remember thinking the Seattle Seahawks were CRAZY.

.....crazy like a fox apparently.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We already look stupid
Hard to argue. I cringe when I hear Kliff talk out of both sides of his mouth, especially when it came to describing Kyler Murray and then telling the media that Josh fits the offense.

Like, what is the point of this charade? No one’s buying the smoke screen. No one’s showing heavy interest in Kyler Murray at this point (probably a red flag). No one’s trying to jump up to #1. All this is doing is pissing us off and creating uncertainty with the fans. Perhaps the FO has a plan and we’ll be pleasantly surprised in the end, but right now, the powers that be are handling the #1 pick like drunken idiots. Nothing about what they’re doing is normal.

QB isn’t a top-5 need for this team and Kyler Murray isn’t even a top-15 talent in this draft. From that standpoint, it’s illogical to consider him at #1.

I thought after a disastrous season that I could look forward to the excitement of having the #1 pick. It’s become a curse and akin to reliving the pain of 2018.

Last edited: