How good/bad are we going to be next year

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the Suns off-season signings of Gordon, Beasley, and and possibly Dragic/Felton are we going to be better than .500 or worse? I know a lot of Suns fans want to suck to get a high lottery pick, but with these off-season moves, have we put ourselves back out of the low lottery and into NBA mediocrity again?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
34-48... if Gordon plays 60+ games.

If Gordon plays >10 games again and we are relying on Beasley ISO plays and Morris and Frye 3s to win... 20-62.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least we are signing young guys and not aging vets. Rebuilding has officially commenced!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd say low 30s, whether Gordon is healthy or not. I don't see Gordon as a difference-maker on a bad team. The reason to get him now is to hope that the Suns can surround him with additional talent in another couple of years. His level is like Danny Granger.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I happen to think that even with Gordon and Beasley on board,that this team will be lucky to win 25 games. The guys left on this roster(Duds,Frye,Gortat,Warrick,Morris etc...) are going to find life in the NBA very difficult without #13 running the show. Think about it. These guys have sucked from the teet of Nash for the last few years, and easy scoring opportunities(making them look good ;)) will be a thing of the past.

I fail to see how some fans seem to feel that the Suns have somehow managed to remain a mediocre team stuck in no mans land with the moves they've made thusfar.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll wait until the Gordon situation is resolved, but assuming they keep him I'd say around 30 wins give or take. Should be enough to keep the Suns out of range of drafting an impact player in what appears to be a top heavy draft.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Bottom 5 team, even with Gordon. And locked into that for the next 5 years at least. Sarver has never owned a team without Nash before now. There's nowhere for him to hide any longer.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
As much as we all complain ( I know I do a lot), we are a younger team with a stockpile of draft picks. All is not lost. And Dragic has talent, he showed it on a contender last year. I'm optimistic on Dragic.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Good enough for a late lottery pick and in the process we lose all our flexibility at cap space. Whoopty f'n do! Bang up job Bobby!

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I will let you know after summer league. Team is still being put together.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure yet. There are just too many unknown factors. We don't even know if Gordon is here yet.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Hard to say how good we will be next year, and I don't much care. For now I'm just happy that literally overnight we have finally accumulated some young talent and draft picks which we can build on and/or parlay into a better player(s) down the road. Never thought I would say that a year ago or even a few days ago.

Last edited:

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hard to say how good we will be next year, and I don't much care. For now I'm just happy that literally overnight we have finally accumulated some young talent and draft picks which we can build on and/or parlay into a better player(s) down the road. Never thought I would say that a year ago.

Right

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Assuming we have a healthy Gordon, 30-35 wins seems about right. It will greatly depend on how quickly the team can find some chemistry and who will emerge in the veteran leadership roles. I"m guessing it's now up to Dudley and Gortat to carry this team in the locker room.

But the Suns would need to add another major piece, a young PF with all-star potential, to make a run at playoffs. I don't know how well Dragic/Marshall combo will make up for the loss of Nash, but they won't be able to make our front court players look like all-stars anymore on any given night. Everyone will have to work much harder for their points. The addition of a scoring SG will help to alleviate that somewhat.

The Suns spent a lot of money on guards. They haven't spent anything on strengthening the big man rotation. I guess they are hoping Morris develops.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I *HOPE* that we win no more than, say, 25 wins. I don't know where that puts us in the lottery, but I would guess that puts us in the 4-6 range (?) - correct me if I'm wrong. We need a couple years near the top of the lottery, so hopefully this does it.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to take a minute to dedicate the next .14 seconds to all those Suns fans who felt that hanging onto Nash & Hill and surrounding them with scrubs for the last few years was a good idea,fun to watch and the right thing to do....

:D

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bottom 5 team, even with Gordon. And locked into that for the next 5 years at least. Sarver has never owned a team without Nash before now. There's nowhere for him to hide any longer.

Duno how you could say that. Dragic, gordon, and beasley are all capable of 20+ on any given night. Gortat can do that as well. All three are also capable of creating their own shot as well. All of them also proved they can hit the big time shot too (at a young age).

The only clear hole i can see with that team is rebounding other than Gortat. I think they should add blair to that mix as san antonio is shopping him.

Id say if they develop chemistry early, they are a 40-45 win team in year one. With a couple more supporting pieces and a couple years experience they are a contender and 50+ win team

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I think we'll be fighting all year long for that 8th spot. We're going to be just like Dork Elvis' Rockets. No clear star, but a bunch of fairly good working parts. Not enough to get your butt kicked every night, but not enough to win every night either. I look for us to finish within single digits of .500.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we'll be fighting all year long for that 8th spot. We're going to be just like Dork Elvis' Rockets. No clear star, but a bunch of fairly good working parts. Not enough to get your butt kicked every night, but not enough to win every night either. I look for us to finish within single digits of .500.

If we get Eric Gordon I agree, but we will come up a few games short because of our frontcourt defense/rebounding or lack thereof. I'm a big fan of Alvin gentry, but here I almost wish he wasn't our coach because I just have this feeling that no matter how little talent is on this roster fees going to find a way to keep us out of the top five in the draft. If that happens I really think we deserve to finally have a little luck in the lottery.

We will all have to post again when we see what happens with Eric Gordon and fill out the rest of the roster.

Joe Mama

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1

is it confirmed that Grant Hill is leaving? i say we are still stuck in the "chasing the 8th playoff" spot.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
If we end up with Gordon with all those young guys locked in I completely gut the roster. Trade Dudley, Frye, etc for expiring contracts. The only guy I keep is Gorat as its tough to find a good starting Center which I believe he is.

So gut the roster and you got a 25 win team. Question is who do they hire after gentry is axed when he had no chance?

I say Mike Pera :) worked for ASU.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think Dudley will bring anything in worth trading him for. His contract is extremely reasonable and he'll the the only real wing defender on the team.