How do you know when your basketball sason is over???

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd
How do you know when your basketball sason is over???

You take solice in the originality of your mascot in another thread...

When you have time to correct the post of a Wildcat... :D

schutd intended to post
How do you know when your basketball season is over???

You take solace in the originality of your mascot in another thread...

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
You take solice in the originality of your mascot in another thread...

Listening to UA fans, I thought college basketball was a year round sport, and no other major sports even exist at the college level...;)

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Theres other sports? Heh. By the way baller, We've had this discussion before, I think. I dont follow baseball, but I cant help but check in on the Devils this season. What the hell is that record all about? Damn.

Hows this one, Brian?

<b>How do you know when your basketball season is over, and you're getting out in your place about it on the boards?</b>

<i>Your best flame knocks someone's typing.</i>

Even YOU can do better than that. Not much, but at least try.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres other sports? Heh. By the way baller, We've had this discussion before, I think. I dont follow baseball, but I cant help but check in on the Devils this season. What the hell is that record all about? Damn.

Hows this one, Brian?

<b>How do you know when your basketball season is over, and you're getting out in your place about it on the boards?</b>

<i>Your best flame knocks someone's typing.</i>

Even YOU can do better than that. Not much, but at least try.

Oh, you mean something like talking about how we were better in football, you were better in basketball, and we're better in baseball?

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who's talking other sports? You guys are. ANd there's a reason your attentions are elsewhere. Youre done. Fini. kaput.

I'm talking about our current basketball season. The one that as of today, we're still playing. WHo lknows after tonight though. Heh.

Im such a crappy smack talker.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're all amateur smack talkers here, except maybe Section 11.

The difference between us is, once our basketball season is over we can look forward to the rest of the baseball season, next year's football program with Heisman hopeful Andrew Walter at QB, and then onto next season's basketball program with one of our best players being able to play (Serge, similar size as Ike but was hurt in "pre-season").

You'll likely skip all other sports and be talking basketball, as Baller implied. :D

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
I dont follow baseball, but I cant help but check in on the Devils this season. What the hell is that record all about? Damn.

You should check out your own Wildcats schutd. They've cracked the top 25 and have already made some noise in conference play. They just took a series from SC for the first time in a long time. Lopez has that program headed in the right direction. I can't wait to see us square off this year. It will be nice to see the rivalry spark up again in baseball.

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ill have to, Cland. Like I said, I dont really follow baseball, (though I have opening da tix to see the Mets vs. Sosa and the Cubs tomorrow, my first ever maor league game!!!) but its good to know the Cats are competoing. Normally I wouldnt know ANYTHING, but I was laughing to myself one day, perusing azcentral thinking how I loved that The U of A section was still talking basketball ad the ASU section only had baseball stuff, and I happened across that sick ass record. Damn.

But yeah, a good rivalry is always fun. Ill check out all y'all posts and try and get some knowledge of the teams. Itll take a lot to accept the PING off a college bat, vs the CRACK of a Major League one though...

And Brian, Im excited for next years football season, like your basketball season was one of growth and a sort of coming of age, at the very least we get to se if Mac can rise form the ahses of that mess of a program from last year and create something with a very highly rated recuit class, considering what prospects had to be seeing unfold in front of them. He did well. We wont match ASU next year, but it'll be interesting to see it unfold, and the day after Thanksgiving is ALWAYS a great game regardless of whos where in the polls.

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
Other sports..

I too can take or leave college baseball, However, I do look forward to football. Its like my own private cardinals franchise.. Like their "big-brothers", they always seem to get me all hyped just to smack me back down. I do hope Mac can turn it around this year. No more JJ an BW show. An hopefully Farmer has been pull'n the plow this offseason.
Basketball is now over... :( Kansas spanked us, though it was hard to get their hand on our arse, seeing as we were busy spanking ourselves as well. I noticed everyone ate there over-buttered pancakes before the game, and forgot silverware and/or to wash the butter off their hands. two monster comebacks mounted, only to be left with the sour taste of defeat.

Farewell Jason, Luke, and Rick.. It was a pleasure.

On to the Hassan an Iggy show... Special guest-stars: The Frye Guy, an his sidekick The Saliim Machine.. :thumbup:

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought Clarence Farmer was currently suspended from the Football program. Anyone know why?

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...

I don't recall hearing anything like that. I did a quick search, and found no related stories. Being in Tucson, it would most definitly have been in/on the local news, an I don't usually miss it. As far as I know, he's an upstanding human being.
I sure hope he's not suspended. That would stink.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Arizona Football Schedule:

Sat 08/30/2003 UTEP Tucson

Sat 09/06/2003 LSU Tucson

Sat 09/13/2003 Oregon Tucson

Sat 09/20/2003 Purdue West Lafayette, Ind.

Sat 09/27/2003 TCU Tucson

Sat 10/04/2003 Washington St Pullman, Wash

Sat 10/11/2003 UCLA Tucson

Sat 10/25/2003 California Berkeley

Sat 11/01/2003 Oregon St Corvallis

Sat 11/08/2003 Washington Tucson

Sat 11/15/2003 USC Tucson

Fri 11/28/2003 Arizona State Tempe

ASU Football Schedule

Sept. 6 Northern Arizona

Sept. 13 Utah State

Sept. 20 at Iowa

Sept. 27 at Oregon State

Oct. 4 USC

Oct. 11 Oregon

Oct. 18 at North Carolina

Oct. 25 at UCLA

Nov. 1 California

Nov. 8 at Stanford

No. 15 at Washington State

Nov. 28 Arizona

Looks like U of A misses Stanford and ASU won't play Washington next year.

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
Crap...

Apparently my search stunk.. TY Wiz. Its news to me..

Of the two, I would rather miss a game against Washington vs. missing one against Stanford..

An we get LSU and the boilermakers too. If it wasn't for those Pac-10 teams, we'd have a soft schedule.. :lol:

*sniff, sniff* I smell an 8-4 season come'n on... :thumbup:

LOL It isn't against the law to dream, is it..

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Unfortunately for UA, they may or may not have a better team next season, yet either way they'll have a worse record, since they have a much tougher schedule...